• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
  • At the beginning of the episode, it is interesting to see that Najma and Aisha found the bangle in a secluded location which is seemingly once used by the Ten Rings.
  • I get the feeling the Clandestines want something more than just returning back to their home in which they were once exiled.
  • The wedding segment was very fun and colourful.
  • I wonder what the train going to "Karachi" is all about within what Kamala and Najma witnessed in the vision in which her gran also saw?
  • Things are only going to get rather complicated for Kamala going forward.
  • Why do I get the feeling there is something very fishy about that Damage Control agent.

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Me right now: "This is a story of a man named Stanley. Stanley is getting screwed over cause his manager has way too strict guidelines on a company paper."

Xenoblade Direct woooooooo!

Then after: "This is a story of a man named Stanley."

osby

Smash Obsessed
Not the bees

DAILY DEMON SHOWCASE

This showcase's demon is of the Foul race:

1655906061387.png

“I Foul Wicker Man. Initiating the ceremony. Divine approval is at hand.”

Alignment: Neutral-Neutral

Origin: Celtic mythology. A wicker man was a large wicker statue reported to be used by the ancient druids for sacrifice by burning. Some stories say that living men, usually thralls and criminals were placed inside wicker men and burned alive as punishment or to please gods. There are still Neopaganism ceremonies using wicker men, however, it is unknown whether this tradition has historical accuracy or was just Roman propaganda.

Skills: Zan, Dustoma, Taunt

Next time, you will meet a demon of the Flight race.

Wicker Man is a weird idea for a demon and it has an even weirder design that does stray away from the traditional depictions a lot. Especially that Celtic cross. I actually like seeing inanimate objects as demons from time to time, especially those with dubious historical reality but it’s not hard to see why this demon doesn’t see much use. Wicker Man is consistently weak to fire in all of his playable roles, guess why.

Dukefire

Smash Master
After reviewing the footages of Sonic Frontiers, I think Sonic's new moves could be integrated into his new moveset if the next Smash Bros is announced in the near future.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I thought the Xenoblade Direct was all right, but I'm not sure if I'm sold on the game just yet. I should have about a week off of work at the end of June/start of July, so I'll try to play more of Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and see if that helps.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
The little bit we've heard in the Direct sounded fine so I'm crossing my fingers that the dub will actually be good this time.

Love Xeno 2 to bits but I just can't with the English voices in that game.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
The little bit we've heard in the Direct sounded fine so I'm crossing my fingers that the dub will actually be good this time.

Love Xeno 2 to bits but I just can't with the English voices in that game.
Iirc that's all because they had like 0 voice direction so if they hire a voice director all will be fixed

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
so covid makes you feel like a zombie huh

love to catch it even though I don't go anywhere because my family are dumb
maybe I'll morb out

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
not something to really think about, but Nickelodeon is having a golf tournament involving SpongeBob and TMNT…2012

that combined with 2012 still having merch, I continue to be surprised by the Rise Turtles not being loved by their master

cashregister9

Smash Hero
SEGA moment (language in quote tweet)

They're locking down gameplay footage at a press event like they're protecting a major celebrity and then a bunch of **** is just in the files of Origins lmao
What if SEGA is using some new Avant Garde advertising method and has Datamines and word of mouth be the primary advertising method.

That is the only way that can explain this games advertising.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
They really devalued the mythicals in the 3D Pokemon games, huh?

ORAS gave you Deoxys
Lets go gives you Mew
Sword and shield gives you Keldeo
BDSP Gives you Jirachi
Legends gives you Darkrai, Shaymin and Arceus.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

ORAS gave you Deoxys
Lets go gives you Mew
BDSP Gives you Jirachi
Honestly prefer the games just giving you Mythicals right then and there than the stupid timed events that screw over late adopters.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593

ORAS gave you Deoxys
Lets go gives you Mew
BDSP Gives you Jirachi
Even outside the listed Pokémon games, there are two more, non Pokémon Go examples.

Pokémon Crystal on the 3DS Virtual Console gives Celebi
A QR code to get Magearna can be used once in all Gen 7 3DS games.

I honestly prefer it this way since it allows latecomers to get certain Pokémon.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Deoxys and Arceus got really cool stuff with the Delta Episode and completing the pokedex in addition to the actual battle itself so I really can't complain there.

I get not liking when they're just handed out by rando NPCs though but I'll take that over the whole "Go to a Japanese theatre and watch a Pokemon movie to get this Pokemon" thing

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Yeah no **** locking mythical behind events, I cannot imagine complaining about making them more access for any reason other than "new games bad"

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
For the record i like how Sword and shield did Keldeo, requiring you to do an annoying fetch quest makes actually getting the Pokemon feel earned.

McDonald's to get a Hoopa.
I'll never forget how bull**** this one was lol

I had to persuade someone who got a Hoopa from a Japanese event to get mine, because the event didn't happen where i lived and everyone kept pestering the local Mc donalds locations about it, to the point where the one near my house actually put up a sign up front with the passive aggressive message talking about how they dont have Hoopa.

Shoutouts to the kids who couldn't nab a mythical because their parents said no to a Toys R Us trip
It's funny for me because i missed out on ALL of the Gen 4 toys r us events, except the most valuable one, being the one time they distributed Arceus for like 4 days. The one with Roar of time and Spacial rend in it's moveset.

Which makes it feel weird when i think about how common Arceus is nowadays, because you get one in BDSP, for having a save file that has one in Legends.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom