• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
I tuned out of the Pokemon anime a few years ago, but this tournament arc in Journeys is too interesting for me not to watch. Hopefully missing the first hundred or so episodes of Journeys won't affect my enjoyment.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
You know what ganes were also good? Coliseum and XD. Too bad those are canon and are ignored by GF APPARENTLY
I don't care what anyone says, if Legends and Lets Go are main series so are those games.

I tuned out of the Pokemon anime a few years ago, but this tournament arc in Journeys is too interesting for me not to watch. Hopefully missing the first hundred or so episodes of Journeys won't affect my enjoyment.
Poor Allain, was the cool guy in the anime at one point but now is being used entirely for fodder to show how strong Leon apparently is.

And then Let’s Go happened.

And then Dexit happened.

And then BDSP happened.

We’re doing better now. The fanbase still sucks, but it’s better.

But god DAMN

View attachment 354555
All it took was Legends to make things better, by far the best 3D Pokemon game that isn't named XD.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
And then Let’s Go happened.

And then Dexit happened.

And then BDSP happened.

We’re doing better now. The fanbase still sucks, but it’s better.

But god DAMN

View attachment 354555
I said this so many times before but I can't get mad at Let's Go. It's exactly how they advertised it, and idk how people got fooled into thinking otherwise.

Now the rest of the Switch games, yeah ouch. I will say that it is crazy how it took all the way up to BDSP for people to wake up and realize that the old Gen 1-4 system of Pokemon sucked, which is both a plus and minus against BDSP.

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I said this so many times before but I can't get mad at Let's Go. It's exactly how they advertised it, and idk how people got fooled into thinking otherwise.

Now the rest of the Switch games, yeah ouch. I will say that it is crazy how it took all the way up to BDSP for people to wake up and realize that the old Gen 1-4 system of Pokemon sucked, which is both a plus and minus against BDSP.
I don't know what your talking about, all the new additions were the problem lol They broke the game in two,

Noipoi

Howdy!

Let's Go is fine. The only thing I really find wrong with it is the waggle controls, but that's subjective.

But at the time it started a lot of **** :239:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I’mma be real

None of the Pokemon games are hard :drshrug:
True none of them were ever hard but it was difficult enough where you actually needed to have a bag of revives and potions on you.

Most recent games you can just steamroll everything with little effort, i had to put a self imposed challenge to make sure this doesn't happen in Sword and even then by the time i got to the seventh gym i was still strong enough to beat Piers in a couple minutes.

Legends kinda understood this better since i got my butt kicked by some of the trainer battles there.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
TBH, I feel like the old gens having outdated or just garbage game design does some heavy lifting when it comes to perceived difficulty. The lack of physical special pre Gen 4 made a lot of mons just unviable even in a normal playthrough, unbalanced/bad regional dexes (Johto, Sinnoh) made accessibility to a lot of types and by extension moves of said typing much harder to achieve, and HMs just crippled team building and required garbage mons with ****ter builds.

Like if you found the old games harder then by all means I can't argue, but there's a line between difficulty because of bad mechanics and difficulty that is actually intended.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
TBH, I feel like the old gens having outdated or just garbage game design does some heavy lifting when it comes to perceived difficulty. The lack of physical special pre Gen 4 made a lot of mons just unviable even in a normal playthrough, unbalanced/bad regional dexes (Johto, Sinnoh) made accessibility to a lot of types and by extension moves of said typing much harder to achieve, and HMs just crippled team building and required garbage mons with ****ter builds.

Like if you found the old games harder then by all means I can't argue, but there's a line between difficulty because of bad mechanics and difficulty that is actually intended.
Not to mention the level curve tended to suck balls unless you grinded for hours

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend

The past games also never just handed you legendaries before you were supposed to have them, like Jirachi, Mew and Latias/os lol
Like, i dont mind getting legendaries but at least let me have 8 badges before handing them over. Most players are gonna feel like using them on their teams during the main game.
And the low level opponents don't help either, your usually very overleveled during the course of the games.

Evice was the best final boss in the franchise until Volo.
Now he was a chad of a Pokemon villain

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
The real imbalance is that you're constantly seeing Kanto mons, not the new ones. Sentret's only on two routes in Johto+Kanto while Rattata can be found anywhere!
Gamefreak after introducing a brand new type and then making it unavaliable until you clear more than half the game
1654987944596.png

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Gamefreak after introducing a brand new type and then making it unavaliable until you clear more than half the game
View attachment 354563
I'm pretty sure the intention was that since Dark is supposed to be the "Evil type" in Japan then it's supposed to be used by villainous characters and since your character is a goody two shoes in Johto they dont feel inclined to use them?

It's stupid but it would make sense.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I'm pretty sure the intention was that since Dark is supposed to be the "Evil type" in Japan then it's supposed to be used by villainous characters and since your character is a goody two shoes in Johto they dont feel inclined to use them?

It's more more than likely that GF just didn't know how to make a good dex at the time because they only added 1 ghost type and that was in Kanto as well with Ghastly being the only one you could get in Johto.

And then they did the same thing with Sinnoh and Fire types man I'm really glad they learned the definition of balance after that.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719

I think Dark Type was just added late in development with that happening and Umbreon still having a Pokedex entry talking about it sweating poison.

Last edited:

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
The past games also never just handed you legendaries before you were supposed to have them, like Jirachi, Mew and Latias/os lol
Like, i dont mind getting legendaries but at least let me have 8 badges before handing them over. Most players are gonna feel like using them on their teams during the main game.
To be fair some Legendary Pokémon also just suck in battle, anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom