• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I decided to try Hitman 3 out, and it's already off to a good start - not only did I get to take out both targets by dropping a chandelier on them (something that I've wanted to do for this entire trilogy), but the second mission is a murder mystery in a large British mansion where Agent 47 can impersonate a detective.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Running from the cops in Stardust Speedway.
I would like to say something if that is okay: I have come to an conclusion that, as obvious as it may be, that some Sonic fans; like, but not limited to classic fans;, seem thoughtless, which means they do not take into consideration of other people's wants or what is actually needed for Sonic, and they do not take into consideration the possible consequences of things such as potentially having the same classic Sonic game with classic physics in 3D, as even that will eventually get old and won't necessarily save the franchise; if for long, among other things.

You all know what I mean here?

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
He's the Nostalgia Critic, he died so you wouldn't have too
I decided to try Hitman 3 out, and it's already off to a good start - not only did I get to take out both targets by dropping a chandelier on them (something that I've wanted to do for this entire trilogy), but the second mission is a murder mystery in a large British mansion where Agent 47 can impersonate a detective.
These two posts following each other is oddly fitting

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Been doing a lot of art stuff recently, gonna work on more stuff soon, as far as fan-art stuff goes. Still on the start of the 3rd act for Okami. So that's a decent chunk of game still left to take care of.

Hope you guys are chillin' too.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Playing more Phantom breaker Omnia and got Waka’s bad ending.
Double feels because Waka loses something precious and I got a achievement called “Never Forget” for beating the mode (also hand drawn artwork was unlocked with the same title. For those curious it’s because her Japan voice actress (Miyu Matsuki) was born September 14 (playing the game on this date also unlocks the “Never Forget” achievement). She passed away in 2015).

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Just finished Golden Wildfire today. I have a number of thoughts, but I'll keep it to a few bullet points since there's a bit to unpack.

-Firstly, Claude: I looked up the conversation around the game and the discord over him has gotten almost as bad as Edelgard and Dimitri, with many saying the character was ruined in Three Hopes. I have to say I disagree, if anything it makes Claude retroactively an even better character since it shows the two sides of the character. Three Houses shown what Claude could be at his best where he had the chance to expand his horizons at the academy and the guidance of Byleth to break down his walls, and through that we see a character who starts the war arc far more open and willing to rely on his companions to achieve the goals he desires, and his plans are more grounded and less bloody. Three Hopes is Claude without that chance, and what we see with him is a man who's still very guarded and is willing to go to more extreme lengths to get what he wants, which is more highlighted in other routes but even in this one the actions he takes can be very callous (poor Randolph). He does get better, but I still would say Three Houses Claude is still the best he can be, and I like the take they took since it makes Claude more well-rounded.

-Secondly, contrary to the advertising Almyra is still pretty underplayed. You only directly fight them for two chapters, and while the aftermath of the last one does give you Nadar as an important support character, it's more in the background when compared to the general storyline. This also applies to Shahid who dies about halfway through the story and only matters for two of the chapters, but his death did seem to shake Claude. We do get a few bits out of it such as some background lore on the political nature, the prejudices against Almyra being more present among the cast in characters like Lorenz and Judith (and they all ultimately admit they were wrong), and that on their side the prejudice Almyra has against Fodlan isn't universal either, but it's still not as present as it could've been.

--Kind of related to that, I don't like that Cyril (and Alois, Hanneman, and Gilbert) isn't playable. I know people don't like him, but he did contribute a perspective into the Almyra conflict and not having him playable removes a lot of chances to expand on it, even if he isn't available in GW.

-Finally, the main focus with this route is taking down the Central Church, which does draw immediate parallels to Crimson Flower and I do think it leads to some issues, but I also think it still work as Claude never liked the Church to begin with. The big difference between Three Houses is that again, he has a chance to get more familiar with them and by the time he was in a position to do something about them they were pretty much dismantled by Edelgard. My main issue with this is that like CF, it ends as soon as Rhea is dead so the rest of the conflict such as TWSITD and the Kingdom vs. Empire are mostly left to an ending text or not really touched on at all. Granted, Claude wasn't gung-ho about attacking the Kingdom to begin with so it makes sense his story doesn't really get more involved in that afterwards, but it does still make the story ending feel sudden and incomplete.

I'm probably going to stop here and go to Monster Hunter. The other routes I've heard mixed things about and while I like Warriors gameplay, it's not enough to make me want to go through all three in one go. I'll come back to it like I have SMTV, but I probably won't fully finish it for a while.

Last edited:

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
No way they just confirmed Panty and Stocking Season 2.

Update: Yeah, Trigger announced it at the Anime Expo. No trailer online but people say they saw it.

We won
12 YEARS, SINCE THE SHOW ENDED WITH THAT CLIFFHANGER. Holy ****.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
No no, I'm gonna explain to you the magnitude of this in terms of your favorite series so you can understand
Figured as much, haha. Well... I like Hollow Knight, so there's that. Now tell me how a show with the title "Panty & Stocking" is one billion times better cause I wanna hear. 👁

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Figured as much, haha. Well... I like Hollow Knight, so there's that. Now tell me how a show with the title "Panty & Stocking" is one billion times better cause I wanna hear. 👁
To explain the magnitude of the S2 announcement, they finally announced and showed off Silksong.

Oh wait, they already did that?

Well, you should already know the magnitude.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
To explain the magnitude of the S2 announcement, they finally announced and showed off Silksong.

Oh wait, they already did that?

Well, you should already know the magnitude.
OHHH YOU MEAN THE MAGNITUDE OF THE REVEAL. Straight up thought you were gonna be like: "Okay, now imagine Hollow Knight but 20x better:

Which admittedly would've been funny and very in character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom