• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Ah yes, murder is what you name your child after.
It's actually a totally normal name if you view it a specific way, because it's a Danganronpa reference

Can't tell you what it is though: it gives away the culprit of the first case of the original game

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Finished re-watching season 1 of Hilda and just watched the first episode of season 2.

Any of y'all watching the show. I really recommend it.

One word.

Breathtaking.
I haven't seen the second season yet but I loved the first one. I'm definitely going to have to find time to put aside to watch season 2.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
You know I’m kinda glad my job is work from home

I’m naturally a shut in due to me not being used to big crowds and... being able to be with dad in his last moments. So I’m glad I don’t have to worry too much about getting sick, I just wear a mask for the few opportunities I go out like doctors appointments.

but you know once this pandemic is over I wanna try to get out more. Maybe make new friends, see new places. It’s what dad would have wanted. He took me so many places with my mom when I was younger...

D

Deleted member

Whether you love or hate CinemaSins. You can't deny that some movies deserve being torn a new ***hole like this one.
even as a furry that looks horrible. And I've seen some horrible ****

Like, did they have to go with the human face mashup thing? Was the faces of the actors that important?

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Cats made people who hated Movie Sonic's initial design apologize to Movie Sonic.

That should say enough.
At least the original Sonic Movie design looked somewhat like... yknow Sonic. It was just a really scuffed rendition of the blue hedgehog.

Cats... doesn't even look like cats. It's just humans with fur and ears.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
At least the original Sonic Movie design looked somewhat like... yknow Sonic

Cats... doesn't even look like cats. It's just humans with fur and ears.
gotta please those special targets for the extra money that lead to nothing

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
The thing with Cats is that it was adapted off of a Broadway musical. The reason why they went with the human cat hybrid is because obviously they couldn't have singing cats in Broadway.

However, these were the costumes for the musical

Which is nowhere near as uncanny as whatever the movie did.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
The thing with Cats is that it was adapted off of a Broadway musical. The reason why they went with the human cat hybrud is because obviously they couldn't have singing cats in Broadway.

However, this is the costumes for the musical

Which is nowhere near as uncanny as whatever the movie did.
Personally I actually always thought the musical was super creepy. Seeing people in bizarre face paint and furry costumes moving in animal-like manners just freaked me out. My mom had it on VHS and loved it though, so it constantly haunted my childhood.

If there's one thing I appreciate about Cats 2019, it's that now everyone knows how I felt as a kid.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Amazingly there's actually one movie that's probably even worst than Cats.

I present to you The Amazing Bulk.

Yes, this is a real movie. I'm not kidding. Now this. This is CinemaSins worthy.
Think you talked of this one before.

And honestly, Cats is worse, because Cats was made by ton of peoples that should have know better & peoples had to pay for tickets to see this abomination Bulk meanwhile, is ultra cheap & weird, yes, but ask how many peoples have heard of it and they probably react with a "Huh?".

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I don't think anyone has anything good to say about Cats.

The stage musical was already controversial, with many being disturbed or by or uninterested with the anthro cats, while others simply called it overrated. Still, it had many adoring fans.

And yet, none of them, not even it's most dedicated fans, had a single kind to say about the film adaptation from what I've seen.

Yeah, I think this movie's gonna go down in infamy.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
You can see a worthwhile film adaptation of a musical instead like

RENT

I think the production stopped by my university when I studied there last decade but I didn’t get to see it. That movie gives me feels every. Time. 😭

D

Deleted member

So, I have been playing a lot of Steve. Really fun!

I also played some singles and doubles with Level 9 CPUs, because I have nobody to play with.

I noticed something interesting in doubles. Both characters on the opposing team, always, and I mean always go for me. It feels like a 1 v 2, and my other teammate tries to engage with them, but the entire team goes to me over and over. For example, when they have their final smash, they always try to target me. It is so weird.

D

Deleted member

Seeing people in bizarre face paint and furry costumes moving in animal-like manners just freaked me out.
They can't be that bad, right?
images (2).jpeg

Oh.

Although I think it's mostly the lack of an anatomically correct face that makes them look creepy/uncanny valley-esche.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Thank you for saying it like it is.
Like, even sime of the most made fun of actors like Sandler and Rob Schnueder at least been in some good movies or were actually funny at some point.

I legit can't remember a single time I ever laughed at James Corden, let alone enjoyed a product he was in.

Plus, he's a total ****.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom