• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I had a dream all the problems between my IRL friends were just a dispute over Dragon Ball stuff and we fixed that quickly so they could help me fight my IRL issues.

If only It was that easy...

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Dutch Raikuna Dutch Raikuna Not sure if you're into collecting figures and whatnot but I know that you really like Laid-Back Camp and Rin, so I just wanted to inform you that her Nendoroid is being re-released and it looks absolutely adorable.

It's beautiful! Unfortunately I don't collect figures but maybe one day.

Also today's the day! Season 2 is starting!

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I can't sleep. My mind is stuck on US politics and some of the horrible, violent things I've seen randos on the internet say today. I know staying up late stressing about it won't do anything to help when I should be getting sleep but man, I can't help it.

I wish I had more ability to focus on what's in front of me then worry about things entirely out of my control.

D

Deleted member

I wish I had more ability to focus on what's in front of me then worry about things entirely out of my control.
This is something I completely relate with.

I have that same exact problem and I can't think of ways to fight It back.

Doesn't help that I'm also overall stressed over a lot of current IRL issues I'm dealing with.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Turkey's reactions towards what's happening in the US right now is mostly gloating and "they get what they deserved", which is frankly disgusting.

Granted, I'm seeing the worst of the worst reactions (aka Twitter) but there must be something wrong with people if they genuinely think two wrongs are going to make a right.

D

Deleted member

Turkey's reactions towards what's happening in the US right now is mostly gloating and "they get what they deserved", which is frankly disgusting.

Granted, I'm seeing the worst of the worst reactions (aka Twitter) but there must be something wrong with people if they genuinely think two wrongs are going to make a right.
If people truly want this year to be better than 2020, they shouldn't be celebrating bad stuff happening to a country.

What people should do more than ever before is to try to make their day and the day of the people around them as better as they can with their limitations and try to outweight the bad with good things.

Of course it is really tough to achieve that with how things currently are, but It is thankfully still possible to be able to bring some bit of good into this world or at least the people around us.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
You rationalizing and also downplaying what I said is exactly part of the problem. Extremism is wrong. It doesn't matter what party you are.

So, you have two options now: either rebuild your mindset and do what you can to help bring your community together, or continue down this division-focused trap. Your call, ultimately.
Believe me Extremism is Wrong in General but you know who doesnt Know That MEDIA they listen to left Extremists (which is dumb/dangerous) while (luckily) hate on the Right ones
Both are Dangerous in Diffrent ways right Extremism is more Violent while Left Extremism is more Manipulative
every post you make seems to be more and more incoherent

I get that you’re not a native english speaker but man, it’s hard to understand what you’re saying
I mean no wonder i get more Desprate to Tell you that im not a Bad Person while a lot of you Misunderstand me
For Example you Thought i insulted you while im Talking about People that arent you

And please can we stop now Extremism is Bad (on both Sides) and America is unlucky right now

D

Deleted member

Currently downloading onto my PS4 all the games I got for Christmas.

Finished with Streets Of Rage 4 and Yakuza Like A Dragon so the only one left is Final Fantasy VII Remake.

It seems to be the most heavy Game, such so that It comes with two discs: one to install and one to play.

Considering that I finished Midgar really fast in original Final Fantasy VII, I do wonder how long this game will be with all the added stuff. They probably have made use of the concept of Midgard and tried to use all of It as well as possible.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul

Finished with Streets Of Rage 4 and Yakuza Like A Dragon so the only one left is Final Fantasy VII Remake.

It seems to be the most heavy Game, such so that It comes with two discs: one to install and one to play.

Considering that I finished Midgar really fast in original Final Fantasy VII, I do wonder how long this game will be with all the added stuff. They probably have made use of the concept of Midgard and tried to use all of It as well as possible.
From what I've heard, they stretched out what was originally a four hour segment in the original into a 35-40 hour game, but it does a lot to add to Midgar and doesn't just feel like padding.

D

Deleted member

From what I've heard, they stretched out what was originally a four hour segment in the original into a 35-40 hour game, but it does a lot to add to Midgar and doesn't just feel like padding.
That sounds really good then.

Probably a fun game to 100% complete.

Oracle Link

Smash Master

As far as i know FF7"remake" is mostly Filler and weird Kingdom Hearts type stuf but i heard Wall Market is decent!

D

Deleted member

What do you mean there’s a new, even more contagious covid-19 strain?
https://dailyvoice.com/new-york/mou...rus-now-has-been-found-in-fifth-state/800897/
As if 2021 couldn’t start off any worse...
If It is the same one as in the UK and Spain, experts have confirmed that the vaccine Will work well on It too.

All It means is that we need to be more cautious to not get infected so we don't pass It to people we really care about.

So, It is something we seriously should consider and think about, but at the same time we can't let panic and fear get on us.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Speaking of which, I heard there was this six year old who spent 16,000 dollars on his mother’s credit card on a mobile Sonic game. I feel bad for the mother.
What Sonic game possessed that child to drop that kind of money on it? Forces Speed Battle?!

D

Deleted member

When It comes to stories involving Young relatives or trusted people, the one experience I remember the most is when I was at the house of one of my IRL friends and his five years old adopted sisters were there spending the day.

My friend told me "yo, they brought their Switch Lite and It has Luigi's Mansion 3, wanna try the game out?".

So to the living room we went, and turned on the Switch Lite. What we saw will always stay in my mind.

Next to Luigi's Mansion 3, Pokémon Shield and Jumanji The Movie Game we saw genuiely a slot in the menu for freaking Bayonetta 2.
We almost bursted out laughing due to how surreal that seemed.

Just the image of those games directly developed with kids in mind, Next to a Game where you dismember people and there's a lot of horny jokes left us genuiely surprised.

osby

Smash Obsessed
When It comes to stories involving Young relatives or trusted people, the one experience I remember the most is when I was at the house of one of my IRL friends and his five years old adopted sisters were there spending the day.

My friend told me "yo, they brought their Switch Lite and It has Luigi's Mansion 3, wanna try the game out?".

So to the living room we went, and turned on the Switch Lite. What we saw will always stay in my mind.

Next to Luigi's Mansion 3, Pokémon Shield and Jumanji The Movie Game we saw genuiely a slot in the menu for freaking Bayonetta 2.

Just the image of those games directly developed with kids in mind, Next to a Game where you dismember people and there's a lot of horny jokes left us genuiely surprised.
Bayonetta is a perfectly family-friendly game fun for all ages, just ask your mom.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend

This is the same exact situation my cousins kid, he's six years old and when he got his Switch it had Team Sonic racing, Kirby star allies, Megaman 11 and Bayonetta.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
If I were doing a game based around elemental classes, would it make sense to have metal and tech be separate classes?
It kinda depends on what the rest of the elements are.

For example, do you have different elements for lava and fire or rock and ground?

D

Deleted member

If I were doing a game based around elemental classes, would it make sense to have metal and tech be separate classes?
Tech isn’t really a traditional “elemental” class but it can work if done right so it’s more of a personal choice IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Started this morning off watching bit of a walkthrough of the Final Fantasy VII Remake on my TV on YouTube.

Given Cloud's hairstyle matches Norbert's. I suddenly want to see crossover fanart of Norbert dressed as him along with Daggett as Barret Wallace especially given how they tend to bicker similar to how the beavers relationship is in the show. xD

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So a few things.

1. Shiny has passed me on the message that she hopes we are all doing well with what is going on.

2. Back to Rin for today.

3. Think I might try to make American style sausages today, like those patties you see.

There was a reason why one of the main quotes last night was "The world is watching." Certain countries like Russia and China are basically reacting as you mentioned "this is the flaw of democracy" while the key allies of the US like UK and France expressed disgust.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Pit vs Sephiroth

Winner Gets 2B...on the SB Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.