• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Getting a reveal around X-mas time I feel isn't completely unreasonable. The character will likely not be released for a while if it is. But keep in mind so far with FP2 the characters were released relatively close to their reveal. (discounting the Arms hint that is) and the way Nintendo's been handling announcements this year I feel these characters won't be revealed until they are essentially 99% finished. So far both Min Min and Steve were pretty complicated characters for Sakurai and based off of what he's said the other characters in this pass are not far off in terms of the workload they bring into development.

I reckon the next character will likely be shown off in February at the earliest. Which could lead to an eventual reveal around e3 time, maybe a double reveal if circumstances line up properly.
Sighs. I guess it’s too much to hope for. But it would still be really nice.

Though I doubt Crash or Geno would be as complicated as Min Min and Steve so....

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I don't mind Min Min's inclusion, but man I hate her playstyle. It's just mashing buttons over and over. One of the lamest characters in the game, bottom 3 in that regard.
As someone that plays Min Min, mashing buttons is just going to get you into trouble against better players.

D

Deleted member

Anyone else excited for this?
Impractical? Yes. I just think it's neat really.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Considering I only go to social threads and this is way more than the 3rd time I saw you. Yeah. Definitely an imposter.

As the spaghetti is done.
bet

if this picture gets me tons of likes, then you can shoot me out the ship
20201005_112455.jpg

this won't get more than 1 like, let alone 9+...this spoiler tag is how confident I am in living

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
The one good thing about Christmas creep is that it gets them to put Holiday Eggnog on the shelves earlier.
I don't mind Min Min's inclusion, but man I hate her playstyle. It's just mashing buttons over and over. One of the lamest characters in the game, bottom 3 in that regard.
I see her as a sort of trap character. She doesn't have the best mobility and her neutral, while it has clear strengths, is flawed, but she can crush you with insane pressure when she gets you off stage or in the corner. Kind of like Zelda.

cashregister9

Smash Hero

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Honestly she was the most boring dlc fighter so far for me.

I don't know if it's because I just don't care about Arms but she didn't leave any impact on me at all.

Shroob

Sup?
Getting a reveal around X-mas time I feel isn't completely unreasonable. The character will likely not be released for a while if it is. But keep in mind so far with FP2 the characters were released relatively close to their reveal. (discounting the Arms hint that is) and the way Nintendo's been handling announcements this year I feel these characters won't be revealed until they are essentially 99% finished. So far both Min Min and Steve were pretty complicated characters for Sakurai and based off of what he's said the other characters in this pass are not far off in terms of the workload they bring into development.

I reckon the next character will likely be shown off in February at the earliest. Which could lead to an eventual reveal around e3 time, maybe a double reveal if circumstances line up properly.
I'm kinda thinking a reveal about once every 100 or so days. That'd give us one around Jan-Feb, April, sometime in Summer and fall.

I'm not sold on the April one, due to it being close to E3, but at the same time, if we get a reveal in Jan/Feb, I can't see them going 4-5 months with nothing.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Since I've got a backlog of games I need to play (and of course finish) and now's a spooky month, I'm thinking about starting a poll.

Every game on said poll is guaranteed to be spooky in some way or another, even if it's not outright Horror (though there's definitely going to be a few horror games on the list).

In other words, this thread might decide which spooky game I play next.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
OH **** AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #850/#49 AND BATMAN #100 RELEASE THIS WEEK!!!

LETS-A ****ING GOOOOOOOO
For conditions that you made? Yeah right.
well...nobody else made any conditions to prove myself to not be a sussy

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I played more sunshine and I thought it was only 10 blue coins a level? I have 12 from Bianca hills right now.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Alright, we're doing this. Vote on which spooky game I should play next in celebration of the month!

(And to clarify, yes, I haven't played any of these yet).

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Right now I'm playing Hollow Knight.

I've said before that I don't usually finish Metroidvanias, but I'm starting to feel pretty good about this one. For some reason I'm not getting that frustrated when I get lost, and I haven't had to look up any guides at any point. There's just something about this game.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Right now I'm playing Hollow Knight.

I've said before that I don't usually finish Metroidvanias, but I'm starting to feel pretty good about this one. For some reason I'm not getting that frustrated when I get lost, and I haven't had to look up any guides at any point. There's just something about this game.
not saying much, but you're doing better than I have...while cheating

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Crappiest thing just happened to me on Dark Souls 3.

I made a mad dash to my 40,000+ Souls, ring of sacrifice equipped, through a TON of enemies but I ACTUALLY MADE IT TO THE SOULS...

but when I tried to pick them up my character just emoted and I died and lost all of them.

Honestly I think that may have just killed my inspiration to play the game...

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Well well, heard this was the new Social Thread.

Guess I know what thread to check if I want to drop by sometime.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
WIP.png

Wademan94 Wademan94 xD I have been meaning to doodle this for a while, because your Futaba Cream is just too adorable, and I love my Nameless King Silver, but it took me a while to get motivated enough, but after seeing some wholesome stuff prior, I finally could. x'D I don't know why I imagine Silver getting a lot of candies by scaring the crap out of others with lightning and evil eyes, and then giving it all to her.

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
It's the end of the final Mr. Sakurai Presents video. He looks towards the camera, and sighs.

"Well, that's it. [X Character] finally joins the battle! But we still have one more thing for you."

This appears on the screen.
View attachment 288534

"It appears we have a few late arrivals. But I think we can squeeze them in."

What's your reaction?
I'd be a little upset if Rex wasn't among the last remaining characters in FP2 and they opted instead to give us Octolings and (groan) another Pokemon over him as bonus fighters.

Not too big on Dixie Kong but at least I could understand her inclusion, and Impa would be pretty cool. I'm pretty indifferent overall, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom