• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Nier Automata and the Persona games were the highlights for me; I'm hoping that some of those have physical releases, because space is running low on my Switch and I feel like Nier and Persona 5 in particular will be hefty downloads.

I'm especially excited about Persona 3 Portable - finally, a version of Persona 3 where I can actually control the other party members!

The Mega Man Battle Network collection was a nice surprise, as was the Portal collection getting released today. Surprised that there weren't any Bayonetta 3 updates, though - if it's still on track to come out this year, you'd think that we'd have a release date soon. (I'm guessing it either won't be out until October or November, or it will be pushed to February or March 2023)

Blanc has a neat art style, but I feel like the game is going to end in tragedy.

Last edited:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Pac-Man World and Mega Man Battle Network being announced back to back was not the whiplash I was expecting while I'm drowsy as **** at 9 AM but I'm here for it.

also hello i'm still alive i guess

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Why are people putting spoiler tags on product announcements
I guess it's because some people can't watch the presentation right as it comes out, so they want to preserve the surprise? I'm not sure which reveals to spoiler-tag or not, though I figure that something like the Persona announcement isn't exactly a surprise given how excited people are for it.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I guess it's because some people can't watch the presentation right as it comes out, so they want to preserve the surprise? I'm not sure which reveals to spoiler-tag or not, though I figure that something like the Persona announcement isn't exactly a surprise given how excited people are for it.
Tbf Persona was straight up announced by Atlus's Twitter before the direct aired, they somehow killed their own surprise

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Pac-Man World getting a remaster is cool

Remember the infamous boss fight against Anubis Rex?
The reason for Anubis Rex's difficulty is because Namco, the creators of the game, didn't have enough time to finish up Pac-Man World and get the final details all polished up. This resulted in them releasing the game in its final beta state, making the game rushed. Because of this, Anubis Rex was never properly play-tested, resulting in frustration to many fans and players aplenty.

Hope that will get fixed and improved

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I got P4G on Steam but I never actually played it so I might pick up the Switch version when it comes out, same with 5R, not sure about 3P since I heard that game didn't age great. Aside from that I think I'll get the Pac-Man World remake to see what the fuss is all about

Also I was gonna get a PS5 eventually but with many of the games I wanted to play coming to platforms that I already have, I might end up giving up on that

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Nier Automata is getting a physical release:

Also, it's not a cloud version, which is great to see given how Square-Enix handled Kingdom Hearts. (I'd understand if it was just Kingdom Hearts 3 getting a cloud versions, maybe even 2.8, but 1.5 and 2.5 were PS3 games; I don't see why they needed to be cloud versions)

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
I think this was one of the better Directs around, even compared to the general ones.

There was something for everyone and most of the announcements felt like there was a request for them. Interesting amount of life sim games but I guess that's a given with Switch being the only proper portable console around.

btw, thank **** P3P is coming to an actual portable console.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Nier Automata is getting a physical release:

reads the final bullet point

Yeah, no wonder it's getting a physical release.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Am I the only one who only cares about persona 4 G in that collection? I hate to say it but the honeymoon period for P5 ended for me a long while ago why Im still in love with P4/G
I'm looking forward to all of them. I've only beaten the base game for Persona 4 and 5, so I'm not sure what's been added for Golden and R aside from one new party member and a few months of story at the end, and while I'm at the start of Persona 3, I'd rather play through a version of the game where I can control my party members instead of depending on the AI.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Question to Persona fans. Would you recommend Persona 3 Portable to newcomers to the series? I was told it aged pretty badly and that I should start with 4 but I kinda wanna play all 3 of them

osby

Smash Obsessed
So it is possible to natively port a PS4 game to a much weaker console.

Kingdom Hearrts fans in the dirt
If I have to make a guess, it's because the engine for P5R is the same as Catherine Full Body, which notably runs very well on Switch. Also, both P5 and Catherine were originally made for a weaker console than PS4.

No idea why the first Kingdom Hearts games were too much, though.

Question to Persona fans. Would you recommend Persona 3 Portable to newcomers to the series? I was told it aged pretty badly and that I should start with 4 but I kinda wanna play all 3 of them
The graphics are certainly weaker than P4 so it's not much to look at but other than that, P3P plays a lot like P4G. If you can put up with half of the game playing like a visual novel, I'd say it's worth your time as much as its sequel.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

Asylum just stop already. You could be using this money to help the world be a better place. Help the poor and homeless, help the people of Africa, help the environment. Hell use this money to help Ukraine out yet you proceed to keep making these cheap low-budget mockbusters you call movies...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom