• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
I just love the fact that people over where I am are panic buying packs of toilet paper and bread because of the new Covid Strain and Brexit fully happening while I'm just walking in there listening to anime music and buying a pack of Oreos and chocolate milk.

"Mwahahaha! I am unlike these sheep!" I think to myself until I have to get in line to pay for it.

Hey guys, you know what today is? It’s my birthday!
Happy birthday friend. Hope it's a good one.

Since we're almost to the end of the year, I'd like to ask a question:

What's been your favorite moment this year?
Every time I went to the library to do story work despite the pandemic, I'm a guy who enjoys the simple things. Not to mention a certain forum helping me out during the year.

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

More than 40 countries have banned UK travel because of the new Covid strain, thinking it is going to work. Thanks to being where I am, that won't when people can easily ferry to NI and then travel south to Dublin and fly international.

Also anime:

I don't know if Assassination Classroom has the best OP and the most insane one but I love it.

By the way, you guys should watch it for the premise alone. Might watch the live action film as well.

Last edited:

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Happy Birthday dude! Hope you can find your name here:

I have a ton of childhood shows I can talk about, but this definitely has the most underrated theme song out of them all:
Just like what you said, there are other childhood shows that I can talk about which includes Tom & Jerry, Mr. Men and Little Miss, Thomas the Tank Engine, Family Ness, Sooty, the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers etc. Anyways to get in to the Christmas spirit, here is one of the intro's that brings a lot of fond memories of my time:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I got lucky today at the local game shop, managed to snag the last copy of the FF7/FF8 two pack physically, i went there last week and they had tons of copies, i'm assuming Smash had something to do with how quickly they sold out.

I just love the fact that people over where I am are panic buying packs of toilet paper and bread because of the new Covid Strain and Brexit fully happening while I'm just walking in there listening to anime music and buying a pack of Oreos and chocolate milk.

"Mwahahaha! I am unlike these sheep!" I think to myself until I have to get in line to pay for it.
Toilet paper hoarders never stop being funny to me.
They always expect toilet paper shortages to last months on end but that never happens. Because toilet paper stock is quickly filled up anyway.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
You know what i really miss? Hanheld adaptations of console games. Easiest example I can give is Sonic Colors on DS vs on Wii. Like, with the switch being the only handheld system now there is no reason to do that anymore and I just find it extremely charming.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Would have been nice if the Switch port of Final Fantasy VII didn't stick with 8 direction movement when using the analog stick.

D

Deleted member

Hey guys, you know what today is? It’s my birthday!
Happy Birthday.

I don't know if Assassination Classroom has the best OP and the most insane one but I love it.

By the way, you guys should watch it for the premise alone. Might watch the live action film as well.
I read the manga years ago while it was still being in the process of being translated. I quite liked it, though I do feel it kind of jumped the shark a bit near the end. Also the whole fake God of Death arc felt kinda underwhelming, especially taking up nearly 10 chapters. Wasn't aware there's a movie though, might check it out.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Would have been nice if the Switch port of Final Fantasy VII didn't stick with 8 direction movement when using the analog stick.
I wish it didn't try upscaling the 2D backgrounds. Upscaling is rarely convincing for me.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I'm trying to spend less time here and take a short break but I really wanted to share this awesome Marvel VS Capcom and Metroid crossover with you guys.

Tagging @JDCabrera for obvious reasons.

Oh, and happy birthday CannonStreak CannonStreak !

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
You know what i really miss? Hanheld adaptations of console games. Easiest example I can give is Sonic Colors on DS vs on Wii. Like, with the switch being the only handheld system now there is no reason to do that anymore and I just find it extremely charming.
Same. It's truly a lost art.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

Finally finished the Triforce Ranger design. To describe the specific features;
-The ear pieces on the side are basically the same as the Darknuts. Same as the little piece on the top of the head.
-The face is lightly referencing the Fokka, which is one of the other Knight-related monsters. Iron Knuckle isn't really reference at all.
-The circle piece is a generic one so it's easy for me to edit in each Medallion from OOT. Since all 6 represent one Temple.
-It has a small cape, just enough size to look cool, but not cause issues in combat.
-The holsters on each side are small but workable for any kind of generic weapon. Like blasters/simple pole-like swords.
-The small things on the side of the gauntlets are actually shields.
-If not easy to see entirely, yes, that's a Triforce on the belt.
-The shoulder pads are a general knight thing.

(Incidentally, nobody uses an axe of sorts, so literally the Iron Knuckles have zero references outright).

Also, happy birthday CannonStreak CannonStreak

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Now that's a surprise. Thought you'd be one of the last people on here to do that.

What do you mean by that?

Just want to cut back on social media?
Yeah, just giving myself a few days to collect my thoughts and focus on the holidays. It's not going to be a long break at all though, and I'd definitely let you guys know ahead of time if it was. :p

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
They had a topic on /v/ about "What games you have the most hours played (On Steam)" so I checked mine...

LOL, it's a little embarrassing
Hours.png

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

What do you mean by that?

Yeah, just giving myself a few days to collect my thoughts and focus on the holidays. It's not going to be a long break at all though, and I'd definitely let you guys know ahead of time if it was. :p
Should have put no offence there. Apologies if I sounded a bit sharp.

I'm just pretty used to seeing you around all the time and you are a nice guy so that's what I meant.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Should have put no offence there. Apologies if I sounded a bit sharp.

I'm just pretty used to seeing you around all the time and you are a nice guy so that's what I meant.
I'm just teasing, dude; I know that I'm here way too much. No offense taken. :p

We're still cool, bro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom