• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Finished watching the last episode to the second season of Mandalorian in which I felt this is the way to finish the second season. Either ways, I look forward to see what and where they go next during season three.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
And I just got ****ed over by my PS4 again.

Corrupt system and have to factory reset it all for the second time in three months.

Piss walk. Now this is how you ruin a man's day.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
You know, I never heard of Sephiroth until he got in Smash, and I feel kinda dumb now that I know he's a super iconic villain, haha.

D

Deleted member

I grew up with Kingdom Hearts, so that's how I knew him. Didn't play actual FFVII until earlier this year.
I kinda grew up with Kingdom Hearts lol

I played Re:coded as a kid and was immensely confused because I didn't understand anything that was happening. But that's the only one I've actually "played," the rest I just watched the cutscenes of.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

I only knew of Sephiroth, because of Cloud in Smash 4.

Cloud was so fun in Smash 4.

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
I knew of Sephiroth long before Ultimate. I also knew of Cloud long before Smash 4.

D

Deleted member

I only knew of Sephiroth, because of Cloud in Smash 4.

Cloud was so fun in Smash 4.
I know about Sephiroth and the Final Fantasy VII cast because of Kingdom Hearts and videos about either the cancelled version of Final Fantasy VII on N64 or theories about reviving Aerith.

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
In 1997, Square started helping Sony because they're GOOD FRIENDS.
And didn't help Nintendo because WE'RE FRIENDS BUT OUR FRIENDS ARE NOT FRIENDS.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
In 1997, Square started helping Sony because they're GOOD FRIENDS.
And didn't help Nintendo because WE'RE FRIENDS BUT OUR FRIENDS ARE NOT FRIENDS.
it's actually because the Nintendo 64 runs on cartriges, which store way less data. FF7 alreay takes 3 disks, it would probably take 10-15 cartriges.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I was introduced to Sephiroth through Kingdom hearts as well.
Mostly throught 2, i didn't have context for these guysback in Chain of Memories.

This scene was awesome though i had no context for why it was awesome back then:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I learned about Sephiroth through the mouths of people online, pics, and a small amount of video clips. Not much beyond that beyond he's a bad guy.

Though I can fix that with FF7 I purchased awhile back.

D

Deleted member

I think for Christmas I'll treat myself and finally grab a Sega 32X. Always been meaning to get one.

Does anyone want to play an arena with me? Last time I ask.
Well, I don't have online, sorry. Been ages since I last played Smash to begin with.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Corrupt PS4 for the second time and now really pissed off.

Sits in Awkward Silence Guess I'll go **** myself then.

HOWEVER I didn't lose my Save Data again! That's the difference!

I didn't lose my 10 hours of Persona 5 Royal Progress! Cause I actually listened to friends!

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Tested out how a to draw established characters in my own style. Still working on refining my style, but this sketch is a little rougher.

Either way, here's Gohan. Y'all hear about Baby from GT being leaked for DBFZ? He wasn't who I was expecting, but he does still make sense.

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
Never played Kingdom Hearts. I've only ever played Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest 1.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I knew of Cloud because of Kingdom Hearts and how he got his ass handed to him by the Cerebus, and I knew about Sephiroth because of Cloud.

I gotta be honest, I never finished Kingdom Hearts.
Yeah, the gameplay in the first Kingdom hearts game isn't very good, it's too clunky and a lot of the worlds are badly designed.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I knew of Cloud because of Kingdom Hearts and how he got his ass handed to him by the Cerebus, and I knew about Sephiroth because of Cloud.

I gotta be honest, I never finished Kingdom Hearts.
I played through the first Kingdom Hearts (Final Mix specifically) once and I never want to do it again because the platforming and combat system suck.

Kingdom Hearts 2 is the only "good" KH game from what I've played, IMO, and my praise really only applies to the post game content with the data boss fights and Lingering Will.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom