• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I’m moving to the UK
Storywise Kingdom heart dream drop distance is basically "Disc 1" of KH3 to be entirely honest, so i wouldn't recommend it.
…thank goodness I knew the key plot points then, cause I ended up accidentally ditching it. The everything about 0.2 seduced my far more than I expected (was not prepared for it to go all HD on me). Was legit meant to be a quick looksies at the game out of curiosity, and was not prepared for such beauty
I know you didn't ask me but 3D links all the games together and sets up KH3. It's probably up there with BBS in terms of having the story from a numbered game, just without having a number.
it’s all good…but Imma ask a very important question for you then…

why did Sora’s hair decide to become the way it is from everything to KH3?

osby

Smash Obsessed
Regarding the upcoming Death Battle.

It's pretty iconic.

Both Hercules and Sun Wukong were the inspirations for both Superman and Goku.
That sounds cool but I doubt it'll be a fair fight.

Heracles is super strong and all, but he doesn't have that many special powers. Sun Wukong is as strong, if not stronger than him, and also has super speed and a ton of magical skills.

Also, you know... he's immortal.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
There was a problem fetching the tweet
****ing yes

osby

Smash Obsessed
He toots as he pleases

DAILY DEMON SHOWCASE

This showcase's demon is of the Genma race:

1655217555455.png

“My name is Genma Heimdall. My horn will warn you of danger, my body will be your shield.”

Alignment: Light-Neutral

Origin: Nordic mythology. The watchman of the gods and the guard of the rainbow bridge Bifrons. Heimdall is called “the shining god” and said to be the god with the fairest skin. He can see 100 leagues away, can hear the wool of a sheep and grass growing, and sleeps less than a hummingbird. When the end of the worlds, Ragnarök and the giants’ invasion of Asgard draws near, he would ring his horn Gjallarhorn which will be heard in all worlds.

Skills: Zandyne, Luster Candy, Tetrakarn, Fierce Roar

Next time, you will meet a demon of the Kishin race.

Insert why he isn’t white joke here. Even though his design is fairly standard, I think Heimdall manages to be an effective portrayal of the original mythic figure and I adore the runes at the seams of his clothes. Considering how he and Loki are destined to kill each other, I think their rivalry should be explored in the next titles. Speaking of individual games, Heimdall had an interesting role in Strange Journey so that's cool.

Dukefire

Smash Master
A Demi god that has gear and super strength vs a monkey that is immortal and has plenty of magical tricks as his title "Monkey God"

I have seen enough movies that covers about the Monkey God and Hercules, but the result is hard to decide on. If I had to choose, Sun Wukong might be the victor as his skills, magic and speed can overpower Hercules's arsenal and strength.

Though, this battle is like Sonic vs Knuckles scenario. One is fast to taunt and attack while the other has brute strength as a warrior with gear, but lacks the mastery of any skill.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
America please

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Also, you know... he's immortal.
As in truly immortal? As in Sun Wukong can't die no matter what?

But yeah from all the evidence I've seen, this seems to be a win for him as much as I like Hercules, that being one of my favorite mythological stories notably his 12 labors.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Still pretty iconic though.

The originals: Sun Wukong (Goku) wins. Hercules (Superman) loses.
The characters inspired by them: Superman (Hercules) wins. Goku (Sun Wukong) loses.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Waiting for my new camera to arrive in the mail.

Could be hear in 20 minutes, could be here in 8 hours.

But I have to be here to sign it when it shows up, so that means I don't get to leave the apt until its here. Which would be fine, except I'm bored and am just itching to go out and touch some grass right now.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

Erza recently got outted by two parents that are saying they groomed their then 12 year old daughter. I'm not gonna jump down the rabbit holes and go through all the details because then it'd be all day but basically, he's on the run from Warner Bros and I'm pretty sure he's having a mental breakdown.

At this has really gotten out of hand. Someone REALLY needs to put this guy into a psychic ward. Get him all the help he really needs.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
As in truly immortal? As in Sun Wukong can't die no matter what?
Sun Wukong's more unkillable than pretty much everyone you can imagine, as he gained immortality seven times.

Not only did he become immortal through several sources, the one time they were able to drag him to the underworld, he also removed his name from both register of life and death and the book of mortals.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Well, considering the amount of support it's gotten so far, I' think we're go for a Hunger Games sim!

I think I'll return to my usual format of having each nominate 4 tributes, if that's fine by you all. It's easier than just asking for random nominations since this way I know there won't be too many nominations (therefore I'd have to leave some characters out).

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
White people be like: "Oh my smoochums doesn't bite, he's just friendly and loves to play, he just chased you down 5 blocks to play!"

The dog:
View attachment 354732
Even better when its:
1655226784523.png

Little ankle biters.

"Ack he's well behaved, he just doesn't like men." I got legit told once.

I was like "How the **** did you raise your toy dog to be sexist?

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
I was like "How the **** did you raise your toy dog to be sexist?"
Some dogs just have a preference for men or women. I don't think they think it any differently than liking, say, adults over children. Sometimes they are afraid of one sex due to past trauma but not sure if that's common.

The same goes for cats too, by the way (yes, I'm speaking from experience)

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Some dogs just have a preference for men or women. I don't think they think it any differently than liking, say, adults over children. Sometimes they are afraid of one sex due to past trauma but not sure if that's common.

The same goes for cats too, by the way (yes, I'm speaking from experience)
Does your cat hate women or something?

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
I had a Chihuahua who as just as scrappy, but I loved her so no Chihuahua slander on my watch.
To be fair I had one as well.

Cute little thing but was just pure insanity. For those six months my old terrier got a little brother and they got along well before most of the family had to move away from it and the person who owned it.

My favourite moment with it was during the big freeze of 2010 here in the UK and it was so confused seeing ice for the first time in its life. Seeing the little thing run around a frozen pond in a puff coat was adorable.

Left us way too soon.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Does your cat hate women or something?
Not really but she had a bad experience with the cleaning ladies when she was a stray so she's apprehensive about them.

Unless it's my mother, she doesn't like women touching her, while she seems fine with men.

Alphine Agnitio

Certified Nerd™
Well, considering the amount of support it's gotten so far, I' think we're go for a Hunger Games sim!

I think I'll return to my usual format of having each nominate 4 tributes, if that's fine by you all. It's easier than just asking for random nominations since this way I know there won't be too many nominations (therefore I'd have to leave some characters out).
My 4:
Alph(aka me
Untitled1325_20220525103257.png
)
Monkey D. Luffy
Dark Magician
Blue Eyes White Dragon

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593

Awesome.

I want to ask a clarification question. What if multiple people nominate the same tribute?

For example, let’s say osby and I nominate Morbius. Who would the tribute count for or would you alert the second person who nominated said tribute that the tribute is already in.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

I'll nominate :

Min Min
Meowstic
Bully Maguire
Metro Man

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom