• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
...yeah...them also
It's always the same with them.

Show one LGBTQ+ character on screen for a second, and boom.

My take from this is to just support LGBTQ+ creators if you want great representation.
I like that idea
Both Marvel and DC have a lot of great queer characters, they just need to stop throwing them into the cameo hell.

Yeah, forced gays is a thing but so are forced straight characters so I don't see a point in only complaining about one of them.
idk how this blew my mind
Pretty much...
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Happy Roth...need
There's multiple Sephiroths?
into the Sephir-Verse

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Nah guys, we get two songs.

One-Winged Angel (Original-MIDI version)

&

One-Winged Angel (Advent Children)

If we're lucky, maybe we get the one from the remake too, or KH.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Well we managed to get eight from Dragon Quest.

So I'm betting four from FF.

One-Winged Angel (Original)

One-Winged Angel (Advent)

J-E-N-O-V-A

And maybe, just maybe - Clash on the Big Bridge

Haha, that probably won't happen.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
I'm just hoping that Tifa gets the mii costume treatment, her design is just so perfect for mii brawler
Would be extra cool if they do what they did with the Akira mii brawler and made her costume all blocky.
I saw Max suggest that Tifa and Barret get Mii costumes that are their blocky FF7 models alongside a blocky Cloud model Swordfighter costume. And yeah, those sound perfect for Mii costumes and as a way of getting Psuedo-Deluxe Mii costumes.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Well we managed to get eight from Dragon Quest.

So I'm betting four from FF.

One-Winged Angel (Original)

One-Winged Angel (Advent)

J-E-N-O-V-A

And maybe, just maybe - Clash on the Big Bridge

Haha, that probably won't happen.
Man, clash on the big bridge would be perfect for smash, don't give me hope.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Wademan94 Wademan94 So, I tried out the current release for Sonic Duel. It's a lot rougher (like, a lot rougher) than the footage of the current build that's in development on the YT channel, but it's a decent enough time for a Smash mod. Out of all the characters I've played so far, Sticks is probably the most broken somehow. Like, I can't believe Sticks of all characters is busted, but she kinda is: Her FSmash is just Link's bow but with tons of knockback.

Super Sonic's also busted too, but IMO he doesn't count 'cause it's Super Sonic, lol.

Dutch Raikuna

So out of curiosity I watched some of the cutscenes of The Last of Us Part II after some convincing from my best friend IRL.

While I still think the game did some real ground breaking stuff thematically I just think it would have been far better a TV series than a game. It's got the type of plot that would have been far better as something like that.

Gameplay department is why I'm was so against it being GOTY, it did nothing in that compared to something like Animal Crossing or Doom Eternal in having a certain spice that makes it standout from the pack. It's just standard Naughty Dog gameplay with no fluidity.

Music, themes and narrative yes but that's it. I think gameplay innovation should be more of a consideration or something the industry hasn't ever attempted before (The one-shot camera in God of War or being able to go literally everywhere on the map in BOTW) just as much as narrative.

Just bursting some thoughts out. I'm not salty but still mixed on the choice.

It's controversial so I'm willing to be torn for it.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I’ve done this before... but **** it. I’ll do it again. Give me your ideal launch lineup for Game Boy/Color Online, Game Boy Advanced online, N64 Online, and GameCube Online. Heck, throw in the Virtual Boy too. Why not.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
D

Deleted member

Steve from Minecraft and Sephiroth from Final Fantasy VII are in Smash Bros.

I wanted to brighten your mood for the day.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
I’ve done this before... but **** it. I’ll do it again. Give me your ideal launch lineup for Game Boy/Color Online, Game Boy Advanced online, N64 Online, and GameCube Online. Heck, throw in the Virtual Boy too. Why not.
Here's mine for the GameCube!
  • Mario Party 4-7
  • Mario Kart: Double Dash!!
  • Mario Sunshine
  • Mario Strikers
  • Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door
  • Luigi's Mansion
  • Wario World
  • Zelda: Twilight Princess
  • Zelda: Wind Waker
  • Kirby Air Ride
  • Metroid Prime
  • Metroid Prime: Echoes
  • Smash Melee
  • Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance
  • F-ZERO GX
  • Pikmin 1 & 2
  • Resident Evil 4
  • Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem
  • Simpsons Hit and Run

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
D

Deleted member

I need to Talk about the first of the three dreams I had last night, because It was seriously intense and Epic. But I'm gonna hide It under a spoiler tag because I have a feeling there Will be a lot of text:

Ok, so the dream starts really normal. I am at the reception of college, about to check my payment. Sadly, It seems that I need to pay 75€ for It (the most unrealistic part of the dream) and I have two weeks. I think to myself "no big deal, I get a temporal job at that one comic book store and get the 75€ in the first week".
There's a quick montage and all of me working there and I go out with the 75€.

Suddenly, the TV on a bar nearby starts showing the news: "We have last hour news. The world has entered a crisis, and the biggest Powerhouses in the world are in need of money. There have been really recent reports that a 19 years old boy from the Canary Islands has become the only person in the world with 75€.
It then cuts to an interview with Mario saying "You know how much-a money I have lost from getting attacked by everyone-a? I'm gonna get dat Jaydee (everyone but my IRL friends call me like that in the dream) and take those 75€ no matter the cost-a".
I get very scared, but then I think to myself "nah, It shouldn't be a big deal".

So I take a van driven by John Wick, and we go direction to college (which for some reason was at the south of the island in my dream). We get to around a part in the desert when suddenly we get attacked by military jets and a tank. They turn out to be the Decepticons, and Megatron comes in saying while trying to shoot the van "WHEN I GET THOSE 75€, CYBERTRON WILL SHINE BACK TO GREATNESS, HUAHAHA!".
The van gets shot and derails off the track, but somehow I survive and find at some kilometers away a really Big hotel with a cantine, so I get there walking while the Decepticons are distracted looking for my body and the 75€.

I get inside the big hotel and go to the cantine, I see Jonesy, Ash Williams and Sephiroth drinking Coke and making bets about the Game Awards, while Batman and Superman are sitting somewhere else doing a Super Café skit. Sephiroth notices me and asks me to sit with them.
He tells me "I'm not here to kill you because unlike the rest of this world I don't really need those 75€, but I must tell you that if you really wanna get through this big mess, you will seriously have to fight for It", to which Jonesy replies "I bet my Smash Bros Game Awards reveal that he doesn't make It out Alive" to which Ash Williams replies "don't be so confident Fortnite-boy".

Suddenly Tifa, Aerith and Barret enter the cantine, but they aren't the FFVII versions, instead the Machinabridged ones. Tifa is all like "Yo, where the hell is that boy!? I need those 75€ to rebuild that goddam pinball machine!!", to which Aerith replies "how are we gonna make him give the 75€ out?" and Barret replies "by killing him". Aerith says "but killing is bad =(" to which Tifa replies "is there any better alternative in a world where the global economy relies on a freaking 19 years old with 75€!!!??" and Aerith says "... Idk".

Sephiroth asks me to remain well hidden, as he feels their plan may easily backfire without me doing anything. I don't remember what happens Next, but at one point Tifa says "You know... Transformers 2 was actually a good movie if you ask me" to which the entire cantine replies with a face of disgust and start going berserk over It. Ash Williams tells me "aprovecha el bug Jaydee" (which is an expression online to basically say Carpe Diem) so I sneak outside the cantina, and notice that there's a metro station which leads to the college directly.

The scene then cuts out to my IRL friends alongside Noipoi Noipoi and osby osby (I recognized them because Noipoi had blue hair and my friends constantly refered to them as the Smashboards guys) talking at college about how scared they are regarding my situation and praying that somehow I make It out alive. They were eating a pepperonni pizza and really far away, my college stalker was listening, and giving out an Evil look.

So then we cut back to me, and I'm finally at the metro station. I order a ticket for college and then I just have to wait until the Train arrives. Suddenly I hear some Wild West music and the stalker appears, claiming she is gonna get Revenge on me or something like that. I then reply "What are you gonna do? Release the goddam Phantom Thieves on me!?" an suddenly the lyricless version of Life Will Change starts playing and would you know, the freaking Phantom Thieves appear and start trying to unleash their Personas on me.
Ann says "when we get those 75€, we will be able to eat at that expensive restaurant again", and Morgana continues that by saying "...and we will eat more of that delicious shushi!".
So I'm there, trying to dodge everything the Phantom Thieves throw at me, while Morgana is trying to get into my face to Scratch It entirely.
I run and run, until finally my train arrives.
I do some Matrix **** to dodge everything, and soon I am inside the Train. I get inside, my stalker looks with anger and the Phantom Thieves get sad while I look at them and Scream "SEE YA NEVER LOSERS!"

Finally, I arrive to college. My friends, Osby and Noipoi come to me and they all hug me together. I thank them all for being there hoping the best for me, and I decide to take that day free to relax from all the chaos by sleeping and all as I still had three days left. I drink with my friends and the other two and tell funny stories.

I wake up the next day, and I accidentally get the wrong building for the payment, so I go out and get moving to the right one. Suddenly, a lot of smoke starts surrounding the buildings... And all of sudden we are in Hoth.

At-Ats are approaching the buildings, shooting and everything. I try to sneak into the right building... Until I hear Darth Vader's breath. It then cuts out to a 1st person view from Darth Vader's eyes with the red filter and all, having a heat vision with which he locates me. I try to run away but suddenly Han Solo makes the pount I'm in get noticed with a blaster shot, to which Darth Vader reacts with a Metal Gear Solid exclamation.

Suddenly, Duel Of Fates starts playing intensely, Darth Vader uses the force to lift Up half of the buildings and throws them all at me. Somehow I survive It all by pulling some Uncharted 4 and Spider-Man PS4-level stunts. At one point, I finally find myself inside the building, the receptionist is there with a look of having seen wars in front of her eyes.

I say to her "your honor, here's the payment for the college bill". She takes the 75€ still with that look and gives me the papers. I come out from the building while a Victorious fanfare plays with everyone looking in shock.

And then the dream ends with Jonesy having that genuine shock look, and Sephiroth saying "so, about that Smash Bros reveal at the Game Awards", and after that I woke up in the middle of the night.

So yeah, if any of you decide to read all of this, let me know what your favourite part of the dream was.

And no, I'm not writing the other two dreams.

Dutch Raikuna

Well that's a bit disappointing demo wise. Still gonna get it though.

I need to Talk about the first of the three dreams I had last night, because It was seriously intense and Epic. But I'm gonna hide It under a spoiler tag because I have a feeling there Will be a lot of text:

Ok, so the dream starts really normal. I am at the reception of college, about to check my payment. Sadly, It seems that I need to pay 75€ for It (the most unrealistic part of the dream) and I have two weeks. I think to myself "no big deal, I get a temporal job at that one comic book store and get the 75€ in the first week".
There's a quick montage and all of me working there and I go out with the 75€.

Suddenly, the TV on a bar nearby starts showing the news: "We have last hour news. The world has entered a crisis, and the biggest Powerhouses in the world are in need of money. There have been really recent reports that a 19 years old boy from the Canary Islands has become the only person in the world with 75€.
It then cuts to an interview with Mario saying "You know how much-a money I have lost from getting attacked by everyone-a? I'm gonna get dat Jaydee (everyone but my IRL friends call me like that in the dream) and take those 75€ no matter the cost-a".
I get very scared, but then I think to myself "nah, It shouldn't be a big deal".

So I take a van driven by John Wick, and we go direction to college (which for some reason was at the south of the island in my dream). We get to around a part in the desert when suddenly we get attacked by military jets and a tank. They turn out to be the Decepticons, and Megatron comes in saying while trying to shoot the van "WHEN I GET THOSE 75€, CYBERTRON WILL SHINE BACK TO GREATNESS, HUAHAHA!".
The van gets shot and derails off the track, but somehow I survive and find at some kilometers away a really Big hotel with a cantine, so I get there walking while the Decepticons are distracted looking for my body and the 75€.

I get inside the big hotel and go to the cantine, I see Jonesy, Ash Williams and Sephiroth drinking Coke and making bets about the Game Awards, while Batman and Superman are sitting somewhere else doing a Super Café skit. Sephiroth notices me and asks me to sit with them.
He tells me "I'm not here to kill you because unlike the rest of this world I don't really need those 75€, but I must tell you that if you really wanna get through this big mess, you will seriously have to fight for It", to which Jonesy replies "I bet my Smash Bros Game Awards reveal that he doesn't make It out Alive" to which Ash Williams replies "don't be so confident Fortnite-boy".

Suddenly Tifa, Aerith and Barret enter the cantine, but they aren't the FFVII versions, instead the Machinabridged ones. Tifa is all like "Yo, where the hell is that boy!? I need those 75€ to rebuild that goddam pinball machine!!", to which Aerith replies "how are we gonna make him give the 75€ out?" and Barret replies "by killing him". Aerith says "but killing is bad =(" to which Tifa replies "is there any better alternative in a world where the global economy relies on a freaking 19 years old with 75€!!!??" and Aerith says "... Idk".

Sephiroth asks me to remain well hidden, as he feels their plan may easily backfire without me doing anything. I don't remember what happens Next, but at one point Tifa says "You know... Transformers 2 was actually a good movie if you ask me" to which the entire cantine replies with a face of disgust and start going berserk over It. Ash Williams tells me "aprovecha el bug Jaydee" (which is an expression online to basically say Carpe Diem) so I sneak outside the cantina, and notice that there's a metro station which leads to the college directly.

The scene then cuts out to my IRL friends alongside Noipoi Noipoi and osby osby (I recognized them because Noipoi had blue hair and my friends constantly refered to them as the Smashboards guys) talking at college about how scared they are regarding my situation and praying that somehow I make It out alive. They were eating a pepperonni pizza and really far away, my college stalker was listening, and giving out an Evil look.

So then we cut back to me, and I'm finally at the metro station. I order a ticket for college and then I just have to wait until the Train arrives. Suddenly I hear some Wild West music and the stalker appears, claiming she is gonna get Revenge on me or something like that. I then reply "What are you gonna do? Release the goddam Phantom Thieves on me!?" an suddenly the lyricless version of Life Will Change starts playing and would you know, the freaking Phantom Thieves appear and start trying to unleash their Personas on me.
Ann says "when we get those 75€, we will be able to eat at that expensive restaurant again", and Morgana continues that by saying "...and we will eat more of that delicious shushi!".
So I'm there, trying to dodge everything the Phantom Thieves throw at me, while Morgana is trying to get into my face to Scratch It entirely.
I run and run, until finally my train arrives.
I do some Matrix **** to dodge everything, and soon I am inside the Train. I get inside, my stalker looks with anger and the Phantom Thieves get sad while I look at them and Scream "SEE YA NEVER LOSERS!"

Finally, I arrive to college. My friends, Osby and Noipoi come to me and they all hug me together. I thank them all for being there hoping the best for me, and I decide to take that day free to relax from all the chaos by sleeping and all as I still had three days left. I drink with my friends and the other two and tell funny stories.

I wake up the next day, and I accidentally get the wrong building for the payment, so I go out and get moving to the right one. Suddenly, a lot of smoke starts surrounding the buildings... And all of sudden we are in Hoth.

At-Ats are approaching the buildings, shooting and everything. I try to sneak into the right building... Until I hear Darth Vader's breath. It then cuts out to a 1st person view from Darth Vader's eyes with the red filter and all, having a heat vision with which he locates me. I try to run away but suddenly Han Solo makes the pount I'm in get noticed with a blaster shot, to which Darth Vader reacts with a Metal Gear Solid exclamation.

Suddenly, Duel Of Fates starts playing intensely, Darth Vader uses the force to lift Up half of the buildings and throws them all at me. Somehow I survive It all by pulling some Uncharted 4 and Spider-Man PS4-level stunts. At one point, I finally find myself inside the building, the receptionist is there with a look of having seen wars in front of her eyes.

I say to her "your honor, here's the payment for the college bill". She takes the 75€ still with that look and gives me the papers. I come out from the building while a Victorious fanfare plays with everyone looking in shock.

And then the dream ends with Jonesy having that genuine shock look, and Sephiroth saying "so, about that Smash Bros reveal at the Game Awards", and after that I woke up in the middle of the night.

So yeah, if any of you decide to read all of this, let me know what your favourite part of the dream was.

And no, I'm not writing the other two dreams.
Oh, if I could tell you the dream I had last night. Probably the weirdest dream in years so I probably be labelled as insane if I told it.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I had a dream where they revealed a new Pokemon Mystery Dungeon game for the 3DS, which also had a lot of new Gigantamax forms for some reason. They were...

• Meganium
  • Typhlosion (I remember this one a bit, it had a coat made of fire)
  • Feraligatr
  • Ho-Oh
  • Lugia
  • Heatran
  • Golbat (I also remember this one, it had the massive tounge from the old sprite)
  • Crabrawler

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
So out of curiosity I watched some of the cutscenes of The Last of Us Part II after some convincing from my best friend IRL.

While I still think the game did some real ground breaking stuff thematically I just think it would have been far better a TV series than a game. It's got the type of plot that would have been far better as something like that.

Gameplay department is why I'm was so against it being GOTY, it did nothing in that compared to something like Animal Crossing or Doom Eternal in having a certain spice that makes it standout from the pack. It's just standard Naughty Dog gameplay with no fluidity.

Music, themes and narrative yes but that's it. I think gameplay innovation should be more of a consideration or something the industry hasn't ever attempted before (The one-shot camera in God of War or being able to go literally everywhere on the map in BOTW) just as much as narrative.

Just bursting some thoughts out. I'm not salty but still mixed on the choice.

It's controversial so I'm willing to be torn for it.
I'm half convinced Naughty dog just kinda pays off award shows.

I've played a few Naughty dog games but none of their modern games really deserve the high praise they get. Yeah maybe they are decent, as movies. But the gameplay feels so bare bones that i just don't feel they deserve to be in the same conversation as other games.

Dutch Raikuna

I'm half convinced Naughty dog just kinda pays off award shows.

I've played a few Naughty dog games but none of their modern games really deserve the high praise they get. Yeah maybe they are decent, as movies. But the gameplay feels so bare bones that i just don't feel they deserve to be in the same conversation as other games.
Pretty much and this is coming from someone who would say that Uncharted 2 is one of my favourite games of all time. Outside of that their Last of Us/Uncharted duo are just pretty weak gameplay wise. It does the job but nothing to really standout, except maybe animation work of their PS4 games.

They contain some of the best acting, narrative and music in the industry. It's just converted into the wrong medium is what I believe.

One of my Sumi statues that I ordered and paid for months ago finally came in:

Someday I'll hopefully have a Joker to go alongside her but it's not going to be anytime soon.
I thought I had seen art, until this. Also your camera is fine, mines is just as ****.

How much did that set you back?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom