• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Imagine the Sephiroth reaction
Chants of Free Melee
HOLY **** IS'S SEPHIROTH
cheers
Wait, what were we talking about?
The one guy in the corner who’s never heard one winged angel and doesn’t get why everyone freaked out when the music started.

it’s me. I’m the one guy.

Last edited:

dezeray112

Smash Hero
The crashes are definitely people/ sword getting sucked into this world. Hence why the blonde bled in color and out of nowhere was scared and fearful of where she was.IT seems people get trapped in here and the world slowly wipes their minds. That's why Wanda and vision don't know who they truly are. Its also why the trailers show Monica doesn't remember who she is later on despite knowing who she is in the first two episodes( she pauses and thinks carefully trying to make a fake name up)

The commercials are important but those aren't her parents. The first one is about the starks because their missiles killed her family in Age of Ultron. The second one, the watch is called strucker, who is the Hydra scientist that experimented on her and her brother with the mindstone, awakening their powers.
That makes a lot of sense on the bolded. I guess I maybe thinking a bit too much on the people within the commercial, however I'm really interested to see what the commercial within the next episode will be based upon.

Reactions: Z25

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Maybe I could spend the day of tomorrow working on my concept roster for a possible Mario Kart 9/10.

The question would be if this thread would care enough, as these past two days there seems to be way lower activity.
I’d like to help, have my own ideas for one too

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I say it's a pretty good deal.

If you have lots of free time and not too many other games to finish, go for it.
That’s a pretty major price drop.

If you’re interested, I say go for it. It’s just 13 bucks, and this opportunity may not arise again.
Wonder why it's so ****ing low though. Is there an anniversary or something?

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Wonder why it's so ****ing low though. Is there an anniversary or something?
Yes.

The 25th anniversary for the entire Tales Of franchise to be precise is going on atm.

Edit: 25th, not 30th, oopsie.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Nice to see Citizens of Earth (a neat EarthBound clone) is coming to Switch and it's bundled with the sequel that I haven't played.

But $30 is a bit too steep for me, even with a 10% off discount. I'll just wait for a bigger discount.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
One year ago, today.

View attachment 299556
And the crowd went
😐
only crowd that mattered was I...and it was positive **** for Fyleth...cause she better than Myleth
The one year anniversary of these reveals.

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - Byleth Reveal Trailer - YouTube

Byleth Recruits ...Byleth! by CherryR95 on DeviantArt

For all the controversy it may have gotten, it was, however, the last reveal we got before everything went into lockdown hell. I can't deny I at least have some nostalgia for those precious first few months of 2020 before everyone's non-online social life went to sh**. They were technically the last DLC characters that we got to experience at large in person Smash gatherings too.
Teacher Waifu
It is Byleth Anniversary time.

Now put in another FE character, Sakurai. We still missin' Lyn. :nifty:
Lyn don't want that fade

D

Deleted member

Alright, so let's do this. Hopefully people of the thread do see this.

So, as I promised a few days ago, here's what I would do if Nintendo came to me and asked me to decide the roster for the next main Mario Kart alongside some minor ideas to go alongside It.

Just in case, I'm tagging osby osby (who may find one of the new characters I added interesting) Noipoi Noipoi Speed Weed Speed Weed Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku and SnakeFighter64 SnakeFighter64 to make sure that at least 4 people read this (and hopefully comment on It, in this House we are open to any feedback).

So, with all that said, let's go check JD's Mario Kart roster:

1 Mario
2 Luigi
3 Peach
4 Bowser
5 Toad
6 Koopa Troopa
7 Donkey Kong
8 Yoshi
9 Wario
10 Waluigi
11 Toadette
12 Birdo
13 Diddy Kong
14 Funky Kong
15 Bowser Jr (Koopalings as alts)
16 Rosalina
17 Petey Piranha
18 Shy Guy
19 King Boo
20 Lakitu
21 Wiggler
22 Link
23 Villager
24 Isabelle
25 Inkling
26 Baby Mario
27 Baby Luigi
28 Miis

Characters 1 from 11 are what I consider the Mario Kart main stays. They have been in almost every title in the series and I doubt they are getting dropped anytime soon.

The rest of the returning additions are either characters deeply well-received by the community such as Funky Kong or King Boo or a lot of characters which may not be as highly regarded but do help the rosters of Mario Kart feel interesting by being either common enemies in the series (such as Shy Guy or Wiggler) or characters which attract most casual players.

From the babies I decided to add back Baby Mario and Baby Luigi due to having strong connections with the Yoshi's Island series, the Mario & Luigi titles and also for slightly referencing one of Double Dash's most iconic gimmicks.

All the guests from Mario Kart 8 return as they are strongly iconic Nintendo characters and they fit really well inside the roster (ROB however isn't returning)

29 Hammer Brother: this is one of those picks which I honestly feel should have happened already, as he has been a main and common Mario enemy since the beginnings.

30 Monty Mole: you will notice through this list that I added a good chunk of enemies to my roster. This is because I believe one of the things which makes Mario Kart's rosters unique is the way they will add generic goons to the roster from various games in the series and actually make them enjoyable to play as. It isn't something you can't find in most other Racing games (that is until Crash Team Racing Nitro Fueled started doing so too). And Monty Mole while not being in the series from the beginning is for me popular enough to warrant a spot as a racer

31 Pauline: let's be real: she deserves the Mario Kart spot. First female Mario character, part of the main Cast of one of the most iconic arcade machines ever, co-starred in a popular NDS Mario spin-off series and now getting a really Big push thanks to Mario Odyssey and Jump Up Superstar. Imo, a character which should have been in Mario Kart already many games ago.

32 Dixie Kong: another character I feel should get the spot but not to the level of Pauline. She is really popular, would pair well with Diddy Kong in the roster and would help grow the amount of female characters. Not to mention the strong popularity of Tropical Freeze.

33 Goomba: another one who should have already happened alongside Pauline. There isn't any excuse anymore, as Super Mario Party finally proved you can make a playable Goomba work in Mario spin-offs

34 Spike: this one is interesting. I decided to include Spike not just to add more Mario enemies, but because I feel this enemy has gained more popularity inside the Mario fandom thanks to SMG4's YouTube videos and the character based on the enemy from those. It would be half a serious and a half joke pick as a minor tribute to the SMG4 community. They also have been present already in Mario Party and Mario Tennis Aces.

35 King Bob Omb: this one is quite self-explanatory. We already have a King Boo, Super Mario 3D All Stars recently released and It would be neat to get more stuff from Mario 64 in Mario Kart.

36 Cranky Kong: really similar reasons to Dixie Kong, also to complete the main playable cast from Tropical Freeze

37 Chain Chomp: Mario Tennis Aces sold me on the idea of a playable Chain Chomp. Also It is my favourite Mario enemy

38 Cappy (maybe Tiara as alt): a character who I feel should get a spot too as he is the main gimmick of Mario Odyssey. Also makes for interesting character design in the roster.

39 Nabbit: Nabbit is the character most people like from the NSMB series. I feel he should be a frequent addition to the rosters, as he does have a unique design and helps make the rosters feel expanded.

40 Ninji: I feel that Super Mario Bros 2 or Super Mario USA is too underepresented nowadays besides Super Mario 3D World. While I don't know if they could add Wart to the roster, I feel that adding Ninji would be good enough as these enemies still keep getting a decent amount of presence on the games and even managed to become part of the figures in the recent LEGO Super Mario line.

41 Plessie: I want to add this character to represent more of Super Mario 3D World, and because I feel It would be popular with younger players.

42 Toadsworth: this one I admit has bias because I really liked Sunshine and the Mario & Luigi games are. Idk how likely he would truly be.

43 Bum Bum (with Pom Pom as alt): really surprised they weren't added to Mario Kart already. They are quite frequent in the series recently.

44 Kamek: a long time coming. Scrapped from both Mario Kart 64 and Mario Kart 8, this enemy who had a strong role in Yoshi's Island is a really strong match for the series

45 E.Gadd: A character I want to see added as he would be quite fun to include and more Luigi's Mansion content is always welcomed.

Finally, the new guests.
46 Olimar: I would want to add Olimar as Pikmin is one of Miyamoto's favourite creations. The series is also strongly present in Nintendo marketing, to the point that even in Super Nintendo World they have hidden some Pikmin around the Park.

47 Spring Man/Min Min: this one I want to add mostly because Arms was also developed by the Mario Kart team and they could come with a really interesting Battle Mode map (more on that later)

48 Kirby: this one I'm divided with. For one side Kirby does fit perfectly in Mario Kart and is strongly popular, on the other side the franchise is heavily co-owned by Hal Laboratory and idk how negotations would have to be to include Kirby. But yeah, I would at least try to get Kirby in.

49 Marth: this one is potentially the most confusing addition, and ironically what I said at the beginning could be Osby's favourite addition.
I honestly believe that Fire Emblem has slowly but surely become one of the Big boy Nintendo IPs. Three Houses has been the best selling Fire Emblem in the West, Fire Emblem Heroes keeps getting ingress and players and It seems the Train isn't stopping. I feel It has come to the point that Fire Emblem would indeed fit perfectly into Mario Kart. Of course Marth would get a Mario Kart exclusive redesign to fit more with the artstyle similar to what Link had (maybe they take inspiration mostly from the original NES artwork).

Before going to the final part, I want to comment that I made sure to make the number of racers 49 so I could make a sort of perfect square in the character menu (kinda similar to Mario Kart 8). I also made sure to not include way more new characters than older ones so It could balance evenly and the number of returning characters was good enough for the community.

I would really like a new track inspired by New Donk City. It could be easy to design and would make for interesting shortcuts and layouts.

A track based on Mario 64 would be cool. You could start at Peach's Castle and throught the course of the track you would go inside paintings and explore some of the Mario 64 Maps.

I feel antigravity should return, as It helped make the track design even cooler.

Waluigi Pinball and Coconut Mall are some Tracks I want to return.

I really feel a Battle Mode track based on Arms would work really well, due to the competitive nature of the original game.

The Pikmin track could work similar to Animal Crossing where It has some variants with different designs inspired by the time of day.

I'm divided about what to do for the Fire Emblem track: for one side I'm considering the idea of making the Garreg Mach Monastery a really Big track where many of the characters from the Game would be watching the racers. On the other side I considered a generic Fire Emblem map for Battle Mode inspired by the combat Maps in the Fire Emblem series.

I want the F-Zero Tracks to return too, but idk if I would add a new one.

Mii costumes are returning.

You will have noticed that I skipped a lot of alternate characters in my roster. That's because I am considering the idea of turning all of them into alts or costumes for the main characters. Think of It like the costume of Crash Team Racing Nitro Fueled, but with different unlock methods.

Well, that should be all of It. I spent over an hour writing all of this. Hopefully the effort doesn't go to waste and the people of the thread do read this.

Phew, gonna drink some water now.

Edit:
20210105_141506.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Looks like they're aware.

D

Deleted member

I'm talking about all of the potential angry people flipping their ****
Okay, so? Everyone has a right to an opinion, doesn’t matter how stupid it is.

There’s definitely a point where it can cross a line but having an opinion over a video game character isn’t it.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Well, I got into my first major car accident earlier. I am okay, but man, my car isn't exactly in the best shape. The right side of it, that is.

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514

So, as I promised a few days ago, here's what I would do if Nintendo came to me and asked me to decide the roster for the next main Mario Kart alongside some minor ideas to go alongside It.

Just in case, I'm tagging osby osby (who may find one of the new characters I added interesting) Noipoi Noipoi Speed Weed Speed Weed Ramen Tengoku Ramen Tengoku and SnakeFighter64 SnakeFighter64 to make sure that at least 4 people read this (and hopefully comment on It, in this House we are open to any feedback).

1 Mario
2 Luigi
3 Peach
4 Bowser
5 Toad
6 Koopa Troopa
7 Donkey Kong
8 Yoshi
9 Wario
10 Waluigi
11 Toadette
12 Birdo
13 Diddy Kong
14 Funky Kong
16 Rosalina
17 Petey Piranha
18 Shy Guy
19 King Boo
20 Lakitu
21 Wiggler
22 Link
23 Villager
24 Isabelle
25 Inkling
26 Baby Mario
27 Baby Luigi
28 Miis

Characters 1 from 11 are what I consider the Mario Kart main stays. They have been in almost every title in the series and I doubt they are getting dropped anytime soon.

The rest of the returning additions are either characters deeply well-received by the community such as Funky Kong or King Boo or a lot of characters which may not be as highly regarded but do help the rosters of Mario Kart feel interesting by being either common enemies in the series (such as Shy Guy or Wiggler) or characters which attract most casual players.

From the babies I decided to add back Baby Mario and Baby Luigi due to having strong connections with the Yoshi's Island series, the Mario & Luigi titles and also for slightly referencing one of Double Dash's most iconic gimmicks.

All the guests from Mario Kart 8 return as they are strongly iconic Nintendo characters and they fit really well inside the roster (ROB however isn't returning)

29 Hammer Brother: this is one of those picks which I honestly feel should have happened already, as he has been a main and common Mario enemy since the beginnings.

30 Monty Mole: you will notice through this list that I added a good chunk of enemies to my roster. This is because I believe one of the things which makes Mario Kart's rosters unique is the way they will add generic goons to the roster from various games in the series and actually make them enjoyable to play as. It isn't something you can't find in most other Racing games (that is until Crash Team Racing Nitro Fueled started doing so too). And Monty Mole while not being in the series from the beginning is for me popular enough to warrant a spot as a racer

31 Pauline: let's be real: she deserves the Mario Kart spot. First female Mario character, part of the main Cast of one of the most iconic arcade machines ever, co-starred in a popular NDS Mario spin-off series and now getting a really Big push thanks to Mario Odyssey and Jump Up Superstar. Imo, a character which should have been in Mario Kart already many games ago.

32 Dixie Kong: another character I feel should get the spot but not to the level of Pauline. She is really popular, would pair well with Diddy Kong in the roster and would help grow the amount of female characters. Not to mention the strong popularity of Tropical Freeze.

33 Goomba: another one who should have already happened alongside Pauline. There isn't any excuse anymore, as Super Mario Party finally proved you can make a playable Goomba work in Mario spin-offs

34 Spike: this one is interesting. I decided to include Spike not just to add more Mario enemies, but because I feel this enemy has gained more popularity inside the Mario fandom thanks to SMG4's YouTube videos and the character based on the enemy from those. It would be half a serious and a half joke pick as a minor tribute to the SMG4 community. They also have been present already in Mario Party and Mario Tennis Aces.

35 King Bob Omb: this one is quite self-explanatory. We already have a King Boo, Super Mario 3D All Stars recently released and It would be neat to get more stuff from Mario 64 in Mario Kart.

36 Cranky Kong: really similar reasons to Dixie Kong, also to complete the main playable cast from Tropical Freeze

37 Chain Chomp: Mario Tennis Aces sold me on the idea of a playable Chain Chomp. Also It is my favourite Mario enemy

38 Cappy (maybe Tiara as alt): a character who I feel should get a spot too as he is the main gimmick of Mario Odyssey. Also makes for interesting character design in the roster.

39 Nabbit: Nabbit is the character most people like from the NSMB series. I feel he should be a frequent addition to the rosters, as he does have a unique design and helps make the rosters feel expanded.

40 Ninji: I feel that Super Mario Bros 2 or Super Mario USA is too underepresented nowadays besides Super Mario 3D World. While I don't know if they could add Wart to the roster, I feel that adding Ninji would be good enough as these enemies still keep getting a decent amount of presence on the games and even managed to become part of the figures in the recent LEGO Super Mario line.

41 Plessie: I want to add this character to represent more of Super Mario 3D World, and because I feel It would be popular with younger players.

42 Toadsworth: this one I admit has bias because I really liked Sunshine and the Mario & Luigi games are. Idk how likely he would truly be.

43 Bum Bum (with Pom Pom as alt): really surprised they weren't added to Mario Kart already. They are quite frequent in the series recently.

44 Kamek: a long time coming. Scrapped from both Mario Kart 64 and Mario Kart 8, this enemy who had a strong role in Yoshi's Island is a really strong match for the series

45 E.Gadd: A character I want to see added as he would be quite fun to include and more Luigi's Mansion content is always welcomed.

Finally, the new guests.
46 Olimar: I would want to add Olimar as Pikmin is one of Miyamoto's favourite creations. The series is also strongly present in Nintendo marketing, to the point that even in Super Nintendo World they have hidden some Pikmin around the Park.

47 Spring Man/Min Min: this one I want to add mostly because Arms was also developed by the Mario Kart team and they could come with a really interesting Battle Mode map (more on that later)

48 Kirby: this one I'm divided with. For one side Kirby does fit perfectly in Mario Kart and is strongly popular, on the other side the franchise is heavily co-owned by Hal Laboratory and idk how negotations would have to be to include Kirby. But yeah, I would at least try to get Kirby in.

49 Marth: this one is potentially the most confusing addition, and ironically what I said at the beginning could be Osby's favourite addition.
I honestly believe that Fire Emblem has slowly but surely become one of the Big boy Nintendo IPs. Three Houses has been the best selling Fire Emblem in the West, Fire Emblem Heroes keeps getting ingress and players and It seems the Train isn't stopping. I feel It has come to the point that Fire Emblem would indeed fit perfectly into Mario Kart. Of course Marth would get a Mario Kart exclusive redesign to fit more with the artstyle similar to what Link had (maybe they take inspiration mostly from the original NES artwork).

Before going to the final part, I want to comment that I made sure to make the number of racers 49 so I could make a sort of perfect square in the character menu (kinda similar to Mario Kart 8). I also made sure to not include way more new characters than older ones so It could balance evenly and the number of returning characters was good enough for the community.

I would really like a new track inspired by New Donk City. It could be easy to design and would make for interesting shortcuts and layouts.

A track based on Mario 64 would be cool. You could start at Peach's Castle and throught the course of the track you would go inside paintings and explore some of the Mario 64 Maps.

I feel antigravity should return, as It helped make the track design even cooler.

I really feel a Battle Mode track based on Arms would work really well, due to the competitive nature of the original game.

The Pikmin track could work similar to Animal Crossing where It has some variants with different designs inspired by the time of day.

I'm divided about what to do for the Fire Emblem track: for one side I'm considering the idea of making the Garreg Mach Monastery a really Big track where many of the characters from the Game would be watching the racers. On the other side I considered a generic Fire Emblem map for Battle Mode inspired by the combat Maps in the Fire Emblem series.

You will have noticed that I skipped a lot of alternate characters in my roster. That's because I am considering the idea of turning all of them into alts or costumes for the main characters. Think of It like the costume of Crash Team Racing Nitro Fueled, but with different unlock methods.

Well, that should be all of It. I spent over an hour writing all of this. Hopefully the effort doesn't go to waste and the people of the thread do read this.

dis

dis is good

dis is very good

Only real suggestion I have is Captain Falcon kinda feels like a no-brainer for a guest considering it's Nintendo's most popular racing IP with original characters.....in a racing game based on Nintendo's biggest property. Plus he'd push the roster into 50 and he fits with how MK8 leaned towards in-house Nintendo properties specifically for its guests

also a Pianta would be pretty cool

Noipoi

Howdy!
Tiny Kong
Can float through the air
Can climb up trees

Knuckles the Echidna
Can float through the air
Can climb up trees

Have we ever seen them in the same room?

D

Deleted member

dis

dis is good

dis is very good

Only real suggestion I have is Captain Falcon kinda feels like a no-brainer for a guest considering it's Nintendo's most popular racing IP with original characters.....in a racing game based on Nintendo's biggest property. Plus he'd push the roster into 50 and he fits with how MK8 leaned towards in-house Nintendo properties specifically for its guests

also a Pianta would be pretty cool
Captain Falcon is someone I really wanted to add but wasn't sure if they could adapt well into the Mario Kart artstyle similar to Link and my concept for Marth.
He does make a lot of sense doh, that is really true.

And I really considered adding a Pianta too, but I didn't want to overdo the new characters. Still a good suggestion.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Sephiroth isn't going to kill Aerith. He's gonna gode the party along the exact path as the original, but then when it gets to the part where Aerith is supposed to die, he just shows up and claps. Thanks to Nomura's destiny BS, he's gonna know that killing her is what ultimatley stops his ambitions. So he's just gonna not. There's gonna be a boss fight, and then some other force of destiny is gonna force things back on track. Aerith might live. She might not. This could also all somehow involve Zack, but I don't know how yet. Boom, a Sephiroth boss fight in all three installments per Square Enix corporate mandate.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

1 Mario
2 Luigi
3 Peach
4 Bowser
5 Toad
6 Koopa Troopa
7 Donkey Kong
8 Yoshi
9 Wario
10 Waluigi
11 Toadette
12 Birdo
13 Diddy Kong
14 Funky Kong
16 Rosalina
17 Petey Piranha
18 Shy Guy
19 King Boo
20 Lakitu
21 Wiggler
22 Link
23 Villager
24 Isabelle
25 Inkling
26 Baby Mario
27 Baby Luigi
28 Miis

Finally, the new guests.

Pretty cool. Not what I would do, but definetley a solid new installment.

D

Deleted member

Wademan94 Wademan94 sorry for the late reply, but I was writing my Mario Kart roster while you posted the reply.

I already posted how my Mario Kart roster would be somewhere on the last page of the thread, if you still want to check It out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom