• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I'm impartial to how verbose he is but one thing that strikes me odd in IDW Sonic is how he has a tendency to just let bad guys go. Not saying he should kill them on the spot or anything but it feels like it goes against how he is in the games where he can go for the throat when provoked.
That's fair, I see it as Sonic's stubborn nature, especially with his stance on morality being "**** what everyone else thinks I'm doing what I think is best" and he just so happens to mostly do the right thing

Also lmao Marvel accidentally announced this

IMG_20220702_071258.jpg

osby

Smash Obsessed
Now for a gal who needs no introductions

DAILY DEMON SHOWCASE

This showcase's demon is of the Femme race:

1656772278662.png

“I’m Femme Medusa. You look like you can appreciate the beauty of death’s stillness, don’t you?”

Alignment: Dark-Law

Origin: Greek mythology. Daughter of the primordial sea goddess Ceto, one of the three Gorgon sisters and the only mortal one. Her name means “guardian”. Some say that she was originally a priestess of Athena and turned into a monster after Poseidon assaulted her in the goddess’s temple. Medusa had snakes for hair and all who looked into her eyes would turn into stone. After Perseus beheaded her, the winged horse Pegasus was born from her blood.

Skills: Marin Karin, Mazionga, Madness Nails, Charge

Next time, you will meet a demon of the Haunt race.

Believe it or not, Medusa being sexy instead of monstrous is not a modern invention. Even among ancient sources, there were records describing her with a fair face. Medusa being a victim instead of a natural-born monster, on the other hand, seems more of a result of Ovid’s writing, mostly dating to Roman Empire. That being said, this design is going a bit far to the “evil woman is also hot”. I like the skulls and weird snakes but I could’ve done with a little more accuracy. Still, she does her job well enough for being a memorable boss battle.

Last edited:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Ain't it kinda nuts that

Even after Smash has been done for quite some time now, we're all still here?
I’m just here to mess with y’all using my inane ramblings about Mario, Sonic, Splatoon and Kirby. Maybe some Cirno here and there.

also Oneshot propaganda.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Now for a gal who needs no introductions

DAILY DEMON SHOWCASE

This showcase's demon is of the Femme race:

View attachment 355911

“I’m Femme Medusa. You look like you can appreciate the beauty of death’s stillness, don’t you?”

Alignment: Dark-Law

Origin: Greek mythology. Daughter of the primordial sea goddess Ceto, one of the three Gorgon sisters and the only mortal one. Her name means “guardian”. Some say that she was originally a priestess of Athena and turned into a monster after Poseidon assaulted her in the goddess’s temple. Medusa had snakes for hair and all who looked into her eyes would turn into stone. After Perseus beheaded her, the winged horse Pegasus was born from her blood.

Skills: Marin Karin, Mazionga, Madness Nails, Charge

Next time, you will meet a demon of the Haunt race.

Believe it or not, Medusa being sexy instead of monstrous is not a modern invention. Even among ancient sources, there were records describing her with a fair face. Medusa being a victim instead of a natural-born monster, on the other hand, seems more of a result of Ovid’s writing, mostly dating to Roman Empire. That being said, this design is going a bit far to the “evil woman is also hot”. I like the skulls and weird snakes but I could’ve done with a little more accuracy. Still, she does her job well enough for being a memorable boss battle.
Honestly I love Medusa for 2 reasons, her having some sick jeans (or is it like. A singular jean? Idk) and how the roleplay elements during the boss fights become extra ****ing cool, she tries to get you to look in her eyes and you can condescendingly look away which makes her pissed off and lowers her stats. In 4A, she does it again and if you do that she goes ****ing mental "THE SAME ****ING WAY HE LOOKED AAAAAARGH". I was so upset they took that away from SMTV, really great mechanic as small as it was.

Also speaking of SMT I tried Soul Hackers and uhhhh. The game won't let me use the 3ds circle pad, only the dpad. Which is an issue when your dpad is somewhat busted as you can't go right very easily.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Honestly I love Medusa for 2 reasons, her having some sick jeans (or is it like. A singular jean? Idk) and how the roleplay elements during the boss fights become extra ****ing cool, she tries to get you to look in her eyes and you can condescendingly look away which makes her pissed off and lowers her stats. In 4A, she does it again and if you do that she goes ****ing mental "THE SAME ****ING WAY HE LOOKED AAAAAARGH". I was so upset they took that away from SMTV, really great mechanic as small as it was.
Oh, absolutely. It was pretty neat how you had special conversations with bosses in IV and Apocalypse.

SMT V's demon negotiations and open maps are great but sometimes it feels they could've brought back more gameplay elements, Apocalypse was so much fun for them if nothing else.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
can’t believe the fictional band “Your Favorite Martian” is back after 10 years or so…woah

watch as I’m the only one here who remembers

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Cool!

I need 500$:wario:
sure thing bro i just need your credit card info, the three wacky digits on the back, your social security, blood type, hairstyle, favorite pet's name, favorite band's name, cousin's name, the capital of North Dakota, a McDonald's gift card, Sam's Club gift card, a copy of Gex, your browser history, favorite Sonic character, facial ID, retina ID, glucose level, date of birth, residence, IP address, favorite Pokemon, waifu, Smashboards login, soul, Twitter login, MySpace login, Yahoo email login, Pandora Radio login, Spotify login, firstborn child, and a signature right here and we can make it happen:

tumblr_inline_oz9qqj6JOU1v1f20u_400.png

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Maybe it’s cuz we’re friends :nifty:

Or maybe it’s cuz we’re bored and don’t have anywhere to go.
You're not my friends, you're just internet weirdos I talk to on these boards and vaguely like.

this is a direct result of me being unable to trust people on the internet enough to label them as friends

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Her name means “guardian”. Some say that she was originally a priestess of Athena and turned into a monster after Poseidon assaulted her in the goddess’s temple.
Wait, that's how it goes?

The version I heard as a kid said she "made out" with him.

Geeze.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Wait, that's how it goes?

The version I heard as a kid said she "made out" with him.

Geeze.
Yeah, I think some versions for the children soften these stories up.

But to be fair, Ovid's original narration makes it a bit unclear whether Medusa was willing or not. (However, the wording combined with how gods usually rolled in his stories makes it more likely that she wasn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom