• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Which one?

And I'm surprised you got him that fast considering he's a DNA Digivolution, that usually takes a while.
I posted it yesterday but I got Omegamon too

As for how I did it so fast... well I didn’t.
it took around 3-5 hours of grinding per Digimon, which took place while I was asleep :yeahboi:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
I was enjoying rereading One Piece and then I got to skypiea and I've been dragging getting through it
Skypiea is a bit of a slog I will admit that, but the arc afterword's, Is tied for my favorite arc in the series.

--------
My top 5 games for 2020 is

5: Final Fantasy 7 Remake
4: Persona 5 Royal
3: Animal Crossing: New Horizons
2: Hades
1: Doom Eternal

D

Deleted member

I hate how the only stage I’ve died on so far in Hyrule Warriors AOC is those damn Great Fairy missions although that may have partly been because I was using two handed weapons which can occasionally screw you over(if you get hit at all while you have hearts you can restore you just lose the ability to restore them at all which is annoying af when you can’t find any apples)

D

Deleted member

I'm the only person online in the thread.

Time to say Metroid Prime 3 was the best Metroid Prime title due to the inmerssion and world-building.

Hopefully Prime 4 brings up a lot of the mechanics that Game had while adding cool new ones.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Yeah I'll switch to Kobayashi-san from Dragon Maid this week. I was switch to Persona or even car themed but I'll make something from the latter for my business stuff instead of that Mirror's Edge pic.

Also redownloading Red Dead 2 and Spider Man PS4 again so no Persona 5 Royal for tonight in case the PS4 bottles itself again. Means I can do some long overdue paperwork at least though.

Feel like asking a game related question here but don't know what.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
So, what was the worst meme of 2020?

Imo, Baka Mitai.
sans hey calm down.jpg
Are you saying that because of those uncanny facemorph videos or somethin'? 'cuz while I can't think of a specific memes that like ultra horrible in 2020, I wouldn't put that song anywhere the worst. (Tho I didn't watch many of those videos due how creepy some looked, so maybe I dodget the bullet or somethin')

Dutch Raikuna

So, what was the worst meme of 2020?

Imo, Baka Mitai.
Clearly this is someone who has not played Yakuza 0 and experienced the glory of trying to get a perfect score on one of the greatest songs known to mankind.

Dame da ne. Can you not hear the gloriousness of those vocals!?

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

This was my favourite meme of 2020 probably back when the virus started.

3dc.jpg

Panic buying was the funniest yet saddest thing I saw and it was even over here in Ireland.

People were buying at least five packs of toilet paper, enough tinned food to feed a third world country and all that with at least 15 people in the queue doing the same thing.

I was just buying chocolate milk cause it was 50% off that week. Felt like I was smarter than most people.

Everyone in the queue: "We're all gonna die!"
Me: "Litre of Chocolate Milk for £1. This is gonna be a good night with this and anime."

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

This was my favourite meme of 2020 probably.

View attachment 297975

Panic buying was the funniest yet saddest thing I saw.

People were buying at least five packs of toilet paper, enough tinned food to feed a third world country and all that with at least 15 people in the queue doing the same thing.

I was just buying chocolate milk cause it was 50% off that week. Felt like I was smarter than most people.
Meanwhile I spent the whole quarantine without having to buy any paper since we had enough even before everything started.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I hate how the only stage I’ve died on so far in Hyrule Warriors AOC is those damn Great Fairy missions although that may have partly been because I was using two handed weapons which can occasionally screw you over(if you get hit at all while you have hearts you can restore you just lose the ability to restore them at all which is annoying af when you can’t find any apples)
I gotta get to work on those missions now that I beat the story

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
View attachment 297974
Are you saying that because of those uncanny facemorph videos or somethin'? 'cuz while I can't think of a specific memes that like ultra horrible in 2020, I wouldn't put that song anywhere the worst. (Tho I didn't watch many of those videos due how creepy some looked, so maybe I dodget the bullet or somethin')
View attachment 297976

One does not simply diss Baka Mitai.

If it's the deepfake stuff, then I understand, but if it's the song itself...I mean, it's Baka Mitai.
The song was fine, but the deepfakes were just unfunny.

D

Deleted member

Why tf am I watching Vtubers?

First Korone now Gura?

When’s the last time I’ve been outside?
I fell into the v-tuber hole after I saw two of them playing Minecraft, Mario Sunshine and Mario Odyssey.

Thankfully I slowly started to watch less V-tubers videos, and now I barely see one in weeks.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
The song was fine, but the deepfakes were just unfunny.
Ahhhh, now that's a big difference.

Yeh, I can understand finding the deepfakes annoying after awhile, tho idk if I call it personally the worst memes of 2020. Guess I have to do research to find out.....maybe.

Dutch Raikuna

Favorite 2020 meme? no question it’s
View attachment 297977
okay it didn’t originate in 2020 but I loved it
Off topic, if there was one thing that annoyed me so much about lockdown to the point where I gave up on college, it was that.
My teachers were dumb on not agreeing to use Zoom and for stuff like no universal system I'm not going back to education until this pandemic is fully buried cause I can't cope with the stupidity of stuff like that again.

On the bright side, I ended up staying up very late talking to you guys, watching anime and being on double the daily caffeine amount to try to work so that was fun.

And that was when I realised the power of friends.......or something like that.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Least favorite meme is definitely that iceberg stuff, simply because it floods Youtube and I'm sick of seeing it in my recommendations. Also the crappy "Nobody:" meme. I don't know if it's from 2020, but man, it's just annoying and next to never adds anything to the actual joke.

Not sure about a favorite meme though.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
"Wait a second. Before we attack each other over whether vtubers are cursed or not, let's just watch a clip first and see how it is. It might not even be worth the trouble.

"Alright."

opens literally any Korone video

"Okay, it's worth it."

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Ahhhh, now that's a big difference.

Yeh, I can understand finding the deepfakes annoying after awhile, tho idk if I call it personally the worst memes of 2020. Guess I have to do research to find out.....maybe.
It was hard picking one tbh, Among Us Drip got really ****ing annoying and I almost said that becauss recency bias. My Little Pogchamp was up there too, so um...

I guess Eekum Bokum was the best that I can think of? Still wasn't funny though, so uh...

Am I becoming an old man?

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Coming from someone who had Among Us in their top 3 games last year...

Seeing "SUS" used all over the place is getting old, mainly because it's not even being used in the right context anymore. Like, I still enjoy it within the game itself and when it's used properly, but IMHO just simply saying "[INSERT PERSON OR THING HERE] is SUS" randomly isn't very funny to me.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
It was hard picking one tbh, Among Us Drip got really ****ing annoying and I almost said that becauss recency bias. My Little Pogchamp was up there too, so um...

I guess Eekum Bokum was the best that I can think of? Still wasn't funny though, so uh...

Am I becoming an old man?
A old potato more like. Also Eekum Bokum make me feel happy, I don't care about the memes that came out of it, the OG video is priceless.

I say that, the most annoying trend for me was Fall Guys. Mostly because despite how peoples were praising it left & right, I always saw it as a fad that most peoples will let die once the hype went away. I don't know why I felt that way, but I just didn't felt much toward the game, and you know what, I was right....REALLY right about it.

It's not like I wish games to die when they get popular tho (otherwise I never be a Undertale fan :p ), heck, despite getting quite annoying now those days, I'm quite happy Among Us as become such a success for the devs that made it (tho they really need to be careful about their fanbase & the updates they release), but idk, something about Fall Guys popularity just rubbed me the wrong way, and if it ever come back, I hope it be able "Wow" me & get back some of the success it got.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Coming from someone who had Among Us in their top 3 games last year...

Seeing "SUS" used all over the place is getting old, mainly because it's not even being used in the right context anymore. Like, I still enjoy it within the game itself and when it's used properly, but IMHO just simply saying "[INSERT PERSON OR THING HERE] is SUS" randomly isn't very funny to me.

Peetah! Are you the Impastah?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom