• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Sometimes I just feel like something is wrong with me. I have intrusive thoughts about if life is meaningless, I keep muttering/repeating things to myself, I keep looking back on previous events and thinking about what I could have done differently, I forget things constantly, etc. I dunno, maybe I’m just being sensitive. Sorry I should probably stop spouting random crap.
We all get those moments of nihilism. There is no real certainty, except for the purpose and meaning you make for yourself.

We are all climbing that mountain, all you have to do is keep moving forward focusing on what's in front of you and occasionally check to see if you're going up the mountain rather than down.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
D

Deleted member

It’s only that way if you choose to see it that way.

It could also be a signal that, for whatever reason, the world sees fit to throw **** at you. And that you’re strong enough to rise above it.

I won’t say what, but I’ve had some real ** tossed at me these past few years. The kinda stuff that makes you feel like your life is a joke that you’re not in on. And yeah, I get sad about it. But mostly? I get pissed. I get pissed that the world wants to put me down, and I get determined to rise above it even harder. Just so I can tell the things bothering me to ** off. That’s what you need to do to. Find the strength within yourself to rise above your problems and tell them to **** off.

I know you can.
JD, we've been over this again and again. Your predicaments as of late aren't a means of karma punishing you for whatever you've done in the past, it's just life lol. Life doesn't always play fair...but that's why you gotta find the strength to fight back when life is trying to put you down and overcome your struggles. And no matter how down and helpless you may feel, there's always someone out there in the world who has it way worse than you do...but they don't all give up.

Fight, JD. Prove to the world that you aren't going to put up with its bull**** and stop feeling like everything is against you, because it isn't.
You may think you don't deserve anything, but lots of peoples like me & others here want you the best. You made mistakes, sure, but everyone here made some more or less big mistakes in their life, and that's fine, as long you just try to do better, that's all is needed, you don't need to be a savior to make up for the **** you did. You just need to believe that you can do it.
Ok, yeah.

Maybe anxiety is making me go too down with all the things going on.

I don't exactly know what to do, but I do need to stop letting anxiety make me fear everyone around me.

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
That’s some mighty fine pixelart.

I’m gonna have to get good at pixelart myself, for my game.
Oh yeah, it’s great. The person who did the world map pixel art is actually a sprite artist for Freedom Planet 2. Haven’t seen their work in it yet, though.

Also I can’t wait to hear more about that game. I’ve been working on my own as well, actually. We should chat about our ideas sometime.

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Ok, yeah.

I don't exactly know what to do, but I do need to stop letting anxiety make me fear everyone around me.
I’m not exactly the best at advice, but I do second what the folks her said. Take this at your own pace, you can’t solve every problem at once.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Also I can’t wait to hear more about that game.
I’m in the planning phases right now. I don’t wanna pay monthly for game maker while I’m still figuring out the plot, Y’know? Maybe in a few months I’ll have something to show.

I’ve been working on my own as well, actually.
9F46B4B5-97CD-4546-82C8-0CF3ECAE3F11.png

Interesting

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Ok, yeah.

2020 as been a horrible year all around, so it's not hard to feel anxious.

The internet, especially the longer you stay on it, can make you lose who you're truly are, as thousand of peoples look at you from different persectives, or even what others say about you, which you can't always control unfortunaly.

What i'm saying is, it's ok to feel scared, it's a natural emotions alongside sadness, anger, happiness, etc...

But you don't have to let yourself controlled by your fears, as long you live on, you can always fight back & do better.

You may never solve some errors you made, but as long you take your time & try to fix what you can and make others, who may also feel ba, about themselves for 1 reason or the other, feel welcome and better in some way, by doing silly little things , like sharing a funny image you found or show them a cool game you think they would love....then it's OK to be you, flaws & all, you may not be the best, but you aren't a monster either, you just got to try & see.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

When it comes to more touchy subjects like the existence of life I prefer to just not dwell on it too much. It's an inevitability I'll "learn" of its meaning anyway, but that's a topic for another day.

Everyone has problems and doubts and struggles... but sometimes you just gotta ignore them and push forward if you want to keep on going. Stand up for yourselves, yknow?

Last edited by a moderator:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Rate my Smash Future
Fighter Pass 2
  • Fighter Pack 9: Monster Hunter series
    • Fighter: Monster Hunter
    • Stage: Ancestral Steppe
    • Monster Hunter series Spirits and Music
  • Fighter Pack 10: Crash series
    • Fighter: Crash Bandicoot
    • Stage: N. Sanity Beach
    • Crash series Spirits and Music
  • Fighter Pack 11: Tales series
    • Fighter: Lloyd Irving
    • Stage: Luin
    • Tales series Spirits and Music
Bonus
  • Standalone Fighter: Geno
  • Standalone Fighter: Ganon
  • Standalone Fighter: Dr. Eggman
  • Standalone Stage: Pac-Maze Championship Edition
  • Standalone Stage: Tetris
  • Fighter Pack 12: DragonBall series
    • Fighter: Son Goku
    • Stage: Planet Namek
    • DragonBall series Spirits and Music
Echo Fighters
  • Diddy Kong: Dixie Kong
  • Shiek: Impa
  • Pikachu: Raichu
  • Ness/Lucas: Ninten
  • Captain Falcon: Black Shadow
  • Palutena: Medusa
  • Inkling: Octoling
  • Pac-Man: Ms. Pac-Man
only things I liked were Crash, Eggman, Impa, and Octolings

having 12 DLC charactersin total is enough unless Sakurai is crazy as **** enough to attempt hitting 100 non-alts characters
Apparently I read a spoiler regarding Wonder Woman 1984. Its pretty ****** up. Be warned.

Steve Trevor comes back to life due to Wonder Woman wishing on this stone and his soul or something taking over this innocent guys body.

Afterward, they pretty much have sex.

That's basically *. Date * to be precise because Steve's soul has taken over that poor guys body against his own will. Using his body, violating it all because Wonder Woman wanted the love of her life back. ******* selfish.

If that's not the worst thing.

The stone is supposed to be an evil Monkey Paw who gives your wish but with detail to keep you from enjoying it, Steve being back but in a random innocent's body is supposed to make Diana feel bad.

However, this fails HARD because Diana doesn't give a single ****, is openly desiring for Steve to permanently taking over the guy's body even if it means the original inhabitant will effectively erase from existence.

In fact, the ONLY reason Diana relents is that the wish is also making her weaker and she needs to prevent an imminent nuclear apocalypse from happening which requires all wishes to be undone by stopping Max Lord, so it's only the fate of the entire world that makes her give up on her intended murder to keep her love interest.

There goes my interest in this movie.

What the **** DCEU!? What made you think this was a good idea?

Like they couldn't have come up with some better magical bull****? No wonder it has such a low score on IMDB and RottenTomatoes.
actually...
Diana only relents her wish because Steve told her to. She already knew she was getting weaker due to the fights she was having...even had a struggle breaking into a garage with a lock on it...Steve had to make her sacrifice what she wanted most in order to save the world. Sure it's selfish, but it also isn't unsurprising as many heroes have been through similar things...OMD aside cause that's soon to ****ing rot in hell thanks to Nick Spencer and Kevin Feige YAYAYAYAYAYAYAY
I still loved watching the movie tho, and can't wait for Wonder Woman 3...but Birds of Prey and Shazam are probably my favorites in the DCEU rn

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
...I hope I didn't overdo do it.
worried.png

I'm admittely not the best with serious subject like this, but I hope I didn't say anything wrong or weird.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I’m gonna have to get good at pixelart myself, for my game.
I still need to actually figure out what the actual **** I want my game to be lol

Story-driven 16 bit game, multiplayer driven CCG inspired game, 3d open world game, I just can't decide :217:

let alone actually doing it. Considering my lazy ass I would be amazed if I even get a working demo going

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
I still need to actually figure out what the actual **** I want my game to be lol

Story-driven 16 bit game, multiplayer driven CCG inspired game, 3d open world game, I just can't decide :217:

let alone actually doing it. Considering my lazy ass I would be amazed if I even get a working demo going
What ideas have you got down?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I wonder if whatever happens in the DC Comics mixed with movie reception within the DCEU will have any major affects on specifically Diana and Harley over who ends up becoming the top female in the company

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
actually...
Diana only relents her wish because Steve told her to. She already knew she was getting weaker due to the fights she was having...even had a struggle breaking into a garage with a lock on it...Steve had to make her sacrifice what she wanted most in order to save the world. Sure it's selfish, but it also isn't unsurprising as many heroes have been through similar things...OMD aside cause that's soon to ****ing rot in hell thanks to Nick Spencer and Kevin Feige YAYAYAYAYAYAYAY
I still loved watching the movie tho, and can't wait for Wonder Woman 3...but Birds of Prey and Shazam are probably my favorites in the DCEU rn
Even then its still pretty ****** up she literally ***** and violated that poor guy whose body was taken over by Steve. That's still the ****** up thing about this.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
That's why I'm always afraid to chime in during talks like this.
Same, but hey, sometime, you gotta jump in the pool head first.

Btw, was refering to this post before
2020 as been a horrible year all around, so it's not hard to feel anxious.

The internet, especially the longer you stay on it, can make you lose who you're truly are, as thousand of peoples look at you from different persectives, or even what others say about you, which you can't always control unfortunaly.

What i'm saying is, it's ok to feel scared, it's a natural emotions alongside sadness, anger, happiness, etc...

But you don't have to let yourself controlled by your fears, as long you live on, you can always fight back & do better.

You may never solve some errors you made, but as long you take your time & try to fix what you can and make others, who may also feel ba, about themselves for 1 reason or the other, feel welcome and better in some way, by doing silly little things , like sharing a funny image you found or show them a cool game you think they would love....then it's OK to be you, flaws & all, you may not be the best, but you aren't a monster either, you just got to try & see.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Even then its still pretty ****** up she literally ***** and violated that poor guy whose body was taken over by Steve. That's still the ****** up thing about this.
ok yes, but if it makes you question things more...
weird thing is that isn't even the worst wish made...one of which flats out has someone wish someone died instantly. But that aside, the **** realization isn't something that seems to have been noticed until now at the least

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I’m in the planning phases right now. I don’t wanna pay monthly for game maker while I’m still figuring out the plot, Y’know? Maybe in a few months I’ll have something to show.

View attachment 297542
Interesting
It's still rather early into development, but I'll show ya a bit of what we got.
1609183861306.png

1609183890609.png

We've also begun working on a bit of music for the game, though it isn't quite ready to be shown yet.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
When it comes to more touchy subjects like the existence of life I prefer to just not dwell on it too much. It's an inevitability I'll "learn" of its meaning anyway, but that's a topic for another day.

Everyone has problems and doubts and struggles... but sometimes you just gotta ignore them and push forward if you want to keep on going. Stand up for yourselves, yknow?
I don't think 'ignore' would be the most appropriate word. Ignoring certain problems and issues is actually rather unhealthy.

TimeJ

Smash Cadet
I haven't been here in awhile, but I thought of something interesting I felt like sharing.

Do you guys think they'll make amiibo for Steve's alts right off the bat? Other character's alts, like Hero, have both different models and poses. I imagine that makes developing amiibo for the alts harder. Steve on the other hand, has both the same model and pose. The only thing different are the skins and the size of Enderman's limbs. I obviously know nothing about mass producing figures, but surely when compared to Hero's alts, Alex, Zombie, and Enderman would be simpler. Oh, I also heard Minecraft might just be a tiny bit popular or something :p

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
On my last disc of Angry Beavers.

Sad its coming to an end. Then again I just might start watching the entire series once a year.

But on the other hand I'll be re-watching another nostalgic classic of mine that I own on disc.

Godzilla: The Series.

D

Deleted member

I don't think 'ignore' would be the most appropriate word. Ignoring certain problems and issues is actually rather unhealthy.
yeah, probably not. Was a bit of a slipup on my end. What I was trying to say was along the lines of “don’t let your troubles hold you back”

Last edited by a moderator:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Aurane Aurane , Hat N' Clogs Hat N' Clogs , TheCJBrine TheCJBrine and anyone else who is a fan of Undertale/Deltarune.

I like to share to you all a bunch of theory that I found on reddit that I find VERY, VERY INTERESTING and really well made so far.

Note it's a multipart theory, where 2 new part are revealed each day, so if you like what you're seeing, I suggest to keep a eye on this reddit user (think he posted part 3 & 4 like 5 minutes ago, in case you're curious). Make sure to share those theories too to folks you know, that guy deserve more attention than he is getting atm.

BUT ENOUGH TALK, HAVE AT YOU?!

My Revised Deltarune Theory Pt. 1: Light and Dark

My Revised Deltarune Theory Pt. 2: The Fate of the World

My Revised Deltarune Theory Pt. 3: Sans' (and Papyrus') Origins

My Revised Deltarune Theory Pt. 4: Gaster's Origins

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Aurane Aurane , Hat N' Clogs Hat N' Clogs , TheCJBrine TheCJBrine and anyone else who is a fan of Undertale/Deltarune.

I like to share to you all a bunch of theory that I found on reddit that I find VERY, VERY INTERESTING and really well made so far.

Note it's a multipart theory, where 2 new part are revealed each day, so if you like what you're seeing, I suggest to keep a eye on this reddit user (think he posted part 3 & 4 like 5 minutes ago, in case you're curious). Make sure to share those theories too to folks you know, that guy deserve more attention than he is getting atm.

BUT ENOUGH TALK, HAVE AT YOU?!

My Revised Deltarune Theory Pt. 1: Light and Dark

My Revised Deltarune Theory Pt. 2: The Fate of the World

My Revised Deltarune Theory Pt. 3: Sans' (and Papyrus') Origins

My Revised Deltarune Theory Pt. 4: Gaster's Origins
Me, liking this post but being too lazy to actually read all of it:
3D9E85EC-82EF-45D3-BF15-53DE6F652989.jpeg

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Me, liking this post but being too lazy to actually read all of it:
View attachment 297559
Good news to you, my friend!
7zfvovuqenz01.png
You don't have to read everything right this second! Just read what you can & put those links somewhere until you got time to read them.

That, or if you really can't, just share those links to peoples you think would like them. As I said, those theories deserve more attentions, as they make alot of good points about UT/DR connection & the plot Deltarune will have, in my opinion of course, and there's still alot of parts in the way!

Oh and, thanks for the like too.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Mipha and Impa are by default the best characters to use in Age of Calamity so far...probably gonna stay this way throughout my time playing this game

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Good news to you, my friend!
View attachment 297560
You don't have to read everything right this second! Just read what you can & put those links somewhere until you got time to read them.

That, or if you really can't, just share those links to peoples you think would like them. As I said, those theories deserve more attentions, as they make alot of good points about UT/DR connection & the plot Deltarune will have, in my opinion of course, and there's still alot of parts in the way!

Oh and, thanks for the like too.
Oh yeah I’ll read it later, I meant not right now. If I don’t forget, anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom