• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

osby

Smash Obsessed
DAILY DEMON SHOWCASE

This showcase's demon is of the Fairy race:

1654871683020.png

“I’m Fairy Domovoi. I’m not that bright but if you tell me where you are, I can protect you!”

Alignment: Neutral-Neutral

Origin: Slavic mythology. A domestic spirit whose name means “household lord”. They are a family’s progenitors in deified forms. They sometimes have a feminine counterpart named Domania and sometimes are paired with Kikimora. They look like, old, gray-haired men with glowing eyes, sometimes with a tail and horns. Food was ritually offered to Domovoi in order to receive their blessings and appease their anger.

Skills: Media, Tarunda, Tentarafoo

Next time, you will meet a demon of the Yoma race.

I feel like Domovoi may be a specific reference to a popular culture character but even with then, his design is pretty reminiscent of the Slavic illustrations of the spirit… as he’s a hairy, humanoid creature. Yeah, he looks a bit goofy for an ancestral protector that requires some occasional sacrifice, but I think the lack of eyes gives it some unique spook factor. Domovoi can learn some attack skills but it’s almost exclusively a support demon.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
To keep myself occupied for Dominion. I'm going to be watching Camp Cretaceous which I'll be watching in less then ten minutes waiting for my pizza to cook.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Bro why is Sakurai joining a neonazi cult

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
For anyone who already copped Mario Strikers

How is it?
It's probably the new Mario Sports peak from a pure gameplay, visual, and sound standpoint. Next Level has managed to capture what Camelot has been missing for over the last decade and has injected the much-needed charm, polish, and Mario aesthetics that rival the original games. Heck, IMO I think this not only beats the original, but completely blows past Charged as well in terms of just how good it feels to play.

For singleplayer, it has about as much as the OG games had to offer (not much) so if you want to get it, definitely only do so if you plan on getting into the online scene for it, local multiplayer, or want it purely as an arcade game. I bought it for all three of those reasons, so I'm personally more than happy ATM.

For multiplayer, haven't tried the online yet. Probably won't until I have a few hours of bot play and local multiplayer with family down first. :drshrug:

Jondolio

Smash Hero

Care to translate this to us non-weebs in the room?

cashregister9

Smash Hero

Smash bros. was a psy-op this whole time to convert weird nerds into animal themed monsters

MooMew64

Iizuka my man, you can't just say this

FHDQW9CXsAAMttl.jpg

No.

No.

Nononononononoono Izuka, IZUKA, IZUKA STOP :046:

IZUKA YOU KNOW VERY DANG WELL THE KIND OF PEOPLE THIS INFORMATION REACHES, YOU KNOW YOUR OWN FANBASE :020:

IZUKA STOP. THEY'RE ALREADY MELTING DOWN, IZUKA, THEY DON'T NEED ANY FUTURE FUEL, STOOOOOOOP :138::138::138::138:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Scar/Vio
what if the leakerman is trolling and means Sprigatito’s evolution stands up on four legs?

I’d like it if it was bipedal though, just depends on how it looks.

MooMew64

I want the Adventure fans to wake up and throw their hat into the ring that is of Frontiers discourse.

I can see it from here, they should cancel Frontiers and make Adventure 3. I just can't wait 😊.

I want max carnage in this fandom, I want everyone to lose.
Bad apples of the Sonic fandom really 'bout to make Pokémon's bad apples look like saints at this rate.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
We'll get Sonic Adventure 3 someday...

but it'll be Sonic only

and no Chao Gardens

Oh and boost button and no momentum

MooMew64

We'll get Sonic Adventure 3 someday...

but it'll be Sonic only

and no Chao Gardens

Oh and boost button and no momentum
Good.

This is the world the "SONIC'S STUPID FRIENDS" people wanted. Now, they get to live in it. :140:

Ok but if we get a Sonic game catering to people who aren't dying of irony poisoning, that'd be a massive ****ing W
If Frontiers ignores 90% of the current fan feedback and focuses on polish and doing its own thing, that'll already be an immense W IMO.

Sonic fans be like "Grrr, no momentum" and then fail their physics class.
Sonic fans when they start falling after tripping (Suddenly, they don't want momentum):

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom