• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroob

Sup?
This is everything wrong with the Smash community. Period.

There was a problem fetching the tweet
I mean, are you going to generalize the entire community off of Twitter?

You keep looking at Twitter expecting it to get better, it's not, that's why it's Twitter. You keep looking at Twitter and like, are you just looking for negativity? Because you'll find it in droves there, in fact, that's basically all you've been talking about since the trailer is how ****ty Twitter is, something that we know.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I haven't even had my parakeets for two fulls days and now my grandparents are getting some

... I don't feel special anymore :nifty:

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Okay. Sephiroth is quite fun! I played his Classic Mode, and got a 9.8. Master Hand and Crazy Hand did not want to give me that 9.9... -_-

He is very meaty, and powerful. And his range is great.

My only complaint is that his framedata is garbage.

Other than that, amazing character!

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

You keep looking at Twitter expecting it to get better, it's not, that's why it's Twitter. You keep looking at Twitter and like, are you just looking for negativity? Because you'll find it in droves there, in fact, that's basically all you've been talking about since the trailer is how ****ty Twitter is, something that we know.
Idk, some of these memes are ****ing hilarious

But yeah, Twitter loves to thrive off of negativity. It's best not to go there if you're feeling down.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I am surprised that Sephiroth is light.

I guess Gwen was correct about Sephiroth being a twink. 😔

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Yes, Twitter is nothing but people trying to make you feel bad. And if anyone disagrees they block you. Or use a ban list to block you if you follow someone they don't like.

Twitter is trash

Shroob

Sup?
Yes, Twitter is nothing but people trying to make you feel bad. And if anyone disagrees they block you. Or use a ban list to block you if you follow someone they don't like.

Twitter is trash
It's also just not healthy to go out of your way to look for negativity like said person's been doing. They've been posting about Twitter non-stop, which is only showering them with toxicity. That's not good for one's mind.

D

Deleted member

I remember when Twitter became such a problem, I deleted my account.

It was quite liberating, even if I tend to complain about Twitter from time to time.

D

Deleted member

Something interesting to note:

The usual Smash theme doesn't play after Sephiroth wins. You know, the song that plays after a victory jingle is heard.

Same thing with Cloud, where it just loops the Final Fantasy VII victory theme.

For Sephiroth, nothing plays.

Awesome.

D

Deleted member

I remember when Twitter became such a problem, I deleted my account.

It was quite liberating, even if I tend to complain about Twitter from time to time.
I have an account I just never use it.

Maybe post once in a full moon but I find Twitter's UI to be less than stellar and confusing so I don't bother.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
so I've lost my first fight against Sephiroth by going Cloud

then I used Joker to unlock him via Arsene
then beat him with my main Pit via skill
got cocky with Mario then failed...only to stop the game from having me lose and reran that to win as the plumber whom died

then ****ing destroyed him with Daisy and Sonic

now I shall play him...

D

Deleted member

I'm playing Sephiroth on the Minecraft stage. I feel powerful.

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
Twitter's acting like the Big House just got cancelled. Yet, Geno not being in Smash is a completely different thing that doesn't concern Melee at all.
Move on, damnit!

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I say just ignore the toxic people, maybe report some if they're as bad as that evil person hoping people kill themselves.

There's a lot of positivity as well, at least. I've seen others mourning Geno, some hoping for the next game or trying to keep hope going for the future (like other characters' fanbases did or are still doing), and others who are sorry even if they're not Geno fans themselves.

The toxic people are just jerks who like to feel like they have some form of hateful power over others, like mean trolls basically, because they don't have anything else to do to make them happy in their miserable lives of narcissism and whatever else. Hopefully they become better people and stop bullying others, but for now, just avoid them. I don't even like saying that kind of stuff, but it feels like the truth, and I'm not sure how to put a more optimistic spin on it anyway; they're jerks and are probably bad people, unfortunately.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Okay. Sephiroth's framedata hurts, I will say.

I kind of hope they decrease the lag in some of his moves in a future patch, but oh well.

KingBooGengar57

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-6126-0782-8125
So, to vent your outrage over your favorite character not getting in Smash, you try to revive a dead trend.... yeah, makes a whole lotta sense.

D

Deleted member

Sephiroth? He’s fun.

Not as fun as Steve, but more fun than Min Min.

I’m really just impressed with the whole boss fight early unlock thing. I know it wouldn’t work quite as well thematically with other characters, but I wish they’d try it anyway.
I Hope they keep doing these kinds of events for future fighters.

It is such a great idea, and the challenge It offers is really fun.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I Hope they keep doing these kinds of events for future fighters.

It is such a great idea, and the challenge It offers is really fun.
Yeah, I’m just thinking about they could phrase it. Sephiroth is portrayed as a boss fight, cuz he’s a boss. But what about Crash? Or Monster Hunter?

They could just call it early access or something, it wouldn’t be too hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom