• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I'm gonna go. I don't know for how long. But I'm not mentally ready to deal with this.

**** it, I'll probably be back in half a god damn hour cause without you chumps I literally have no friends.

Then I'm sorry, but you're living in a dream world, Snake.

If Geno's fate was always meant to be costumed, it's 100% better to just be done with it now than to string his fans on longer. What you're suggesting is "His costume could have been in FP11" is ****ing torture to them for no damn reason. Use your head and not your emotions.
I'm sorry but there was no good way to reveal Geno as a Mii Costume. Especially since we live in the timeline where Byleth and Steve did make it in. People LOVE SMRPG! People love Geno! People are CONSTANTLY asking for not just him but all of the characters in that game to come back in some way. So seeing him become just a Mii Costume and not get all of that love and attention a fighter gets is torture in it's own way.
Banjo at least has
-appeared in multiple games
-made multiple cameos in other games
-is a gaming icon

Geno has none of that. You're comparing apples to iphones.
And you're just being mean. Remember how sakurai said that it doesn't matter if a character is new or old or weather they are recognizable to everyone? And remember, that part about being an icon was heavily contested before his reveal. I will never forget about how people spoke about my bear.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Trying to beat up Sephi on very hard with Mario original killer, Ridley, but it's alot harder than I thought. lol

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Nobody is getting away.

@osby @Cutie Gwen Lamperouge Lamperouge @Hat N' Clogs NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy @Noipoi Metal Shop X Metal Shop X TheMightyP TheMightyP and Wademan94 Wademan94 , all of you come here.

I just had literally a perfect day, something I deeply needed after the hellish past weeks I've been living, and even if some of you didn't notice ya'll have helped to make It happen in some way or another.

To all of you who made me keep pushing and still do, thank you.

Thank you for making me stay up when I need It most.
Glad to hear things are going well for you dude!

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Nobody is getting away.

@osby @Cutie Gwen Lamperouge Lamperouge @Hat N' Clogs NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy @Noipoi Metal Shop X Metal Shop X TheMightyP TheMightyP and Wademan94 Wademan94 , all of you come here.

I just had literally a perfect day, something I deeply needed after the hellish past weeks I've been living, and even if some of you didn't notice ya'll have helped to make It happen in some way or another.

To all of you who made me keep pushing and still do, thank you.

Thank you for making me stay up when I need It most.
Anytime, my friend.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Banjo at least has
-appeared in multiple games
-made multiple cameos in other games
-is a gaming icon

Geno has none of that. You're comparing apples to iphones.
Geno sits in a weird place in my mind, because when i was a kid first using the internet, this was during the Brawl speculation and everyone raised Geno to be this legendary gaming icon, so me being an impressionable child always thought he was more popular than he really was.

CosmicQuark

Smash Master
As someone who hasn't played Final Fantasy, I wasn't shocked the character didn't appeal to me--but so many almost cool stuff that turned out to be mixed. Outside of the character, it was disappointing to see Geno not only return as a Mii costume, but not even a premium Mii costume, though since Geno wasn't a priority for me it doesn't bother me personally--just feel bad fans had to wait this long for so little. And seeing the Sephiroth classic mode is disappointing--I would think Cloud would ideally be the final fight, and Sakurai literally called it a boss rush while not doing a true boss rush mode. I, personally, hate boss rushes, but what I wanted was being able to fight any boss as any character outside of World of Light. This would have been the perfect time, but despite having another Fighter's Pass, Homerun Contest really was the last mode. Saw Max's stream, and enjoyed seeing that he got pretty much everything he wanted, including treating Sephiroth as a legit boss--glad for the fans, but this presentation was pretty underwhelming for me. On to the next one.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Uh, so, it's late here so I decided to switch to K.Rool to see if I could won more easily after dying alot with Ridley.

And yeah, gottem, 2nd try but still.

RIP my Ridley tho.
I can't believe I can finally witness Sans meeting god.
View attachment 296079
Yoo, this new AU Sans-tric is looking good.

ZaneHitsurugi

Smash Ace
Sephiroth seems like the sword character to end all sword characters. I can't see another pure sword user topping him, unfortunately.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
So, if anyone can correct me, I defeat Sephiroth in the challenge and after that I instantly unlock him early?

That has to be the best idea ever.
Yuuuup.

You unlock him & his stage if you beat him.

don't know if it's only Very Hard or any difficulty tho.

D

Deleted member

Well, time to watch Max's video, Also helpful to catch up with the stuff I missed due to internet outage.

So, if anyone can correct me, I defeat Sephiroth in the challenge and after that I instantly unlock him early?

That has to be the best idea ever.
Yeah, good luck.

Shroob

Sup?
I'm gonna go. I don't know for how long. But I'm not mentally ready to deal with this.

**** it, I'll probably be back in half a god damn hour cause without you chumps I literally have no friends.

I'm sorry but there was no good way to reveal Geno as a Mii Costume. Especially since we live in the timeline where Byleth and Steve did make it in. People LOVE SMRPG! People love Geno! People are CONSTANTLY asking for not just him but all of the characters in that game to come back in some way. So seeing him become just a Mii Costume and not get all of that love and attention a fighter gets is torture in it's own way.

And you're just being mean. Remember how sakurai said that it doesn't matter if a character is new or old or weather they are recognizable to everyone? And remember, that part about being an icon was heavily contested before his reveal. I will never forget about how people spoke about my bear.
Yes, and they know that, they know, that's why they showed him off early instead of waiting.

Let me be real with you Snake, if Geno was always going to be a Mii costume, the best way to do it was to end it as early as you can.

My dog of 17 years died this year, not from old age, but from being put down. She was my best friend, but one day, she broke her hip and punctured an internal organ. The vet said that they could maybe save her, but there would be a very high chance that she died in the operation, and if she didn't, she'd never be the same after that, being unable to walk or use the bathroom without a bag.

Sometimes, the best thing to do is end the suffering early than to just let it drag on and on and on. In a no win situation, a quick death is more preferred than a death were you're strung up and left to bleed out.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I've beated Crash Bandicoot 1 with all the gems and completed the second map in Cuphead.

This challenge Will probably be easy.

D

Deleted member

So I am trying out Sephiroth.

He is quite fun and meaty. I really like him.

However, some of his moves have a lot of endlag. So I may not use him in Quickplay, but to be fair, Quickplay is garbage. Lol.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Oh Lord, what is Sephiroth's frame data
Fair is 13 frames, Bair is 15 frames....

Oh wait, I can't say that.

For real tho, I could punish some of his moves with Ridley nair, and while he seem quite slow, his recovery seem decent & if you're heavy, you're going to be combo food. then again, that's expected

Also Side-B is really annoying to deal with, definitly gotta keep a eye on that one.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Fair is 13 frames, Bair is 15 frames....

Oh wait, I can't say that.

For real tho, I could punish some of his moves with Ridley nair, and while he seem quite slow, his recovery seem decent & if you're heavy, you're going to be combo food. then again, that's expected

Also Side-B is really annoying to deal with, definitly gotta keep a eye on that one.
Man really has a frame 16 up air, and all Smash Attacks above frame 20.

Didn't think they would make a character with worse frame data than Ganon.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
--.gif

Jesus....or Jenova in this case, what I am doing still awake?

Man really has a frame 16 up air, and all Smash Attacks above frame 20.

Didn't think they would make a character with worse frame data than Ganon.
Honestly he feel like a mix of Smash 4 Shulk & Ganon from the little I seen/fought.

Not going to pretend I know better tho, 'cuz it's sleep time, but I hope his range can balance his slowness, or that he can move decently fast at least, and/or side-B can help him put enough pressure on the opponent, otherwise tho...
frieza 4.png
Things ain't going to be pretty for him at high level.

But yeah, that all said, good night folks, see ya tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom