• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

last comment of the day will also be a question

do y’all think Marvel and DC are handling their characters well for the LGBT community or do ya think they’ve forced certain moments and characters to be a way they think will make the community happy?
It's always the same with them.

Show one LGBTQ+ character on screen for a second, and boom.

My take from this is to just support LGBTQ+ creators if you want great representation.

osby

Smash Obsessed
last comment of the day will also be a question

do y’all think Marvel and DC are handling their characters well for the LGBT community or do ya think they’ve forced certain moments and characters to be a way they think will make the community happy?

negative examples being Ice Man forced into being gay only for that to quickly change years later, Harley becoming lesbian for the most part while trying to keep the one woman she loves away from her...in favor of Booster Gold (also Green Lantern being kinda forced).

positive examples being Hulkling and Wiccan and for the most part Batwoman
Both Marvel and DC have a lot of great queer characters, they just need to stop throwing them into the cameo hell.

Yeah, forced gays is a thing but so are forced straight characters so I don't see a point in only complaining about one of them.

D

Deleted member

I was just surprised to randomly see Granblue of all things there lol.
I know. I'm not a Granblue player, and I don't really play gacha anymore (I played FEH a long time ago, but I stopped).

There was a user that liked Percival, so that is how I knew about him.

Last edited by a moderator:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

I've gotten a decent amount of work done on DoubloSeadramon. Only issue is I can't think of what to add so it feels overdesigned, like the other golden evolutions in Xros Wars/Fusion. Though I admit ZekeGreymon looks way less overdesigned than MetalGreymon(2010).

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
sephiroth isn't that strong i could easily destroy him
I know right. Dude goes down in one shot from Knights of the Round.

Kingdom Hearts? Dude gets rekt by Final Mix mechanics and has to be succeeded by new bosses.

Wait, hang on, someone's at my door.

Sephiro... oh goood nooooo.

Last edited:

Yashichi

Smash Journeyman
I know right. Dude goes down in one shot from Knights of the Round.

Kingdom Hearts? Dude gets rekt by Final Mix mechanics and has to be succeeded by new bosses.

Wait, hang on, someone's at my door.

Sephiro... oh goood nooooo.
don't know what you're talking about sorry

D

Deleted member

I just did some nice stuff. I beat the game in my hardcore world. I also got twelve shulker boxes, and an elytra. Pretty cool, right? For context, this is my second recent hardcore world that I have beaten. The first one lasted for 359 Minecraft days. I ended up dying to fall damage in the first one. But I have Feather Falling IV on my boots in this hardcore world. I know my home is ugly, but I don't care.

Hi BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII, I'm osby.
Hi osby. I, ShinyLegendary, have a dream.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Seeing how they brought back Tim Roth who was last seen in the 2008 film the Hulk for the upcoming She-Hulk series, I really do hope that they can bring Sam Rockwell's Justin Hammer back possibly for the Armor Wars series and Claudia Kim's Dr. Helen Cho who was last seen in Avengers: Age of Ultron.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I just did some nice stuff. I beat the game in my hardcore world. I also got twelve shulker boxes, and an elytra. Pretty cool, right? For context, this is my second recent hardcore world that I have beaten. The first one lasted for 359 Minecraft days. I ended up dying to fall damage in the first one. But I have Feather Falling IV on my boots in this hardcore world. I know my home is ugly, but I don't care.

Hi osby. I, ShinyLegendary, have a dream.
I have a dream!

And that's to have a dream. Ok overused joke.

D

Deleted member

Thank you for the offer. I might actually take you up on that depending on how things go; would of course be willing to trade an event Pokemon I have in exchange of course. NOA's customer service was very nice during the Piranha Plant giveaway, hopefully TPC will be as well.

I don't do anything with most Legendaries anyway. They just sit in my boxes all day. I still have my Lvl 10 Mew from a 2006 Emerald event at Toys R Us. lol
Thanks for the offer, but I don't need anything in return. I don't have online anyway, so I wouldn't be able to trade.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
OCG Limited/Forbidden List January 1st 2021

FORBIDDEN

Grinder Golem

LIMITED

Red Reboot
Nadir Servant
Dinowrestler Pankratops
Firewall Dragon

SEMI LIMITED

Dewloren, Tiger King of the Ice Barrier
Wind-Up Magician
Junk Speeder
Magical Meltdown
Cursed Eldland

UNLIMITED

Fossil Dig
Tour Guide from the Underworld
Dark Grepher

Firewall Dragon
Link 4 LIGHT Cyberse Link Effect Monster
ATK 2500
Materials: 2+ monsters
You can only use this card name’s (1) and (2) effects once per turn each.
(1) Once while face-up on the field (Quick Effect): You can target monsters on the field and/or GY up to the number of monsters co-linked to this card; return them to the hand.
(2) If a monster this card points to is destroyed by battle or sent to the GY: You can Special Summon 1 Cyberse monster from your hand.

(The bold lettering is the new stuff).

Hell yes. I love it! I can use my Firewall copy later on. I am not surprised either. Vrains needs to actually be something they want to push with dub-wise, so editing one of the most important cards in the anime(it's overstated, but that's what people think is a key card of Yusaku's, so...) will definitely help Vrains in general. I saw a previous fake leak(it had Nadir Servant and Firewall Dragon correct, but that was it). I also saw Dewloren not going to 3... like it should be. Grinder Golem is funny, since it cannot be used with Firewall Dragon anymore. But the card is still really damn good, either way. Plus, it still is two free tokens and a large body depending upon how you do things.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm 4 years deep in Granblue. Of course I'd recognize Percival, one of the most popular guys in the game lol.
I so badly want to make a Vanguard joke over this but I can't think of a good one :nifty:

D

Deleted member

So I'm fighting a level 9 Joker CPU as Steve.

Joker is at 0%, and I have diamond tools.

I jab him, and then when I get to the ledge, I down air him. He just dies. What a moment.

D

Deleted member

OCG Limited/Forbidden List January 1st 2021

FORBIDDEN

Grinder Golem

LIMITED

Red Reboot
Nadir Servant
Dinowrestler Pankratops
Firewall Dragon

SEMI LIMITED

Dewloren, Tiger King of the Ice Barrier
Wind-Up Magician
Junk Speeder
Magical Meltdown
Cursed Eldland

UNLIMITED

Fossil Dig
Tour Guide from the Underworld
Dark Grepher

Firewall Dragon
Link 4 LIGHT Cyberse Link Effect Monster
ATK 2500
Materials: 2+ monsters
You can only use this card name’s (1) and (2) effects once per turn each.
(1) Once while face-up on the field (Quick Effect): You can target monsters on the field and/or GY up to the number of monsters co-linked to this card; return them to the hand.
(2) If a monster this card points to is destroyed by battle or sent to the GY: You can Special Summon 1 Cyberse monster from your hand.

(The bold lettering is the new stuff).

Hell yes. I love it! I can use my Firewall copy later on. I am not surprised either. Vrains needs to actually be something they want to push with dub-wise, so editing one of the most important cards in the anime(it's overstated, but that's what people think is a key card of Yusaku's, so...) will definitely help Vrains in general. I saw a previous fake leak(it had Nadir Servant and Firewall Dragon correct, but that was it). I also saw Dewloren not going to 3... like it should be. Grinder Golem is funny, since it cannot be used with Firewall Dragon anymore. But the card is still really damn good, either way. Plus, it still is two free tokens and a large body depending upon how you do things.
hhhmmm... certainly a more interesting list than what we got over here in the states.
Hopefully that errata also applies here because I never got a chance to play Firewall boy and he would be a huge boon to my Darkfluid turbo deck, if I ever build that again.

The semi-limits are a bit interesting to me because Junk Speeder is generally a first turn synchro into a huge boy(you weren't gonna play any more than 2 anyway) Magical Meltdown, being a field spell, is already super searchable so bringing it down a copy doesn't hurt the engine's consistency too badly, and they hit Eldrich. Finally.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
hhhmmm... certainly a more interesting list than what we got over here in the states.
Hopefully that errata also applies here because I never got a chance to play Firewall boy and he would be a huge boon to my Darkfluid turbo deck, if I ever build that again.

The semi-limits are a bit interesting to me because Junk Speeder is generally a first turn synchro into a huge boy(you weren't gonna play any more than 2 anyway) Magical Meltdown, being a field spell, is already super searchable so bringing it down a copy doesn't hurt the engine's consistency too badly, and they hit Eldrich. Finally.
Junk Speeder was limited earlier, to note.

That said, Firewall won't be unbanned till the erratum is on the website or released.

I also honestly found our list rather fantastic. But to be fair, I really wanted to use my Water.dek, and that requires 3 Toadally Awesome to be remotely competitive, even on a semi level. BA are back at mostly full power(Beatrice is the only one limited), Gishki have all their tools bar One Day of Peace(which is problematic anyway, so they're very playable beyond that), ABC's can play fully again, and True Dracos/Kings finally got thrown a bone. I'd say both lists are pretty good in their own way. Also, I'm now quite sure that REDMD will never move up as long as it can be summoned from the deck or via other card effects in general. It's just too generic and too good at what it does.

D

Deleted member

I've always wondered how well a Yugioh Pauper format would work. It works pretty well in MTG, but I've always been curious to try it in other games.

Like... how does the game play when you remove the high rarities from the equation, and only play with commons and rares?(which, aside from archetype stuff, is mostly pack filler)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom