• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I strongly feel we are getting more than two Mii costumes even if most of them aren't Square Enix ones.

Nintendo has been constantly releasing trailers for Mii costume sets since Fighter Pass 1, and they all have been very filled for those short trailers.

It would feel so out of place if they make a trailer just for two of them, and people who buy Mii costumes wouldn't feel any interest into buying them at all if that were the case.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Abby/Ronda Rousey killing Joel was ****ing amazing to see. That guy deserved it for casually murdering an entire building full of people who wanted to cure the world. Ellie being mad yeah yeah that makes sense and killing as her with her gf has been nice...especially since I’m playing on sissy cowardly punk chicken **** baby ***** mode cause I’m a man...and real men fear everything...but killing for revenge is more fun...another set of dot dot dots before I continue...I can so far understand both Ellie and Abby when it comes to their POV on Joel

D

Deleted member

Hear me out people.

Cloud+PS1 Tifa Mii costume+Bridge Of Eldin when It gets Broken=
I can't be the only one who thought about It.

Last edited by a moderator:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Yo

Humans have teeth
Luckily for me, platypuses don't have teeth, so we don't have to go to the dentist or deal with nasty things like tooth infections or root canal surgery.

Boy I sure am glad I'm a platypus and not a human nerd who started forgetting to brush his teeth at some point in childhood due to never forming a proper bedtime routine. It would suck to be someone like that.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Honestly, right now there's soo much bizarre **** being discovered don't believe anything until tomorrow's presentation. There's data, but no matter how you look at the data, it seems extremely faulty.
Sephiroth: “I will bring despair to smash”

Sakurai: “Sephiroth is the first ever character to remove content from the content. If you buy him all other square content disappears.

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Welp, got some bad news about tomorrow lol.

Looks like Square could be at it again. According to the data that was used to determine that Steve would come with 6 costumes, there's only room for TWO Mii costumes in this next presentation, meaning that Sephiroth seriously could be bringing Cloud levels of content with him.
Will laugh if it's just Chocobo Hat & Geno again. Would guess that aside from SE themselves, I would assume a lot of issues come from Nomura himself given he was listed as apart of the copyright for the Cloud amiibo. By comparison, Hero's amiibo only has SE as the copyright with nothing from Toriyama's studio.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I’m not usually up at this hour

but I got a favor to ask. Anyone got that POTD of Chrom on Palutena’s stage with one wing of the statue behind him? It’s for a theory. I’ll explain later

D

Deleted member

Looks like Square could be at it again. According to the data that was used to determine that Steve would come with 6 costumes, there's only room for TWO Mii costumes in this next presentation, meaning that Sephiroth seriously could be bringing Cloud levels of content with him.
I doubt this. I mean if they could get Sephiroth as a character, and Cloud and Sephiroth dueling on a three minute CGI trailer, then I am sure they can manage putting in Mii Costumes.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I expect at least four Mii Costumes. Just like DQ. One of a popular FFVII party member, one of a popular non-FFVII character (my personal pick would be Terra from 6), a Chocobo hat, and something Moogle related, either a skin or just a hat.

As for music, don’t expect more then two songs. Maybe three at the absolute most.

Spirits... expect them to be the renders from the remake so they don’t have to pay the artist, and because of that don’t expect anyone not in the remake. Barret, Tifa, Aerith, and Red XIII. Then maybe a Cactaur and the Chocobo and Moogle summon. Would be nice if they also just made spirits of the summons on the Midgar stage (which are already just png files in the game btw), but I’m not counting on it.
Look at this guy over here.

Expecting content that isnt from FF7, funny lol.

Or, you could look at it much more cynically

And think that they just didn't give any new series. Like, I'm all for getting your hopes up, but if tomorrow really is bare minimum-fest, then no, I am not expecting anything new aside from Seph/Spirits/2 music tracks.
Well 2 characters, 2 stages and 4 songs isn't bad representation all things considered. Sure it's kinda weak in music but one third party series getting 2 stages is still pretty good.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Abby/Ronda Rousey killing Joel was *ing amazing to see. That guy deserved it for casually murdering an entire building full of people who wanted to cure the world. Ellie being mad yeah yeah that makes sense and killing as her with her gf has been nice...especially since I’m playing on sissy cowardly punk chicken * baby ***** mode cause I’m a man...and real men fear everything...but killing for revenge is more fun...another set of dot dot dots before I continue...I can so far understand both Ellie and Abby when it comes to their POV on Joel
I mean it should work in setup, but I think with Abby committing so many sociopathic actions while trying to paint her in a morally ambiguous light, the fact that she had plenty of opportunities beforehand (one of which where he saved her life) and the overly gratuitous way it was handled, they botched it up in terms of execution. I don’t disagree Joel deserved comeuppance for his actions in the last game but how they handled it in Part 2 as well as Abby is just disappointing.

D

Deleted member

I got lucky with Sephiroth's presentation at It is sometime around 11pm for me, which is after the classes.

So I do have free time to watch It.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Yeah it's 10pm for me so I'm fine to watch it. Mean to go hiking today but my parent is taking an awful long time out.

Gonna be busting through more Persona 5 Royal while getting screwed over by Sony in trying to refund Cyberpunk.

I got lucky with Sephiroth's presentation at It is sometime around 11pm for me, which is after the classes.

So I do have free time to watch It.
Thought it would have been 10pm for you, not 11pm.

Edit: 10pm as well. Look I like learning about timezones. I'm a geography nerd, can't help myself.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Yeah it's 10pm for me so I'm fine to watch it. Mean to go hiking today but my parent is taking an awful long time out.

Gonna be busting through more Persona 5 Royal.

Thought it would have been 10pm for you, not 11pm.
Yeah, I forgot the specific hour and just remembered It was some time around 22:00.

Dutch Raikuna

Luckily for me, platypuses don't have teeth, so we don't have to go to the dentist or deal with nasty things like tooth infections or root canal surgery.

Boy I sure am glad I'm a platypus and not a human nerd who started forgetting to brush his teeth at some point in childhood due to never forming a proper bedtime routine. It would suck to be someone like that.
1608210306741.png

I know the feeling man, I know the feeling. And it's even worse when it's after the surgery and you're paranoid that they missed a spot or something.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

If this is true, then RIP Geno

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
:ultsephiroth: : 7 seconds til the end.

Time enough for you. Perhaps.

Geno

D

Deleted member

If all of you know basically every game out there, then where do all of you get that time to play them?

D

Deleted member

The presentation is gonna be at like 4pm for me so I'm chill. Not entirely sure if I'll watch it just yet. 35 minutes is a lot of time for me.

If all of you know basically every game out there, then where do all of you get that time to play them?
wdym?

D

Deleted member

I usually just wait until the weekends to play videogames.

Recently I haven't played much because of personal reasons, but hopefully this Christmas I get to play more.

Still need to complete the three games in Super Mario 3D All Stars and Persona 5 Royal.

Dutch Raikuna

I have the time and knowledge but not the motivation. Also I research for game series when I'm pretty bored, same with stuff like movies.

Plus I'm only going to buy games unless I'm confident I'll make enough progress to be satisfied in.

Just because I know games doesn't mean that I own them, but it helps decide my choices. Still don't get the question but hey, I tried.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
I don't.

A good deal of my game knowledge comes from wiki searches, cultural osmosis and watching playthroughs.

Vidya games are expensive AND time consuming and while I'll gladly pour dozens of hours into my faves, I skip most others.

D

Deleted member

I pretty much just play MMO's and the occasional single player game so I dunno

I just play whenever I feel like it, usually in 3-5 hour sessions(especially on MMO's)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom