• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
I like how Sonic fans keep saying "FANS ARE PASSIONATE" when talking about the fangames like the official devs aren't lol.

Like dude, an official dev can be just as passionate, if not more so. Just be honest and say what you really mean: "I like fangames 'cause they're free stuff and cater to my personal nostalgia".

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I like how Sonic fans keep saying "FANS ARE PASSIONATE" when talking about the fangames like the official devs aren't lol.

Like dude, an official dev can be just as passionate, if not more so. Just be honest and say what you really mean: "I like fangames 'cause they're free stuff and cater to my personal nostalgia".
Fans know better than the devs sadly. Think about it, Sonic Mania was nothing but a fan game and it's the best one since gens. Hire fans lol

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Actually, the maximum momentum in relativistic physics trivially infinite.

You outed yourself as someone who doesn't understand true Momentum. You'll never make a truly great Sonic game (aka unfinished tech demos using Boost game assets).
Good

MooMew64

Fans know better than the devs sadly. Think about it, Sonic Mania was nothing but a fan game and it's the best one since gens. Hire fans lol
Wait...

But if you hire fans...

Then THEY become DEVS

OFFICIAL, CORPORATE, DEVS

AND ONLY FANS KNOW BEST

THEREFORE

MANIA BAD

osby

Smash Obsessed

To be serious, the video game industry is simply not somewhere you can keep working for years unless you love games. The working conditions are that harsh.

The idea that developers aren't "real" fans just because they have to put bread on the table, needs to die.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Wait...

But if you hire fans...

Then THEY become DEVS

OFFICIAL, CORPORATE, DEVS

AND ONLY FANS KNOW BEST

THEREFORE

MANIA BAD
When you hire that man, they become good
To be serious, the video game industry is simply not somewhere you can keep working for years unless you love games. The working conditions are that harsh.

The idea that developers aren't "real" fans just because they have to put bread on the table, needs to die.
They're not, if I don't like the game then the devs should be fired and executed

dezeray112

Smash Hero

MooMew64

How many fans would spend money on these fan games, that's what I wanna know.

And how many fangames actually match anything remotely close to official quality? Honest question, because 9 times out of 10 fan projects feel like fan projects and as a result they either have inherent jank or are unfinished. Usually, it's because the devs don't have the time, or maybe sometimes they just got completely burnt out when they realized passion and "being a cool dev" doesn't put food on the table and working on a video game that will take them 5+ years just to get out of an aplha stage alone for the funs and giggles isn't what it's cracked up to be. And for what? Crazed fans on the internet to deify you? Warm and fuzzies? Superiorty complex of showing "da man at SEGA" who's boss and "OWNING" Sonic Team?

And then they sometimes open Patreons, which is...A whole other can of worms, but is an acceptable form of monetization from fans because "It's optional!" and most of them still won't pay and will play for free. Which leads to the original problem of dev burnout and loss of passion and desire, as negative feelings start to attach. Ironically enough, the thought of your hard work BEING appreciated by someone in the form of something given in return, such as money for your daily living and important expenses, is usually a way to keep that passion going and feeling like you're actually achieving something past hollow words from strangers you'll never meet. It gives it meaning.

So, as stated above: Would fans really be satisfied to give these hobby projects money? Would they still leave glowing reviews, high praise, and put them on their pedestals? My thought is no, no they would treat them just the same as Sonic Team, if not worse.

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Wait is this actual Sonic Prime footage

I've seen too many Sonic SFM projects and renders that use a similar looking Green Hill map, so I got confused for a sec, lol
Yeah, it's real, haha. They showed like, an additional five seconds of the initial Sonic Prime teaser.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I just ordered a 1600 dollar camera for myself.

Plus a 200 dollar protection plan.

Plus 100 dollars in tax.

I've got a payment plan so I'm not paying this all out of pocket but man, I'm not sure if I'm feeling guilty over it right now or not. But I'm really excited for this camera.

Edit: Before people start sending happy birthdays, its not actually until the 27th.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom