• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Hello, just finished watching the presentation with my mother.

I am so Happy I literally got all the Mii costumes and Final Fantasy VII songs I wanted, the stage looks hype, the Classic Mode being actually a bosh Rush is awesome, the new Mode to unlock Sephiroth earlier is such a great idea and the character itself looks really fun to play as.

And I am also really Happy that my mother was there with me the whole time, watching and actually reacting to everything shown with me. Hopefully I get to experience this again sometime in the future, because It felt great to not be alone watching It.

Now, I'm going to have dinner.

Shroob

Sup?
Man I don't think I'm ever gonna get over this. Sephiroth is really cool, you will never catch me saying otherwise. But man... they could have at least held off on the Geno costume to give us at least the illusion of hope.
No, holding it off until the end would be terrible.

The fact that the Miis were shown off early means that they were at the very least aware of his popularity and wanted to rip the band aid off early. Holding it until the end would just make it sting worse.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
WELP

Geno is gone, for good now.

Can't say I'm looking forward to the ****storm it's going to bring.

BUT....

Hey, the "2 Song for FF" Memes is dead, we got more FF Mii Costumes, we got a cool ass victory screen, stages is looking good & legal & you can unlock Sephiroth early via a cool challenge.

Sooooo I would say it even the odds.

Tho why is the boss rush locked to Sephi only.

D

Deleted member

I'm going to do Easy, so I can get Sephiroth.

Then I will do Very Hard, and prove my worth.

D

Deleted member

Too bad my internet crapped out for like half the presentation, but man, he's awesome from what I could see. And the whole Sephiroth challenge is a cute little touch.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Man I don't think I'm ever gonna get over this. Sephiroth is really cool, you will never catch me saying otherwise. But man... they could have at least held off on the Geno costume to give us at least the illusion of hope.
I’m happy it happened so fast. Now the Geno fanbase (me included) can accept that he won’t be in the game and move on.

Maybe hope for other characters, maybe distance themselves from smash all together. Either way, now they have closure. Instead of chasing something that wasn’t meant to be all the way to Ultimate’s end.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Well, I'm preparing for a storm. By the way MORE MUSIC! YES!

And I'm gonna post something geography related for us nerds.

1608244854122.png

Some people are going to be pissed. Look I got a few of mine deconfirmed so I know the feels.

Also wished Sakurai commented on Sephiroth being revealed at The Game Awards. Just saying.

D

Deleted member

I'm honestly kinda worried about how the Geno community is gonna react now that he's outta the running. I took a small peek into the thread and It already feels hostile af.(although that might just be the hype and 300+ members posting at the same time)

I'm not even gonna take a peek at Twitter because god knows I don't need that negativity right now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dutch Raikuna

Well, I'm preparing for a storm. By the way MORE MUSIC! YES!

And just to post a geography pic in light of someone. This is me joking of course.

1608245192541.png

And man, some people are going to be pissed. I know the feeling personally but I'm worried about this deconfirmation.

Wished Sakurai talked about Sepirioth being revealed at The Game Awards though.

Last edited:

Mellowy Yellow

Smash Lord
I'm honestly kinda worried about how the Geno community is gonna react now that he's outta the running. I took a small peek into the thread and It already feels hostile af.

I'm not even gonna take a peek at Twitter because god knows I don't need that negativity right now.
They are utterly pissed and heartbroken. I honestly dont blame them after having to wait 2 YEARS to figure out Geno's fate in Ultimate

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Sephiroth seems pretty neat. And a lot of people called for Tifa and Barret to be Mii Costumes. But not everyone thought they'd come with Aerith too.

Tho that does have me think, you can change the hair and outfits for Miis, but not their weapons separately. Then again, I'd probably just give more Miis the X-Buster, Z-Saber and Mega Buster.EXE, knowing myself.

Sephiroth's also got one of the cooler Arcade mode runs, but I do admit, I kind of wish his was one each fighter could participate in an actual full boss rush would be pretty nice. Still, with Mega Man, Ryu and Terry, it's extremely fitting and flashy, so I like it.

Octoslash reminds me of Berserker Barrage in this game so much. I wonder if dude'll come with spirit fights. There's slots available for it at least. So Imagine Tifa, Barret and Aerith.

R.I.P to Geno, unless we get a Season 3.

D

Deleted member

They are utterly pissed and heartbroken. I honestly dont blame them after having to wait 2 YEARS to figure out Geno's fate in Ultimate
Once Sep was revealed I feel that this was an inevitability. If they were gonna add Geno they wouldn't have bargained for Sephiroth instead. It was just a matter of time.

Shroob

Sup?
I mean, I understand the sentiment, but at the end of the day, it's just cold, hard business.

Dragon Quest is Enix, and Enix stuff came with Enix.

Final Fantasy(And SMRPG) is Square, and Square stuff came with Square.

Depending how early they struck up a deal for Sephiroth, there was probably some exclusivity clause or something. If anything, I'd be upset at big corporate CEOs penning legal papers more than anything.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I still have much yet to learn with Steve, so I'm going to try using Simon against him. He helped me get the Duck Hunt challenge on hard.

I am going to fight Sephiroth on Easy so I can get him easily, then I will try fighting him on Very Hard with Simon, and Steve. If Simon doesn't work, I'll probably go Ike.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I'm getting some serious Ridley Smash 4 flashback when it come to Geno, ngl.

Dutch Raikuna

I mean, I understand the sentiment, but at the end of the day, it's just cold, hard business.

Dragon Quest is Enix, and Enix stuff came with Enix.

Final Fantasy(And SMRPG) is Square, and Square stuff came with Square.

Depending how early they struck up a deal for Sephiroth, there was probably some exclusivity clause or something. If anything, I'd be upset at big corporate CEOs pinning legal papers more than anything.
Yep, it shouldn't be the heads of the creators or designers but rather the business men at the heart of the machine they should be annoyed at.

It sucks but that's business. It's not roses and gardens.

Dutch Raikuna

I will say one thing... having a way to unlock Seph early(with a reasonable challenge attached to it) is cool af. Hope they do that with other characters too.
That's one thing that I wish would be cool if you have a Season Pass in general, to play stuff early if you have beaten the game or something, Beat the character, get the character sounds cool.

D

Deleted member

I am so excited to destroy Boss Sephiroth, that my hands feel different.

They know they have to get ready.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I will say one thing... having a way to unlock Seph early(with a reasonable challenge attached to it) is cool af. Hope they do that with other characters too.
I think they only did this because Sephiroth has a Legacy of being this uber powerful secret boss that gives you bonus content when you beat him.

A legacy that Kingdom hearts created Btw.

D

Deleted member

I think they only did this because Sephiroth has a Legacy of being this uber powerful secret boss that gives you bonus content when you beat him.

Yeah I kinda figured that. It's pretty cool attention to detail that I hope they do with at least another character in the pass.

inb4 we get Master Hand

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

He was the final boss of FFVII though and one of the most iconic bosses/villains in video game history.

Plus he didn't even reward you anything until Final Mix.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
9 ****ing songs
Aerith and Tifa
Sephiroth not busted as hell
bomb ass stage
bomb ass final smash
early release for those who earn him
Flightless Angel vs One Winged Angel
!!!!A ****ING BADASS VICTORY SCREEN!!!!
this is gonna be a very sexy time

Dutch Raikuna

Well I better make some food then beat the One Winged Angel. Then become a Phantom Thief or a hipster in Glitch Night City for, well, the night.

Can we also talk about how ****ing sick Northern Crater turned out? I love how it actually tells a story.
Oh yeah it's a looker. Wished it had stage hazards but can't complain.

Really proud they took inspirations from Dissidia Final Fantasy though. I loved the PSP games.

Also if you guys haven't: Play Dissidia Final Fantasy.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom