• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Well, there is COVID.

God, Steve would have been saved if his announcement was coupled with another one during the conference.
I feel Steve was a big enough reveal he didn't really need "saving"(coming from the single most sold game in the world and all) although a double reveal woulda been nice. Considering how much raw effort was just put into making Steve(going so far as to overhaul all stages in the game just to make him work... like at all) I don't think we'll be getting CP8 for awhile. Likely won't be as long as a wait for Steve this time round but my bet is somewhere round December/January at the earliest.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Final one and then I go to bed.

Lamperouge Lamperouge considering you've been watching it, would you say the first ED is the best?

I should also join more social groups as well soon once things start clearing up.

Honestly I've been getting a "something has changed people" feeling around me recently, don't know what, like a sense of connection with poeple. Gonna head to bed before I start rambling.

And I’m Wade.
"And my name is _________."

Ah, does that mean the name is blank or something else. We'll fine out.....after these commercials. Music Plays

Someone please drag me from my keyboard.

Goodnight.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Final one and then I go to bed.

Lamperouge Lamperouge considering you've been watching it, would you say the first ED is the best?

I should also join more social groups as well soon once things start clearing up.

Honestly I've been getting a "something has changed people" feeling around me recently, don't know what, like a sense of connection with poeple. Gonna head to bed before I start rambling.

"And my name is _________."

Ah, does that mean the name is blank or something else. We'll fine out.....after these commercials. Music Plays

Someone please drag me from my keyboard.

Goodnight.
To be honest in these crazy times we need people to change and for us to be (metaphorically) closer. Humanity needs each other to work together more than ever right now. But a certain event coming up is sure to ruin chances of that...

D

Deleted member

It was HIM!
minecraft-steve-deluxe-costume-.jpg

Seriously though? Can't speak for everyone else obv but I've felt really depressed these past few days and months, and the fact that the world is slowly burning us all alive, the 2020 election cluster****, Covid... it's changed my outlook on life a bit. Maybe for the better, maybe for the worse. I don't really know.

Rizen

Smash Legend
:sadeyes: That feeling when you post a message to a woman on a dating site and she doesn't respond for three days. I'm worried I said something wrong but I also don't want to post again because I might sound needy. We were already having a conversation.

Last edited:

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Whenever the random maid lady in the conjuring says "look what you made me do", I can't help but think of the Taylor Swift song of the same name xD

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
OK very, very final post. Glad to see others' gave been getting that feeling as well so it's not me.

Just feels harder to keep myself up and connecting to both my friends IRL and here where I consider a few of you guys friends. I could talk for all the world to here and there usually but haven't been feeling it in a way.
It's hard to explain. Like a temporary burnout with people if that's how to put it best. Probably not the only one who's been feeling that recently.

To be honest in these crazy times we need people to change and for us to be (metaphorically) closer. Humanity needs each other to work together more than ever right now. But a certain event coming up is sure to ruin chances of that...
I know what you are talking about but the reaction will depend on where you live but it'll effect all of us depending on country.

Oh, hands down; I find the song to be much more catchy and I really like the imagery. Sad that they've replaced it twice now.
I know and I like to envision it as a could have been with the characters. Also decided that Toradora is next to watch. Flipped a coin between that and Bookworm. So that's tomorrow then.

Now I'm definitely, definitely off to bed.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So we may have a very big leak for FIghter Pass Two.

Gonna spoiler it and while it's not fully confirmed, it stands a pretty good chance at being real.

Apparently recently its been discovered that something went under people's radars from last year. Activsion apparently accidentally leaked a document that had their five year plan for Crash. This detailed the Mobile Game, Four, more, and Crash in Smash in 2021. Documents have been seen by insiders apparently and many in the Crash community who have sources to this stuff, believe its a real document from Activison and have seen it behind the scenes.

If this is true, that's hype as hell. That's one of my most wanted and this pass would really be destroying first pass in terms of good and big picks imo. I'm pretty inclined to believe this is likely real, it makes a lot of sense.

Also please, make his trailer a recreation of the commercials where he was outside Nintendo's HQ.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I wanted to rewatch the movie Commando, only to find out that my DVD had inexplicably stopped working (there weren't any scratches, but my Xbox 360 wouldn't read it, and on my computer, it couldn't read the disc once it reached the main menu). It's a shame - it's one of my favourite Arnold Schwarzenegger movies, and the one-liners are top-notch.

It's a lot of cheesy fun, and I'm disappointed that the DVD could just stop working like that, seemingly out of nowhere. (it also has me concerned for the rest of my DVD collection)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It's the end of the final Mr. Sakurai Presents video. He looks towards the camera, and sighs.

"Well, that's it. [X Character] finally joins the battle! But we still have one more thing for you."

This appears on the screen.
View attachment 288534

"It appears we have a few late arrivals. But I think we can squeeze them in."

What's your reaction?
Cool. That's about all I can say

Also who are those bottom 2 characters? I know the top 2 but not the others

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
So we may have a very big leak for FIghter Pass Two.

Gonna spoiler it and while it's not fully confirmed, it stands a pretty good chance at being real.

Apparently recently its been discovered that something went under people's radars from last year. Activsion apparently accidentally leaked a document that had their five year plan for Crash. This detailed the Mobile Game, Four, more, and Crash in Smash in 2021. Documents have been seen by insiders apparently and many in the Crash community who have sources to this stuff, believe its a real document from Activison and have seen it behind the scenes.

If this is true, that's hype as hell. That's one of my most wanted and this pass would really be destroying first pass in terms of good and big picks imo. I'm pretty inclined to believe this is likely real, it makes a lot of sense.

Also please, make his trailer a recreation of the commercials where he was outside Nintendo's HQ.
And who exactly are these insiders who've seen the "document", and how do we know they're credible?

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
It's the end of the final Mr. Sakurai Presents video. He looks towards the camera, and sighs.

"Well, that's it. [X Character] finally joins the battle! But we still have one more thing for you."

View attachment 288534

What's your reaction?
Hyped for Impa! Otherwise I sleep...

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
So... the Conjuring, despite having "jumpscare" music throughout, and having jumpscare tropes, actually subverts expectations and builds up suspense well. It was a pleasant surprise because I expected cheap jumpscares, but the suspense was present to make the payoff mostly worth it. Yeah, there ARE elements you've seen before in other horror movies which can make a few moments kinda cliche, and the father character is boring as butts, but on the whole it was a surprisingly good movie.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
:sadeyes: That feeling when you post a message to a woman on a dating site and she doesn't respond for three days. I'm worried I said something wrong but I also don't want to post again because I might sound needy. We were already having a conversation.
That’s tough, I’m really sorry to hear that my friend.

D

Deleted member

So I just did the math and I'll only need round $40-50 dollars in order to get the essentials I need to upgrade my Granblue deck(Nightrose x3, Negrobone x4, Negrolazy and G0 x1 each,etc) so that's pretty good. Might build another deck from VBT09 that isn't Seven Seas so I can finally have some variety but not sure just yet. Need to budget my money a bit more than I usually do and another deck might be a bit much.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there

View attachment 288534

What's your reaction?
The three on the left are hype.

But...Octoling? My definitive, #1 most wanted after Inklings got in? After Dark Samus, Isabelle, Joker, Byleth, Min Min, and Steve too?

I think...I think this is about how I'd react:

Basically, I think I'd just be broken, lol. I don't think I'd be able to believe that I'd just won that many times in a Smash roster.

Brain just wouldn't be able to handle it.:drshrug:

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I feel Steve was a big enough reveal he didn't really need "saving"(coming from the single most sold game in the world and all) although a double reveal woulda been nice. Considering how much raw effort was just put into making Steve(going so far as to overhaul all stages in the game just to make him work... like at all) I don't think we'll be getting CP8 for awhile. Likely won't be as long as a wait for Steve this time round but my bet is somewhere round December/January at the earliest.
PLEASE DADDY SAKURAI! GIVE US A CHRISTMAS PRESENT!

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Don't wait for an answer, move on. As cold as it may sound, if she's interested she'll get in touch if not then, "oh well."

Abundance is key and there's plenty of fish in the sea. Even if things were seemingly going well before you could potentially have a similar experience with someone who's into you later on down the line. You have your life to live, then live it instead of waiting for a reply.

If you feel it was something you said think about, first of all. Were you being genuine with what you said? Or were you trying to play a role to try to impress them? If the latter then adjust and then work on the former. (unintentional quote from RWBY but) If you tell the truth you're never wrong!

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
And who exactly are these insiders who've seen the "document", and how do we know they're credible?
You can see some of the posts of people reporting it here at about 20mins in. I don’t follow the leak scene for the franchise in question but it seems to have potential:

D

Deleted member

I mean... with only 2 months to go until December it would be a pretty tight squeeze unless Steve and whoever CP8 is was being worked on overtime. Would be hilarious if the trailer drops on christmas day though lol

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
It's Gex in Smash, along with an announcement that Sakurai will be working on the next Gex title

Gex will also be a summon in KH4: Xehanort's Finally ****ing Dead as thank you for Normura letting Cloud stay in Ultimate

Last edited:

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Getting a reveal around X-mas time I feel isn't completely unreasonable. The character will likely not be released for a while if it is. But keep in mind so far with FP2 the characters were released relatively close to their reveal. (discounting the Arms hint that is) and the way Nintendo's been handling announcements this year I feel these characters won't be revealed until they are essentially 99% finished. So far both Min Min and Steve were pretty complicated characters for Sakurai and based off of what he's said the other characters in this pass are not far off in terms of the workload they bring into development.

I reckon the next character will likely be shown off in February at the earliest. Which could lead to an eventual reveal around e3 time, maybe a double reveal if circumstances line up properly.

D

Deleted member

So my mom got Ring Fit Adventure for all of us...

can't wait for her to see mr.buff furry dragon over here ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
download (6).jpeg

music is a bop though

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
You can see some of the posts of people reporting it here at about 20mins in. I don’t follow the leak scene for the franchise in question but it seems to have potential:
undefined
Yeah I'm not seeing any reason this one is special. Just another twitter rando going "I know some credible people but I won't tell you who, please believe me".

Fans of that character shouldn't be getting too excited over this just yet.

Luig

Confused
I wanted to rewatch the movie Commando, only to find out that my DVD had inexplicably stopped working (there weren't any scratches, but my Xbox 360 wouldn't read it, and on my computer, it couldn't read the disc once it reached the main menu). It's a shame - it's one of my favourite Arnold Schwarzenegger movies, and the one-liners are top-notch.

It's a lot of cheesy fun, and I'm disappointed that the DVD could just stop working like that, seemingly out of nowhere. (it also has me concerned for the rest of my DVD collection)
Disc rot is depressing to me. I doubt that's what happening to the DVDs, as disc rot doesn't happen to stuff that recent, but I collect CDs, and I'm concerned for some of my older ones; I have the CD for Toto IV, 1982, and if any disc starts rotting first, It'll be that one. The inevitability of stuff like that eventually breaking is sad to me. My emperor's new groove VHS tape will eventually demagnetize, and I dunno how i'll live when that happens.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Yeah I'm not seeing any reason this one is special. Just another twitter rando going "I know some credible people but I won't tell you who, please believe me".

Fans of that character shouldn't be getting too excited over this just yet.
There’s more then one user discussing it and that news article. Like I said not confirmed but interesting none the less.

KillerCage

Smash Master
Well just finished another anime.
View attachment 288524
My Life as a Villainess. Was pretty good at the first three or so episodes but lost it a bit after. Clever way of doing isekai and a few of the characters were entertaining but that was really it. Was watchable but that's all I'm giving it.

As for the next anime going with three options, sticking to my Crunchyroll anime list and not to my high seas one.

Option 1 - Another Female Lead Isekai: Ascendance of a Bookworm.

Option 2 - Romantic Comedy I'm surprised I haven't watched yet: Toradora!

Option 3 - Short and Sweet Feels: Plastic Memories.

All of this though, feels like I'm hitting the barrel bottom already of my interest in my anime from Crunchyroll. Outside of these three, about 12 or left on my to watch list that doesn't involve the high seas.

-------------------------------------------------
Also for anime endings. There's one easy favourite of all time.

I should get to bed.
I would recommend Toradora.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I'm posting this for absolutely no reason...

But another reason why I'm excited for Subnautica is because it's OST is straight fire🔥🔥🔥

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom