• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I do not think Minecraft is fun. I do not get the appeal. I think it's very boring and it's visuals are very lazy and unappealing. And I don't understand why it has stuck around. I acknowledge that it is Iconic, but I wish that it was not so that something I understand better could get that recognition and spotlight. Nothing more then that. I have no power to alter the status of Minecraft's iconography. Literally all I have to do is acknowledge it though. I don't have to like it, I don't have to think it deserves it's status, and I don't have to be happy about it. That is all.
You don’t have to like it, but others like it and find it fun, including its visuals (which are not lazy, it’s a pixel art style). You don’t have to understand exactly why, but just understand not everyone likes or dislikes the same things. My explanation though is that people like its style and the fact that they can build, explore, etc. just about whatever and however they want whether with their friends or alone, the only limit being their creativity.

Though I personally don’t understand the idea that videogames have to “deserve” their popularity or iconic status. They’re games, people like them, who cares. Arguing if their company deserves praise is another story, though I can assure you the developers and other members of Mojang definitely deserve praise for being transparent/open to and interactive with their community, and many seem like fine folks who actually care about their fans and like their job.

Although Mojang’s higherups cut their employees’ $12k winter and summer bonuses, unfortunately, so the higherups are questionable in that case :/

As for Steve, since I feel I should explain him, people like him because they like his design and whatever little bits of personality Mojang has given him in trailers and instagram stuff and whatever other media, while also being attached to him as the face of their favorite game and however they’ve interpreted his character, so they love him anyway despite not much being established about him. Like how someone may imagine how their toy they’ve had for a long time is as its own character if it’s not based on any established character in particular, and so they love the toy anyway. At least, that’s how I view things.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
One place is selling odd soda flavors. I've had Waffles & Syrup, plan to try Marshmallow. Then other flavors they have are Bacon and Dill Pickle.

Dad wants me to get him Dill Pickle.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Can confirm that Yoshi largely gets ignored when it comes to Smash:
  • Hasn't got a 2nd rep for years
  • Out of the Original 8, he was replaced by Pit in Smash 4's announcement trailer
  • Removed from the box art in Germany
  • Be the last of the Original 8 to be revealed for a new Smash game
No way he's ever appeared in a CGI trailer for newcomers.
For the first point, who would even work? Kamek? As much as I like him, he would be lame as hell.
As for point 2, he got a moveset revamp and wasn't ready to be shown yet
As for point 3, got nothing
For point 4, they held him back for technical reasons, or because if a joke.

You are right he never appeared in a CGI trailer

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Can confirm that Yoshi largely gets ignored when it comes to Smash:
  • Hasn't got a 2nd rep for years
  • Out of the Original 8, he was replaced by Pit in Smash 4's announcement trailer
  • Removed from the box art in Germany
  • Be the last of the Original 8 to be revealed for a new Smash game
No way he's ever appeared in a CGI trailer for newcomers.
That's what ya get when you're Pit...love...so Yoshi better suck up to Daddy Sakurai to get away from being a criminal due to them damned tax frauds
image0-2.jpg

D

Deleted member

Has the Sakurai presents for Sephiroth happened yet, or what time is it gonna happen if no?

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Playing some PMEX Remix and now I want Project M's Training Room in Ultimate.

Hopefully someone made it in Shared Content.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
after losing a bet, I must now pay the price...
...I must play both TLOU games
20201209_094630.jpg

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I am still alive so far...Joel ain't kill me yet...and never ****ing will

Yashichi

Smash Journeyman
If the parrot wasn't smart and you were having a conversation with it... well...
Well what? You never talk to stupid people? You think you're too good for it? You're too good to talk to stupid people?

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Well what? You never talk to stupid people? You think you're too good for it? You're too good to talk to stupid people?
Well, I'm one of those weird people that talks to themselves in the bathroom mirror in the morning after a shower, so... no.

Everyday it's the same conversation. I'm like my own personal butler, updating the day's schedule to myself as a reminder because writing notes is hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom