• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Oh boy, can’t wait for E3 2022!
E3 or Bo E3 the direct is 100 percent coming.
I dunno, I think calling Pawmi "almost identical" is a big stretch. Especially when it's clearly this gen's pika clone.
They are very similar:
43F60771-3155-4E5D-813F-D627AB6C522A.jpeg

Same eyes, both artworks highlight the aura around them, it’s just fire for the bear, electric here. Almost exact color. You put the bear on all fours and it would be very close.

Also if the rumors are true, pawni is not a pikachu clone or it’s at least not a typical one.

Which is because:
it evolves
Maybe identical is a stretch, but to say there’s not a lot of striking similarities doesn’t make sense. With the popularity and resurgence of the space world demo, its not unlikely these designs would be on their mind this generation

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
How I rank the Jurassic Park/World films now that I finished Fallen Kingdom as I'm ready for Dominion.

1. Jurassic Park (1993)
2. Jurassic Park 3
3. Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom
4. Jurassic World
5. The Lost World: Jurassic Park

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I find Jurassic Park 3 underrated. Not as bad as the hate people gives it. It's basically a fun monster romp and fast pace given its runtime.

As for Fallen Kingdom. I enjoy it for its b-movie type of feel it has and notably how dark it is at times having moments feeling like it's straight out of a horror film. Closest we'll ever get to basically Dino Crisis in a movie. Only the original Jurassic Park and the third film beats it IMO.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Okay, I'm just catching up on all the discourse I missed while at work and

Bruh, why are peeps saying all the assets are reused from Forces. Like, literally, what is reused?

Why is this even being compared to Forces, for the love of all that is good, let it die. It was not notable enough to deserve this level of obsession.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Tbh, I just want Frontiers to look polished. I get that it's unfinished, but tbh it looks rough. I see some good ideas though, and I want them to shine but I just can't get past the jank and the fact that it looks like a tech demo.

I guess my biggest issue is that SEGA showed off a lot of shortcomings and didn't do much to mask them, because after hyping it up for 6 months I'm just like
maxresdefault (23).jpg

Last edited:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Frontiers definitely needs more polish, but TBH plenty of games have been where it's been right now and looks massively better by the time it launches. Especially when we don't have any info on how old that build is.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
We Morbin’ Y’all
SUMMER OF MORBIUS REAL
Most Sonic games that are considered bad aren't bad enough to give Sonic the reputation it currently has.

Like there are some stinkers but like most of the bad ones are mid not god awful.
I agree, though tbh the stretch from Shadow to Secret Rings was insane because all major console releases were genuine contenders for worst game of all time.

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom