• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Currently grinding to get an Alphamon... man I was expecting this to be slighly harder but I didn't realize you don't actually have to get the digimon to max lvl before you can digivolve it until just now after I got clobbered by that one rock and roll guy

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
My brother just bought me my "Dia de los Reyes" present.

He won't tell me what it is until the actual day, all he told me is that it's a PS4 game that i wanted but neglected to get just like Ghost of tsushima, which narrows it down to like, FF7R, Yakuza 7 or Persona 5 Royal. Unless it's not a 2020 release at all.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I feel like Doom Slayer would be better in Mortal Kombat as a guest character instead of Smash.
(Way too violent and very gory.)
Characters have been toned down for Smash (take Gray Fox and Bayonetta, for example), and characters can be brutal without jumping straight to gore. (for examples in Smash, Ridley or Ganondorf; for examples outside of Smash, Scorpion and Sub-Zero in the Injustice games)

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
2021-2022 will probably be the biggest years for Harley Quinn to make herself a top tier name (instead of being the 4th Pillar of DC like she is now)

• Harley Quinn season 3
  • The Suicide Squad
  • Promotion to being in the Bat Family
  • Official hero promotion as well
  • Suicide Squad game
  • More comic series with her as a main character
  • maybe Injustice 3 or another Lego DC game if possible

yep...may as well become the 3rd biggest star in DC and the most popular female hero in comics now...or at least in the top 3...

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
This is probably because I'm really feverish and not all here right now but I've been thinking about turtles a lot. They aren't the prettiest, or the cutest, or the friendliest creatures in the animal kingdom but man

They're just good mobile home bois.

It's too bad about the whole Salmonella thing.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Characters have been toned down for Smash (take Gray Fox and Bayonetta, for example), and characters can be brutal without jumping straight to gore. (for examples in Smash, Ridley or Ganondorf; for examples outside of Smash, Scorpion and Sub-Zero in the Injustice games)
Heck Sephiroth killed countless people in cold blood but he got in okay lol

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
This is probably because I'm really feverish and not all here right now but I've been thinking about turtles a lot. They aren't the prettiest, or the cutest, or the friendliest creatures in the animal kingdom but man

HOW DARE YOU SAY TURTLES AREN'T CUTE!?!

k maybe not so cute if a snapper bites your hand off so i'll give you the unfriendly part but STILL!!

And just look at those colours and patterns and tell me they ain't pretty!

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
HOW DARE YOU SAY TURTLES AREN'T CUTE!?!

k maybe not so cute if a snapper bites your hand off so i'll give you the unfriendly part but STILL!!

And just look at those colours and patterns and tell me they ain't pretty!
Hey I said not the cutest. They're cute in their own turtle-y way but they're just not like, puppy dog levels of cute or parrot levels of pretty.

But there's just something about turtles you've just got to love anyway.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
It just hit me that Togepi could be a Jigglypuff Echo Fighter. The only one of the specials that Togepi can not learn is Sing, but Sing can be triggered by Metronome in Togepi's Brawl appearance, so just... use Metronome instead. It could even feasibly use the same animation. Togepi can be Jigglypuff but without the floating/puffing and gaining the powerful Metronome tool in it's place.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
It just hit me that Togepi could be a Jigglypuff Echo Fighter. The only one of the specials that Togepi can not learn is Sing, but Sing can be triggered by Metronome in Togepi's Brawl appearance, so just... use Metronome instead. It could even feasibly use the same animation. Togepi can be Jigglypuff but without the floating/puffing and gaining the powerful Metronome tool in it's place.
Interesting, I do like thinking of outside the box echoes, one of the reasons I’m rooting for Lakitu as an echo for :ultbowserjr:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

Ya want turtles?

I got a turtle for ya!

There's no turtle that is like Gamera!

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Playing FF7, and suddenly Gaster’s Theme starts playing 👀

Apparently the music is called “Who are you?” I wonder if that’s why Gaster, the mystery man, has the same melody...

...although, I’ve seen people say it’s a common note pattern in response to others saying Gaster’s Theme is in Song That Might Play When You Fight Sans, so idk ¯\(ツ)/¯

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Zachmac. If you're so obsessed with turtles. You gotta watch the Heisei Gamera Trilogy.

Some of the best kaiju films made up there with Godzilla (1954).

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Zachmac. If you're so obsessed with turtles. You gotta watch the Heisei Gamera Trilogy.

Some of the best kaiju films made up there with Godzilla (1954).
I probably ought to watch more kaiju films un general. They seem like they'd be right up my alley if I would just get around to checking some out.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
WHAT THE **** DO WE TALK ABOUT FOR TUESDAY?

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
The same thing we talk about every Tuesday, Pinky.

Trying to take over the world.
They're Pinky and The Brain
Yes, Pinky and The Brain
One is a genius
The other's insane.
They're laboratory mice
Their genes have been spliced
They're dinky
They're Pinky and The Brain, Brain, Brain, Brain
Brain, Brain, Brain, Brain
Brain.

Before each night is done
Their plan will be unfurled
By the dawning of the sun
They'll take over the world.

They're Pinky and The Brain
Yes, Pinky and The Brain
Their twilight campaign
Is easy to explain.
To prove their mousey worth

They'll overthrow the Earth
They're dinky
They're Pinky and The Brain, Brain, Brain, Brain
Brain, Brain, Brain, Brain--

Narf!

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Finally got :ultmewtwo: into Elite Smash.

It's funny. Mewteo was my most wanted in Smash 4 amd, since the day of his release, was my co-main along :4charizard:, even back before his buffs. Then Ultimate came along and Mewtwo just didn't feel right to me anymore.

Then while playing Ivysaur recently, I kind of had a small break through in zoning/neutral philosophy and I wanted to try and expirement with a dedicated zoner. So I decided to give an old favorite a try and after an hour or two of grinding amd expirimentation, Mewtwo made sense to me again.

I'm still kind of sloppy with him and will need a lot more practice before I can call myself a Mewtwo expert or anything, but I do think being able to pick him back up in a single day has shown how I've improved at this game.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
This is interesting and makes sense.

Sans kinda confuses me with this theory taken into account, since he seemingly brought Grillby’s with him and Papyrus, making it seem like it’s not exactly a prequel to their life in Undertale’s world like the theory suggests, but idk; definitely not a sequel, though, just the stuff Toby said. Maybe they actually had access to both worlds the whole time, and whatever happened caused them to be unable to visit Deltarune again? Or maybe it’s just silly stuff from Toby/maybe Grillby’s was an empty location in Deltarune before Sans came and turned it into his store, idk.

Probably just an easy to explain thing; still it makes sense and is a good theory :) I wonder if Gaster is trying to find a way to come back with his pieces all together 🤔 The event before Chapter 1’s release certainly makes it seem he’ll be more involved in this game...
Huh, ya know, kinda forgot about Sans's Grillby, definitly throw a wrench in this theory, at least, until we get more info. (If we see a younger Papyrus in Deltarune, then it's very likely a prequel for the skeleton duo)

For Gaster, the way the voice talk in the character maker (also know in the game file as Goner Maker) sequence is definitly Gaster. Heck, his leitmotif AKA Gaster Theme is used in various song in the game, the sound in Entry 17 is heard when you try to use the phone in the Dark World, and the weird sound you hear close to the bunker in the Light World is also the weird static you hear in Entry 17, it's just very slow down.

Here's a video to show what i'm talking about:

Gaster is definitly very involve in this game and whatever hidden goal he may have, he probably need to comeback in one piece to achieve them.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Aurane Aurane , @Hat N' Clogs , TheCJBrine TheCJBrine and anyone else who is a fan of Undertale/Deltarune.

I like to share to you all a bunch of theory that I found on reddit that I find VERY, VERY INTERESTING and really well made so far.

Note it's a multipart theory, where 2 new part are revealed each day, so if you like what you're seeing, I suggest to keep a eye on this reddit user (think he posted part 3 & 4 like 5 minutes ago, in case you're curious). Make sure to share those theories too to folks you know, that guy deserve more attention than he is getting atm.

BUT ENOUGH TALK, HAVE AT YOU?!

My Revised Deltarune Theory Pt. 1: Light and Dark

My Revised Deltarune Theory Pt. 2: The Fate of the World

My Revised Deltarune Theory Pt. 3: Sans' (and Papyrus') Origins

My Revised Deltarune Theory Pt. 4: Gaster's Origins
These are some damn good theories

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom