• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I’d say it’s definitely worth playing over. The story flows a lot better with some new parts to it and a couple extra very interesting battles. I liked it a lot. The OsT updates were very solid, and the sprites look really good now. The story is also overall a lot clearer and makes the villains somewhat layered.

I’ve been playing new game plus on insane and actually beat it the other day. My team:
View attachment 354126
Yeah I could tell immediately that 2.0 makes some big changes.

I doubt NG+ on Insane was as hard as the playthrough I'm doing:
Difficult Battles
Challenging Puzzles
Joycon Drift: On

Reactions: Z25

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Yeah I could tell immediately that 2.0 makes some big changes.

I doubt NG+ on Insane was as hard as the playthrough I'm doing:
Difficult Battles
Challenging Puzzles
Joycon Drift: On
The league and last gym was a little tricky. Most gyms were a fair challenge and some were still easy.

But I have also mono typed Radical Red Hardcore and done it normally a few times, as well as played a lot of other hard mode games.

Like Pokémon reborn whose post game is kinda crazy with some of these fights. Pretty great legendary events though.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
what is the name of Roxas’ theme song the normal one that plays before his boss fight theme?

Shroob

Sup?
I made a bet a long-ass time ago, like 15 or so years at this point, that if the Straw Hat Pirates got a new member to the crew(Not counting Jinbei or the alliance ****), I'd read One Piece after I fell out of love with the series soo many years ago.

From start to current

For years, I've felt safe in my bet, confident even, a mighty surge of assuredness knowing that I would surely be victorious, there'd be no way they introduce a new main character to the main crew THIS late in the story.

But now there's this cow lady and I feel fear

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I made a bet a long-ass time ago, like 15 or so years at this point, that if the Straw Hat Pirates got a new member to the crew(Not counting Jinbei), I'd read One Piece

From start to current

For years, I've felt safe in my bet, confident even, a mighty surge of assuredness knowing that I would surely be victorious, there'd be no way they introduce a new main character to the main crew THIS late in the story.

But now there's this cow lady and I feel fear
Isn't the cow a dude? I don't read One Piece but everyone refuses to shut up about it and him so I kinda know about some things going on

Shroob

Sup?
Isn't the cow a dude? I don't read One Piece but everyone refuses to shut up about it and him so I kinda know about some things going on
I dunno.

She got booba, but apparently refers to herself as someone's son?

I guess it's a Mordred situation ala the Fate series.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I dunno.

Yamato wants to be someone who has passed away in the current story and was a dude, so a lot of people refer to them with he/him pronouns while others refer to them with she/her since they look like a girl

I'm referring to them by they/them just to be safe until we get full confirmation

Edit: also they're not a cow, they're an ogre

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Official One Piece media listed her gender as female, distinct from how they represent transgender characters.
I dunno.

Her dad called her his son. Honestly looked more like a, "Raised as a son to succeed him" kind of deal.

Shroob

Sup?
But yeah.

This is the most "Oh no my bet" I've been in a long, long time.

Why did I make this bet? I dunno, for fun ig. I used to love One Piece, but I just kinda fell off interest when the timeskip happened(Probably reminded me way too much of Naruto's timeskip). That, and this series is never going to ****ing end. At least Naruto, Bleach, and Dragon Ball ended(Even if they have newer series nowadays to continue their stories).

Who did I make the bet to?

............actually, I don't even remember. :drshrug:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Yamato wants to be someone who has passed away in the current story and was a dude, so a lot of people refer to them with he/him pronouns while others refer to them with she/her since they look like a girl

I'm referring to them by they/them just to be safe until we get full confirmation

Edit: also they're not a cow, they're an ogre
Really, Yamatos whole situation was easy to understand. She wanted to be someone they looked up to after he died so they said "im him" but she is just a big ogre girl

Its really on twitter that, unsuprisingly, would get things twisted

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Really, Yamatos whole situation was easy to understand. She wanted to be someone they looked up to after he died so they said "im him" but she is just a big ogre girl

Its really on twitter that, unsuprisingly, would get things twisted
It's not that simple. They literally said "Oden was a man, so I too chose to be a man" and everything else surrounding it is just as confusing

As long as we agree that Kikunojo is a girl though we're all good

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
It's not that simple. They literally said "Oden was a man, so I too chose to be a man" and everything else surrounding it is just as confusing

Idk, doesnt seem so confusing to me. She admired him and when he died, she took up his identity and everything about him out of that admiration. The mangaka said shes a chick so thats what ill go by.

Oh. I should spoil this even tho I didnt say who "he" was, should I? Hold up

Really, its like Naoto from P4.

I mean, the first thing i said when I just looked her up is "thats a pretty girl" so shes a chick to me 🤷🏿‍♀️.and its pretty clear she is a girl going by everything i read

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I mean, the first thing i said when I just looked her up is "thats a pretty girl" so shes a chick to me 🤷🏿‍♀️.and its pretty clear she is a girl going by everything i read
You say that but some of the Manga Plus comments on the chapter where she casually revealed that she's trans were pretty gross

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Who did I make the bet to?
Me
It was me
Give me my money
You say that but some of the Manga Plus comments on the chapter where she casually revealed that she's trans were pretty gross
Im, unfortunatly, not the least bit suprised at that..unfortunatly

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Looks like Nintendo made a couple of studios

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I dunno.

Tbf, this is very possible in real life. Pre-Transition and all that.
Weeb moment

osby

Smash Obsessed
I didn't know Jet had a Metal version

DAILY DEMON SHOWCASE

This showcase's demon is of the Raptor race:

1654525141254.png

“Me Raptor Stymphalides. Me do what you say but you no play that scary sound, caw!”

Alignment: Neutral-Chaos

Origin: Greek mythology. The name for a group of birds dwelling by the ancient tow of Stymphalia. Originally, they were hunting birds of Artemis. Stymphalian birds are crane-sized, human-eating birds with beaks of bronze and sharp metallic feathers they could launch at their victims. They can pierce any metal but get stuck in cork. As a part of his missions, Herakles chased them away with a rattle made by Hephaistos and poison arrows.

Skills: Toxic Cloud, Steel Needle, Mazanma

Next time, you will meet a demon of the Jaki race.

This demon’s name literally means “Stymphalian”. Stymphalian birds are a pretty famous brand of bird monsters so I’m surprised that SMT doesn’t use them more often, especially now that we have Artemis return. And they have a great design! Sure, turning metal-covered birds into a robot is a bit too much but you don’t see this everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom