• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Heh. Either Crash Bandicoot or Sonic the Hedgehog should look at what Mario used to do with Paper Mario and be like “hey... there’s a market there.... maybe we should try to fill it”.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
People on Twitter are really arguing whether or not Steve is more iconic than Sephiroth, and it's probably the biggest Boomer vs. Zoomer debate I seen the Smash community in that wasn't Banjo vs. Steve
For the older crowd both are equally iconic imo. For the younger, I really doubt they know who Sepiroth is.

D

Deleted member

16 year old here, I knew who it was the second the music started. My other friend who follows smash stuff didn't, but he's not big into RPGs.
As a fellow 16 year old, I know who he is despite never playing any of the games he actually appears in. I really only know him because I used to be big into KH stuff lol

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I would just like to point out that Sephiroth's singular black wing was a part of his character design that was added for his appearance in the Kingdom hearts games.

So technically we have a Kingdom hearts rep.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Heh. Either Crash Bandicoot or Sonic the Hedgehog should look at what Mario used to do with Paper Mario and be like “hey... there’s a market there.... maybe we should try to fill it”.
I'm scared to see another Sonic RPG after seeing how well Chronicles turned out.

D

Deleted member

For what it is(a micro transaction filled gacha garbage game) OP: Treasure Cruise's art is fine af 👌
perfect avi material if I do say so myself

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I mean... Sephiroth wasn't the one who crashed one of the biggest social media sites ever

which btw hadn't crashed by traffic like that since Michael Jackson's death in 2009. Ya know, the same year Minecraft debuted?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I will never argue that Steve isn't iconic. I just don't think he should be.
That's some pretty flimsy logic. If a character or game is "iconic", they're iconic. If they have that status they already had to go through tons of trials and tribulations, from actually making the game to developing a fanbase in the first place, which is an extremely hard task and easier said than done, especially harder to do the older a game is(although as Among Us has shown us, not impossible) If anything the fact Minecraft is still well known despite its age just goes to show how much of a legacy it has in the gaming world at large. I'd say it more than qualifies to be considered "iconic".

Last edited by a moderator:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
That's some pretty flimsy logic. If a character or game is "iconic", they're iconic. If they have that status they already had to go through tons of trials and tribulations, from actually making the game to developing a fanbase in the first place, which is an extremely hard task and easier said than done, especially harder to do the older a game is(although as Among Us has shown us, not impossible) If anything the fact Minecraft is still well known despite its age just goes to show how much of a legacy it has in the gaming world at large. I'd say it more than qualifies to be considered "iconic".
I do not think Minecraft is fun. I do not get the appeal. I think it's very boring and it's visuals are very lazy and unappealing. And I don't understand why it has stuck around. I acknowledge that it is Iconic, but I wish that it was not so that something I understand better could get that recognition and spotlight. Nothing more then that. I have no power to alter the status of Minecraft's iconography. Literally all I have to do is acknowledge it though. I don't have to like it, I don't have to think it deserves it's status, and I don't have to be happy about it. That is all.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Warning Issued
My parents are thinking of getting me a pet bird for christmas

childhood dreams, here I come
I'm afraid of birds

I would just like to point out that Sephiroth's singular black wing was a part of his character design that was added for his appearance in the Kingdom hearts games.

So technically we have a Kingdom hearts rep.
doesn't he have one in Crisis Core?

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I mean... Sephiroth wasn't the one who crashed one of the biggest social media sites ever

which btw hadn't crashed by traffic like that since Michael Jackson's death in 2009. Ya know, the same year Minecraft debuted?
To be fair, that Twitter crash was more due to perfectly timed maintenance.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Can confirm that Yoshi largely gets ignored when it comes to Smash:
  • Hasn't got a 2nd rep for years
  • Out of the Original 8, he was replaced by Pit in Smash 4's announcement trailer
  • Removed from the box art in Germany
  • Be the last of the Original 8 to be revealed for a new Smash game
No way he's ever appeared in a CGI trailer for newcomers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom