• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
If all of you know basically every game out there, then where do all of you get that time to play them?
We are all different people, and we don't all play all the same video games. While there may be games that nearly all of us have played there are also plenty of games that only a couple of us will play.

Doing a bit of research can be enough for us to understand the premise of most games, but not all of us are capable of dumping hundreds of hours into every video game.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
I used to be a kid who practically played games non stop, almost every waking hour of the day.

Now, it's lucky if I play more than 2 or 3 hours a day because of mental health. Only once a year can I probably still do that non-stop all day but that's it really. I also think it's age as well. You'd be surprised when you think you can help the motivation to play them all the time, not to mention more important stuff going on in your life.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Ngl, I thought osby osby was a genuine speedrunner because he once talked about how he likes to speed through Persona games and I thought "holy ****, is he actually a speedrunner!?".

Goes to show that things aren't always what they may seem when It comes to hobbies.

D

Deleted member

Also, I got Among Us on the Xbox Game Pass.

I have never played Among Us, but if anyone in here wants to play Among Us with someone, I may volunteer.

Just not now.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

I mean, if it counts, I genuinelly enjoy speedrunning Sonic levels.
Yeah, It can be fun to try and get as much speed as possible. The best example which comes to mind is Chemical Plant Zone in Sonic 2 where I usually can go really fast and It is satisfying.

I do want to try to speedrun Metroid games, as that is a main element from the games and I feel It could be fun.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Ngl, I thought osby osby was a genuine speedrunner because he once talked about how he likes to speed through Persona games and I thought "holy ****, is he actually a speedrunner!?".

Goes to show that things aren't always what they may seem when It comes to hobbies.
Nah, I'll play a game non-stop if I'm really into it but I'm really bad at actual speedrunning. I like to dawdle and take my time exploring games.

There's a reason I'm so bad at Sonic even though I like the gameplay.

D

Deleted member

Personally I've just lost my interest in games over time. Back as a kid If it looked interesting I would want it asap.... but nowadays you would be hard pressed to convince me to try a new game(especially if it's from a genre I haven't tried yet)

That doesn't mean I don't enjoy them on occasion, just that it's more of a special thing I do very rarely rather than a day-to-day thing.

Unless we're talking MMORPGS because my god I AM INTO THAT ****

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Yeah, It can be fun to try and get as much speed as possible. The best example which comes to mind is Chemical Plant Zone in Sonic 2 where I usually can go really fast and It is satisfying.

I do want to try to speedrun Metroid games, as that is a main element from the games and I feel It could be fun.
Ye. I have under a minute in all of Emerald Hill, and Palmtree Panic (remake versions), and I was in the top 50 in the world for Mania's Stardust Speedway in both before and after the leaderboard purge.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I mean it should work in setup, but I think with Abby committing so many sociopathic actions while trying to paint her in a morally ambiguous light, the fact that she had plenty of opportunities beforehand (one of which where he saved her life) and the overly gratuitous way it was handled, they botched it up in terms of execution. I don’t disagree Joel deserved comeuppance for his actions in the last game but how they handled it in Part 2 as well as Abby is just disappointing.
yeah the excecution could’ve been done better...did not expect it to have happened so damn early (like wow...only took 4 short levels and an opening)...but good thing he got his punishment. Maybe if there was some buildup to it beforehand it would’ve made more sense. Idk what other actions she is to commit (besides beating up Ellie and Dina in a 2v1), but if she learns some sort of lesson in the end then cool...it’ll be good for Ronda to have gotten over killing Joel by playing Mario Golf with his head...and for being jealous another woman got pregnant by a guy she likes...and for seemingly ****ing that same dude for no reason...once I get there there’ll probably be a logical and contextual reason for her to have done that

D

Deleted member

Ye. I have under a minute in all of Emerald Hill, and Palmtree Panic (remake versions), and I was in the top 50 in the world for Mania's Stardust Speedway in both before and after the leaderboard purge.
Holy ****, both of those are really cool achievements.

Would be cool if I was top 50 at any videogame, more so one I really liked.

Imagine if I got like, in the top 50 of best times in Dragon Quest 8 or Mario vs Donkey Kong 2. I would be really happy about It.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
And now I can't go hiking today. My brothers wanted to go and I'm not dealing with a loud party car on the hour trip when it was meant to be me and my parent to help me relax and for him to fish quietly.

And I feel dizzy. **** day.

Also, I got Among Us on the Xbox Game Pass.

I have never played Among Us, but if anyone in here wants to play Among Us with someone, I may volunteer.

Just not now.
I would love to play Among Us with some people of the thread.

It could be really fun.
I would love to try it to see what the fuss is about with the game. Maybe doing it with people here would be less awkward for me as I suck talking to complete strangers.

Almost anytime.

D

Deleted member

Speedrunning is something that's always interested me but (ironically enough) i've never had the time nor motivation to try it.

D

Deleted member

I would love to try it to see what the fuss is about with the game. Maybe doing it with people here would be less awkward for me as I suck talking to complete strangers.

Almost anytime.
Might be able to do Among Us eventually.

For right now I don't think I can though.

D

Deleted member

So did the older ones tbf
I mean ya the older ones did it two but the newer games like Forces do it to a extreme degree. I can't go even 2 seconds without being stopped by a wall, misplaced enemy, or a random 2d section that completely halts my speed.

Sonic Rush handled this problem the best IMO: while there where times you were stopped by random bull**** most of the stages where designed with boosting ahead in mind(even a few sections early on were just "run away from (insert hazard here) as fast as you can" stages, which was cool) and so 8/10 times you can hit the boost button and zoom ahead for a fairly decent time.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
When the Sephiroth presentation is at the same time as Chuggaaconroy new XB2 video release and you don't want to miss either of them, even though it's almost midnight.
harvey batman afraid.jpg

D

Deleted member

mario kart tour seems interesting, if only my phone wasn't as powerful as a potato.
For what it is, it's a neat idea. Wish you could use a controller because using the touchscreen is ass

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Double tabs so you can have both at the same time.

Unless you aren't on a computer, in which case nevermind.
Watching two very different videos are the same time at night ain't really a good experience imo.

Think I just watch Chugga video in the morning after, if I can.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I mean ya the older ones did it two but the newer games like Forces do it to a extreme degree. I can't go even 2 seconds without being stopped by a wall, misplaced enemy, or a random 2d section that completely halts my speed.

Sonic Rush handled this problem the best IMO: while there where times you were stopped by random bull**** most of the stages where designed with boosting ahead in mind(even a few sections early on were just "run away from (insert hazard here) as fast as you can" stages, which was cool) and so 8/10 times you can hit the boost button and zoom ahead for a fairly decent time.
Sonic Rush's idea of a hazard was a bottomless pit because Dimps has a fetish for it, so I wouldn't say it was the best designed.

Also, Forces has you using the boost button for everything. The issue with Forces was the lack of obstacles because everything could be solved by Boosting.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Remember how they were supposed to give us new Sonic related announcements every month this year? Man the pandemic hit the blue blur hard. I am really missing him this holiday. Hopefully we can see stuff from him soon.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

I disagree, the old games had the same idea, speed was easy to get, but the tricky part was maintaining speed. The Adventure and Boost formulas are both natural evolutions of this core idea, you just need good level design to get it right

D

Deleted member

I disagree, the old games had the same idea, speed was easy to get, but the tricky part was maintaining speed. The Adventure and Boost formulas are both natural evolutions of this core idea, you just need good level design to get it right
I agree with saying that the old games have the same idea, it's just that I feel the level design has slowly started actively going against that idea. Like, when I play a Sonic game, I want to go fast, not be stopped every 2 seconds because a random wall is in the way.

but eh, it's overall not that big of a deal. just mildly annoying.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
all the possibilities of Spidey staying in the MCU a some more...Fantastic Four appearance...another Trilogy (a first), member (and possibly leader) of an Avengers/Champions team...so many possibilities can begin

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I agree with saying that the old games have the same idea, it's just that I feel the level design has slowly started actively going against that idea. Like, when I play a Sonic game, I want to go fast, not be stopped every 2 seconds because a random wall is in the way.

but eh, it's overall not that big of a deal. just mildly annoying.
That's always been a thing though, the games encourage memorization so that you know when an obstacle's coming and how to get past it while maintaining speed. It's just that 3D games are typically more complex meaning there's more types of obstacles and more ways to handle them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom