• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Ah, so this explains why Laid Back Camp is so good. From Wikipedia:

"Iyashikei (癒し系) is a genre specific to Japanese works, primarily manga and anime. It is a sub-genre of slice of life, portraying characters living out peaceful lives in calming environments, and is intended to have a healing effect on the audience."
The word iyashikei means "healing" in Japanese.

Non Non Biyori, My Neighbour Totoro, Girls Last Tour and of course, Nintendo's very own Animal Crossing counts. You learn something new everyday.

osby

Smash Obsessed
There was a reason why one of the main quotes last night was "The world is watching." Certain countries like Russia and China are basically reacting as you mentioned "this is the flaw of democracy" while the key allies of the US like UK and France expressed disgust.
It's wild how people can celebrate what's happening in DC while still calling themselves pro-democracy. Also, Turkey has been pretty anti-democratic itself for the past decade so it's really the pot calling the kettle black.

Like, sure, the US is not without rebuke but you're still supporting domestic terrorism at the end of the day. Rightfully hating how America treats other countries shouldn't be an excuse to celebrate insurrectionism.

D

Deleted member

Ah, so this explains why Laid Back Camp is so good. From Wikipedia:

"Iyashikei (癒し系) is a genre specific to Japanese works, primarily manga and anime. It is a sub-genre of slice of life, portraying characters living out peaceful lives in calming environments, and is intended to have a healing effect on the audience."
The word iyashikei means "healing" in Japanese.

Non Non Biyori, My Neighbour Totoro, Girls Last Tour and of course, Nintendo's very own Animal Crossing counts. You learn something new everyday.
tbh that sounds pretty dull. Not bad necessarily(I loved Animal Crossing) but to me stuff without any meaningful substance gets boring very quick.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
3. Think I might try to make American style sausages today, like those patties you see.
Good luck haha
When it comes to sausage, I'll occasionally have the links, but I can't remember the last time I ate an entire sausage patty. They're popular, especially in Pennsylvania Dutch territory, but they've never been my thing personally. I hope you like 'em.

D

Deleted member

Screenshot 2021-01-07 at 9.41.01 AM.png

I’m thinking I probably shoulda preordered some of the Digimon stuff while it was still within a reasonable price range -_-

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Started this morning off watching bit of a walkthrough of the Final Fantasy VII Remake on my TV on YouTube.

Given Cloud's hairstyle matches Norbert's. I suddenly want to see crossover fanart of Norbert dressed as him along with Daggett as Barret Wallace especially given how they tend to bicker similar to how the beavers relationship is in the show. xD
Clouds Orignal Hair was better! just more livley!

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
Yes. Water, Electric, Earth, Air, Fire, Ice, Life, Undead, Magic, Tech, Light, and Dark. Oh and Aether/Quintessence.
In my personal universe, I have both a metal-type and an electric-type, and anyone who's technology-based would just get both types. But depending on your rules, you might just want to keep tech as its own thing.

Dutch Raikuna

So just watched the first episode of Laid Back Season 2.

Yep it was so, so worth the wait and I feel warm and fuzzy inside. If it wasn't for where I live and a few other things, I would love to go camping when the pandemic is over.

I would probably need to get a driver's license and a car though to transport all that stuff though. Damn reality ruining my imagination.

tbh that sounds pretty dull. Not bad necessarily(I loved Animal Crossing) but to me stuff without any meaningful substance gets boring very quick.
To each their own I suppose, some people aren't a fan of the slow stuff.

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
It's not my cup of tea but I can see the appeal.

Laid-Back Camp is a pretty fun show, and I used to be big on Animal Crossing back during the DS and Wii days. Sometimes you just need something a little "safe" and slower paced to unwind with.

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

It's not my cup of tea but I can see the appeal.

Laid-Back Camp is a pretty fun show, and I used to be big on Animal Crossing back during the DS and Wii days.
Pretty much right there, my friend hits the nail on the head.

Couldn't really get into Animal Crossing but I see the appeal plus I wanted it to get GOTY. Shows like Laid Back Camp and Non Non Biyori are just made to give a bit of positivity and honestly, made me wish I kinda had different interests and stuff growing up.
So it resonates with me more than over the top action.

D

Deleted member

I can’t seem to logon to my bank account and now I’m obv pretty worried now because nothing seems to be working

D

Deleted member

So I got my Switch Pro Controller hooked up yo my PC.

Registers as an X-Box 360 controller.

Ok
The pro controller works just fine on my Windows 10 computer(although really only for stuff like Steam that explicitly supports it)

what OS are you running?

D

Deleted member

Hey everyone.

So Next week may be important for me, as I decided after talking It out with my classmates for the group project that I will be to presential college classes Next week in order to take part on the group presentation.
And the big main problem I have right now is strongly related to college, so It is important to keep myself focused on everything happening next week and also work in general.

If something goes wrong I also don't want to pull another Game Awards 2018 where my depression and anxiety overcome my mind and make me act towards people here who try to help me in ways I'm not proud of.

Because of all that, I have thought about It and decided that starting tomorrow I will expand my limited use of the internet beyond Discord and stay offline from this site too as a way to make sure I put all the right focus on my bigger problems right now to fix them and without having to be a problem for the people here who I care about.

Hopefully when I do start posting again, I come here with really great news... And if luck is on my side with my Big main problem solved too.

One last thank you to this thread for all the kinds of support they have given me, and hopefully the coming days improve for all of you too.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Give me Alphamon and I’ll be content
View attachment 298561
We'd get Agumon with an Omnimon cameo in his final smash since Agumon is the mascot.

At most we'd get Alphamon as the legendary spirit.

I would hope that in this hypothetical situation we'd get a mix of human characters are their Digimon partners as spirits, like Ryuji, Arata, Mameo and Ryo.

D

Deleted member

We'd get Agumon with an Omnimon cameo in his final smash since Agumon is the mascot.

At most we'd get Alphamon as the legendary spirit.

I would hope that in this hypothetical situation we'd get a mix of human characters are their Digimon partners as spirits, like Ryuji, Arata, Mameo and Ryo.
1) what the actual **** is that profile pic

2)I just posted this in the spec thread but I could see them trying to appease everyone by just going ham on the idea of a character that had dozens of “forme”(or this case evo lines)

That would be the best case scenario, but that would be a nightmare to code so I imagine we would only get a single, probably Ultimate or higher Digimon with no gimmicks

Even then I feel Alphamon is just iconic enough to have a chance of being considered over Agumon.
Like, Cyber Sleuth gave him just a bit more screen time than the literal Agumon and Gabumon that the female dutagonist has(granted considering the scenario they put him in that was kinda a given)
That’s not even talking about the movie he debuted in, the numerous games he appeared in afterwards(seriously just look at his page, he’s like in every digimon game made after X evolution) and him being the leader of the Royal Knights means he is the most recognizable, except to Omegamon who is only more recognizable because he’s appeared in more media overall.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
page 616...so...when do we all become Avengers?

well not me...cause **** y'all I'm gonna be Spider-Man

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
1) what the actual **** is that profile pic

2)I just posted this in the spec thread but I could see them trying to appease everyone by just going ham on the idea of a character that had dozens of “forme”(or this case evo lines)

That would be the best case scenario, but that would be a nightmare to code so I imagine we would only get a single, probably Ultimate or higher Digimon with no gimmicks

Even then I feel Alphamon is just iconic enough to have a chance of being considered over Agumon.
Like, Cyber Sleuth gave him just a bit more screen time than the literal Agumon and Gabumon that the female dutagonist has(granted considering the scenario they put him in that was kinda a given)
That’s not even talking about the movie he debuted in, the numerous games he appeared in afterwards(seriously just look at his page, he’s like in every digimon game made after X evolution) and him being the leader of the Royal Knights means he is the most recognizable, except to Omegamon who is only more recognizable because he’s appeared in more media overall.
Well Alphamon in the lore is like the rival character for Omnimon, so it kinda makes sense for him to be one of the spirits.

What would a Digimon stage be? I'm thinking File island from the first Digimon world game. i think this makes the most sense.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Whoops!

Dang, I wonder how long this'll be up before Nintendo DMCAs Nintendo. I mean, whether or not I agree with it, Nintendo has the right to protect their IP however they see fit, so if this Nintendo person here is using Nintendo's IP without permission, Nintendo has every right to take them down if they see it as a threat to Nintendo's business. I mean, if Nintendo let Nintendo use Nintendo's IP without permission, then what would stop say...Nintendo from using Nintendo IPs without credit or permission?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Well Alphamon in the lore is like the rival character for Omnimon, so it kinda makes sense for him to be one of the spirits.

What would a Digimon stage be? I'm thinking File island from the first Digimon world game. i think this makes the most sense.
A big issue with getting a Digimon stage is that most of the iconic places are just places in Japan so there’s not really a whole lot you can do, unless you just take content from one game.

Would love to see something like the Western Area from DMO but considering the state of that game I doubt they would even touch anything from it

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Hurrah for headaches/migraines.

What happens when you're suffering from your damn compulsive thoughts and anxiety/stress...-_-

D

Deleted member

Dang, I wonder how long this'll be up before Nintendo DMCAs Nintendo. I mean, whether or not I agree with it, Nintendo has the right to protect their IP however they see fit, so if this Nintendo person here is using Nintendo's IP without permission, Nintendo has every right to take them down if they see it as a threat to Nintendo's business. I mean, if Nintendo let Nintendo use Nintendo's IP without permission, then what would stop say...Nintendo from using Nintendo IPs without credit or permission?
Nintendo DMCA’ing themselves be like
A89878A1-A486-42F1-B97A-A5C3F71C6F42.png

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
we should all eat nothing but corn for a whole ass singular plate of food

Status