• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Do any of you have tips to fight my awful sleeping schedule? If I was in a video game, that would be a Dark Souls boss.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Or gets his ass chopped up into firewood.
Well that's just mean
I mean, you should at the very least come to terms with the fact that there is a very real possibility that this happens.

And I didn't. These character showcases have never focused on anything but the advertised character. It'd be like if you were advertising a car and then halfway through the ad you start promoting an entirely different car, you've completely shifted attention away from the original product being sold.
Come to terms with it? I mean... I don't know what you mean by that? I know it's a possibility. In fact, deep down, I know it's gonna happen. But I'm not gonna be happy about it no matter what. If it happens I will be upset. And before you say "you'd rather have nothing in the game for him at all then have a mii costume?", yes. Yes I would. Because a Mii Costume is a hard de confirmation. A solid no. Nothing at all means I can still hope. That's what Mii Costumes do. They kill hope.

But even if you knew with every fiber of your being that it wasn't happening and in fact didn't make any sense, there was still that tiny animalistic emotional part of your brain that still wanted to believe it.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
So here's how the DLC characters got into Ult.
Plant: Was just there
Joker: Stole an invitation. Poor guy.
Hero: Horseback
Banjo: Was in Kongo Jungle for some reason
Terry: Invite
Byleth: Invite
Min Min: Invite
Steve: Minding his own business until Mario crash landed into Minecraft
Sephiroth: Showed up specifically to piss off Cloud. If I'm reading the trailer correctly, that was his master plan.

Shroob

Sup?
Well that's just mean

Come to terms with it? I mean... I don't know what you mean by that? I know it's a possibility. In fact, deep down, I know it's gonna happen. But I'm not gonna be happy about it no matter what. If it happens I will be upset. And before you say "you'd rather have nothing in the game for him at all then have a mii costume?", yes. Yes I would. Because a Mii Costume is a hard de confirmation. A solid no. Nothing at all means I can still hope. That's what Mii Costumes do. They kill hope.

But even if you knew with every fiber of your being that it wasn't happening and in fact didn't make any sense, there was still that tiny animalistic emotional part of your brain that still wanted to believe it.
Snake, I've been doing this song and dance since Smash 4 lol.

I can be 100% honest when I say "Not in a million years" lol. Someone dug up a leak that was basically 'my' perfect leak from 5ch the other night that appeared after Steve was shown off, and the first thing I said in regards to it? "That's cute. Fake." lol

D

Deleted member

It's been raining non-stop in where I live for almost two days now.

At this point, the Great Flood 2 will come before 2021.
Oh damn. I live in a rainy area, and I don't recall it raining for two days straight.

I hope you end up being safe.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Galeem like

Omega super canon dead as **** now?

I've never played FF7 myself, but I know that Sephiroth's sword is like, evil or some ****, and he sliced Galeem in ****ing half with it.
Well, I guess Dharkon won.

Unless he lost to the Heroes. They were slicing and dicing through the army like nothing.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

My predictions for Sephiroth in terms of playing style is that his range is going to be crazy, but he will be quite slow, so characters like Joker, Zero Suit Samus, and Pikachu can make his life difficult.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
So are we all in agreement that December 2020's tragedy was TLOU2 winning nearly everything?
It made the show a bit boring and predictable but is the game really so undeserving of those awards? I haven't played it for myself but I can't imagine it being a blight on gaming like a lot of people make it out to be.

D

Deleted member

It made the show a bit boring and predictable but is the game really so undeserving of those awards? I haven't played it for myself but I can't imagine it being a blight on gaming like a lot of people make it out to be.
I'm not saying TLOU2 is the worst game of all time, but the fact that it won so many awards compared to other games that many people loved, such as Animal Crossing, Hades, and Doom Eternal, really frustrates people.

It really doesn't help that TLOU2 came out from a TON of crunching.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
It's a finely crafted game with a good story (That has some twists that Gamers.™ don't agree with) and it makes Bigots angry. It just so happens that it was developed under terrible crunch conditions.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Galeem like

Omega super canon dead as **** now?

I've never played FF7 myself, but I know that Sephiroth's sword is like, evil or some ****, and he sliced Galeem in ****ing half with it.
Sephiroth has the strength of a god.
Cloud and Sora are some of the few characters that have stood toe to toe in a fight with him.

And in Sora's case Sephiroth just kinda let him win.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
This is going to be the straight up longest week of my life.

Because my current semester of college has officially concluded.

It's gonna feel like 5 years before the Sephiroth presentation.

I can't believe I just said the phrase "Sephiroth presentation"!

Guys! I'm feeling it! I'm feeling excited again! Place your bets on how long this will last this time. Last time it was about 10 minutes.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Alright so Imma do something you'll all end up hating me for...aka I pulled out my autistic and artistic brain meat to think and overanalyze our new trailer...ahem my fellow sexies...
:ulthero3::ultsamus::ultrichter: are the first to be seen
then :ultshulk::ultbowserjr::ultinkling::ultsonic::ultrosalina::ultkrool::ultpit::ultzelda::ultmewtwo::ultmario: :ultpikachu:seen afterwards
:ultbanjokazooie: is next
:ultcloud:then shown (first timer for a cgi appearance for Smash...good for him) to reveal Sephiroth as the Galeem slayer
and of course the new hottie of Smash :ultsephiroth:appears

The list of characters who were shown to be attacked by or struck at+failed to harm the One Winged Daddy in appearance order would be...:ultsnake::ultmarth::ultincineroar::ulthero::ultdarkpit::ultcorrin::ultjoker::ultlink:(the honored attackers...:ultmewtwo::ultsheik::ult_terry::ultchrom:...did nothing):ultfalcon::ultike::ultmegaman::ultshulk::ultgreninja::ultbayonetta::ultmario::ultcloud:
...so...
This would mean that out of everybody shown in the trailer, only 20 straight up fought Sephiroth (with Zelda, K Rool, and Pikachu being too unconscious to do a thing really), 3-4 (Kazooie) characters being too shocked to move, and 11-13 (separating Kazooie and you could count Zelda if ya want) to not be involved at all.

that would leave only 66-67 characters left to be able to help Cloud out due to him still being injured and probably trying to protect the heroes left standing

But if you take out the injured fighters who are unable to even move a muscle, you go down to 62-63

then cutting out everyone who didn't show up in the trailer you get stuck with only 8 characters who would be able to unite together to take down Sephiroth if Cloud fails to, being :ultbanjokazooie::ulthero3::ultinkling::ultpit::ultrosalina::ultsamus::ultrichter::ultsonic:. You would have these 8 heroes being the most likely to escape and recharge and heal up (remove those pants to fully recover in the hot springs and eat a chilli dog), then they can come back to take down our new baddie using all of their mightiest skills to gain a victory. And if they're smart, they can even have someone like Pit or Sonic get to Cloud and filly heal him up. That way it'll be a 9v1 battle to save the Smash Universe.

also just saying it cause it makes sense, but Pit would totally be leading this small team of heroes despite them all being valid leaders...I say this since he seems like he'd have a closer connection to Sephiroth due to them both being angels with a limitation of sorts. One can't fly with 2 wings while.the other only has a singular wing and can fly...but both would probably have a need to have it both ways and have done a lot in their lifetime...also cause the trailer gave him a lot of spotlight time to build up to the big reveal. Honorable eyeball closeup shot is always hype enducing
image0-2.jpg
The End

osby

Smash Obsessed
Alright so Imma do something you'll all end up hating me for...aka I pulled out my autistic and artistic brain meat to think and overanalyze our new trailer...ahem my fellow sexies...
:ulthero3::ultsamus::ultrichter: are the first to be seen
then :ultshulk::ultbowserjr::ultinkling::ultsonic::ultrosalina::ultkrool::ultpit::ultzelda::ultmewtwo::ultmario: :ultpikachu:seen afterwards
:ultbanjokazooie: is next
:ultcloud:then shown (first timer for a cgi appearance for Smash...good for him) to reveal Sephiroth as the Galeem slayer
and of course the new hottie of Smash :ultsephiroth:appears

The list of characters who were shown to be attacked by or struck at+failed to harm the One Winged Daddy in appearance order would be...:ultsnake::ultmarth::ultincineroar::ulthero::ultdarkpit::ultcorrin::ultjoker::ultlink:(the honored attackers...:ultmewtwo::ultsheik::ult_terry::ultchrom:...did nothing):ultfalcon::ultike::ultmegaman::ultshulk::ultgreninja::ultbayonetta::ultmario::ultcloud:
...so...
This would mean that out of everybody shown in the trailer, only 20 straight up fought Sephiroth (with Zelda, K Rool, and Pikachu being too unconscious to do a thing really), 3-4 (Kazooie) characters being too shocked to move, and 11-13 (separating Kazooie and you could count Zelda if ya want) to not be involved at all.

that would leave only 66-67 characters left to be able to help Cloud out due to him still being injured and probably trying to protect the heroes left standing

But if you take out the injured fighters who are unable to even move a muscle, you go down to 62-63

then cutting out everyone who didn't show up in the trailer you get stuck with only 8 characters who would be able to unite together to take down Sephiroth if Cloud fails to, being :ultbanjokazooie::ulthero3::ultinkling::ultpit::ultrosalina::ultsamus::ultrichter::ultsonic:. You would have these 8 heroes being the most likely to escape and recharge and heal up (remove those pants to fully recover in the hot springs and eat a chilli dog), then they can come back to take down our new baddie using all of their mightiest skills to gain a victory. And if they're smart, they can even have someone like Pit or Sonic get to Cloud and filly heal him up. That way it'll be a 9v1 battle to save the Smash Universe.

also just saying it cause it makes sense, but Pit would totally be leading this small team of heroes despite them all being valid leaders...I say this since he seems like he'd have a closer connection to Sephiroth due to them both being angels with a limitation of sorts. One can't fly with 2 wings while.the other only has a singular wing and can fly...but both would probably have a need to have it both ways and have done a lot in their lifetime...also cause the trailer gave him a lot of spotlight time to build up to the big reveal. Honorable eyeball closeup shot is always hype enducing
The End
I'm not sure if I understood anything but I really respect the amount of effort went into this post.

ShotoStar

Smash Cadet
Sephiroth: Hey has anyone seen Cloud? I havent seen him in like 5 years and it saddens me for uhhh... reasons.
Sora: Oh Cloud? You seriously dont know?
Sephiroth: Know what exactly?
Sora: That he's been in Smash for the last 5 years, i was supposed to get an invite but the annoying mouse told me "Noooooo you're OUR property Sora and you belong to the mouse!"
Sephiroth: Smash you say? Well uhhh.... gotta go bye Rushes innmediately to Sakurai's office to beg him for an invite
Sora: Oh **** Cloud's gonna despise me now isnt he?
Geno: Pain. Pain is simply endless for me isnt it...
yeah.... the pain of Geno and his fans simply never ends. Can confirm am Geno fan.

I just... pain. So much pain.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I'm not sure if I understood anything but I really respect the amount of effort went into this post.
what matters most is Sephiroth ran through everyone who were stupid to fight him, and it would take 8-9 fighters teaming together to take down one very healthy swordsman

that and my brain was not gonna stop bothering me until I analyzed all the characters in the trailer

and that Pit is best leader

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I'm just hoping that Tifa gets the mii costume treatment, her design is just so perfect for mii brawler
Would be extra cool if they do what they did with the Akira mii brawler and made her costume all blocky.

D

Deleted member

1607835347472.png

I'm sorry, but I really, really, REALLY want to cut that one middle hair thread with a pair of scissors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom