• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

I wouldn't called it a cursed place. It can be a pretty chill place.

It's the trolls that come in and spoil the bunch.
I want nothing to do with it because of how cult-like it is, tbh.

But that's all I'm gonna say on the matter. Not really in the mood to ignite controversy. If you like Geno it's fine, I'm just not interested in the kind of people who associate in the geno thread, chill or no.

Last edited by a moderator:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I wanna be real here but like, do people not know how to use the report button when troublemakers come in and cause trouble?

It's starting to feel like the thread gets locked every 3~ months when troublemakers come in to stir the pot and some of the more.....passionate members feel the need to defend their turf or some ****.
It’s probably a combination of not using it/ there being way to many people who view that thread at a time, allowing the chaos to escalate fast.

I would be shocked if the staff don’t close it before the presentation and then keep it closed for a bit if Geno gets a costume.

Shroob

Sup?
It’s probably a combination of not using it/ there being way to many people who view that thread at a time, allowing the chaos to escalate fast.

I would be shocked if the staff don’t close it before the presentation and then keep it closed for a bit if Geno gets a costume.
Let's be real here, even if Geno is a costume, I feel like certain individuals are going to keep believing that he still has a chance. There are a lot of people in there peddling to have sources and all they seem to talk about is how likely Geno is, so even if he is costume'd, they'll still say he's happening.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Let's be real here, even if Geno is a costume, I feel like certain individuals are going to keep believing that he still has a chance. There are a lot of people in there peddling to have sources and all they seem to talk about is how likely Geno is, so even if he is costume'd, they'll still say he's happening.
Only one user claims to have bits of info to my knowledge, and he still mostly just makes predictions based on what he believes makes sense/what Nintendo and others do and stuff like that. The user in question also seems to think the costume coming back likely disconfirms him iirc.

Some users have already prepared for his costume coming back, with some believing he still has a chance or is likely but only if his costume doesn't come back, like one dude who never claimed to know anything and was just really positive and never got mad at anyone yet apparently some people were strangely scared of him anyway ._.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Only one user claims to have bits of info to my knowledge, and he still mostly just makes predictions based on what he believes makes sense/what Nintendo and others do and stuff like that. The user in question also seems to think the costume coming back likely disconfirms him iirc.

Some users have already prepared for his costume coming back, with some believing he still has a chance or is likely but only if his costume doesn't come back.
I'm not talking about Fatman here, I was in there the other night and saw someone talking about "How the 17th will be VERY interesting from what I've been told". I don't frequent the thread at all, but considering they popped up shortly in there after the thread re-opened, they're spouting sources crap.

Regardless, while I don't think he's down for the count just yet, the 17th is a nebulous date with 2 very different possibilities, I still 100% expect people to believe that this is all one elaborate 4D chess move if the costume is shown. No, not everyone, there's plenty of reasonable people there, but I'm 100% convinced that it WILL happen, if it happens.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Not gonna lie, i'm kinda concerned over the fact that i can't login to my Yahoo mail account.

It was basically tied to my phone and that thing broke.

Yashichi

Smash Journeyman
Not gonna lie, i'm kinda concerned over the fact that i can't login to my Yahoo mail account.

It was basically tied to my phone and that thing broke.
This is only the first of many plagues to be brought about until you all stop making fun of me.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I'm not talking about Fatman here, I was in there the other night and saw someone talking about "How the 17th will be VERY interesting from what I've been told". I don't frequent the thread at all, but considering they popped up shortly in there after the thread re-opened, they're spouting sources crap.

Regardless, while I don't think he's down for the count just yet, the 17th is a nebulous date with 2 very different possibilities, I still 100% expect people to believe that this is all one elaborate 4D chess move if the costume is shown. No, not everyone, there's plenty of reasonable people there, but I'm 100% convinced that it WILL happen, if it happens.
wait, was the post deleted? I can't find it; I don't believe whoever it was, but I'm curious.

and yeah some will probably still discuss him being likely for some stretched reasons until the end even if the costume comes back, though I feel it would be very few if anyone.

Shroob

Sup?
wait, was the post deleted? I can't find it; I don't believe whoever it was, but I'm curious.

and yeah some will probably still discuss him being likely for some stretched reasons until the end even if the costume comes back, though I feel it would be very few if anyone.
I got the thread blocked so lol, it was within the first 3-4 pages of it being reopened maybe so it shouldn't be that hard to find.

D

Deleted member

I'm starting to think my little brother has caught onto my furriness somehow... first he talked about a Roblox recreation of a furry game I would much rather not name and then now I see his gmod avatar is a furry, along with his friends. lol

Lioncache

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
LION#321
anyone have some fire music they want to share? been having these two bad boys bouncing around the noggin for a while:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I got the thread blocked so lol, it was within the first 3-4 pages of it being reopened maybe so it shouldn't be that hard to find.
I still can't find it ._.

Oh well, I don't really care that much, and tbh maybe I just can't find it because some posts seem too long for me to want to read right now at night :I

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

anyone have some fire music they want to share? been having these two bad boys bouncing around the noggin for a while:

Ahem...... allow me to share some of mine

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I mean your absolutely right. But if we are being honest, if Geno was so likely we wouldn’t have Sephiroth in his place.

Sure the costume might not come back but past reveals have given us a returning costume so it’s pretty unlikely Geno is getting out of this alright.

Shroob

Sup?
I mean your absolutely right. But if we are being honest, if Geno was so likely we wouldn’t have Sephiroth in his place.

Sure the costume might not come back but past reveals have given us a returning costume so it’s pretty unlikely Geno is getting out of this alright.
Still, it's like they say, no body, no crime.

We cannot say one way or another until the 17th. I definitely agree that things do not look good at all, and to say otherwise is foolish, but until we see the Mii costume lineup on the 17th, he's not as dead as some people would hope.

If he is a costume, then yeah, he's 100% done for, and no amount of deep speculation will fix that he's out of the running entirely, but we don't know that yet.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
To be fair, this isn't the first time something like this has happened to a major character supporter thread.

The Ridley thread in the Wii U/3DS days had a similar deal concerning chaos and locks. The old Geno thread also experienced similar ordeals, and the newcomer/roster discussion threads from that time also repeatedly had it, too.

It's not like the Geno thread is some unique site of parsnormal activity or something.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

For a Newgrounds game the ost is pretty catchy

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I've got some cool mostly-videogame tunes:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom