• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroob

Sup?
I'd suggest Zombieland Saga but I don't think the mighty spud's sense of humor would be keen on it.

Or maybe it would?

It's a very awkward but fun humor, and very heartwarming.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Idk, slice of lives are pretty neat. Coming around to like them quite a bit.
Well, Weekly Shonen Jump has Blue Box (which doesn't have an anime yet, but still...) and Young Jump has Kubo Won't Let me Be Invisible which is getting an anime. There's also Akebi's Sailor Uniform from Tonari no Young Jump :yoshi:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Me reading this knowing damn well I'm not gonna get around to like 90% of these reccomendations (I procrastinate a lot and am also a busy guy).

With that said tho... I do wanna look at Made in Abyss and the show Knight Dude's promptimh.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Me reading this knowing damn well I'm not gonna get around to like 90% of these reccomendations (I procrastinate a lot and am also a busy guy).

With that said tho... I do wanna look at Made in Abyss and the show Knight Dude's promptimh.

1653804072159.png

Ya got big ka-hones, my friend.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I said I would before and it sounds interesting.

But from what I read up idk if that's a show that I wanna watch before I sleep.
What do you mean? It's just a really cute and wholesome show about friends exploring nature together, nothing scary about it.

osby

Smash Obsessed
DAILY DEMON SHOWCASE

This showcase's demon is of the Genma race:

1653834573327.png

“I am Genma Ictinike. I have done my share of mischief, but I can’t be bested in battle...”

Alignment: Light-Chaos

Origin: Lakota mythology. A spider-trickster spirit and cultural hero of the North American folklore. He was originally a deity of wisdom called Ksa who invented language, stories, names, and games before his actions made him cast away from the feasts of gods. Ictinike is skilled at controlling people with his strings, changing gods with potions, and playing tricks on them. But sometimes he helps humanity by giving them the means to protect themselves.

Skills: Damascus Claw, Mazionga, Sukunda, Fang Breaker

Next time, you will meet a demon of the Brute race.

Ictinike is also known as Iktómi, Ikto, Inktomi, and Unktomi, due to his fame in many different tribes. Aside from a spider, he can also take the shape of a man wearing red, yellow, and white paint, which is reflected in his design. His compendium entries do a good job at describing his legend and he overall resembles his artistic depictions superficially… but I think his design leaves a little to be desired. The avian warrior look is cool but I wouldn’t mind something that shows off his trickster qualities better.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
I got a hot take™️

The new Mario Striker's animations are more visually interesting than the OG games thanks to the amazing usage of sqaush'n stretch and more varied expressions and emotions than "RAAAAAAAAAA ANGERY"

Also,

Anyone who dislikes groovin' DK and Flamenco Waluigi is automatically wrong, so :039:

Real talk, like what ya wanna like, but you can't deny they did a really nice job here.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I got a hot take™️

The new Mario Striker's animations are more visually interesting than the OG games thanks to the amazing usage of sqaush'n stretch and more varied expressions and emotions than "RAAAAAAAAAA ANGERY"

Also,

Anyone who dislikes groovin' DK and Flamenco Waluigi is automatically wrong, so :039:

Real talk, like what ya wanna like, but you can't deny they did a really nice job here.
Id rather have peach control her emotions then have to see her have a ****ing temper tantrum yelling at teammates like a baby

MooMew64

Id rather have peach control her emotions then have to see her have a ****ing temper tantrum yelling at teammates like a baby
People are saying "less personality" when I'm like dude, having everyone in the game being angry 100% of the time and being a jerk to your teammates isn't having personality, that's called stuffing the whole cast into one singular trope lol.

Like, for real, they have more personality now that they don't just default to 5-year old temper tantrum. The animation Rosalina has when you score a goal against her is amazing: She's not outwardly upset, but DANG does it give off a silent fury type. The way she just stares at the goal for a second, and then you can see her form a scowl and slowly turn away? Amazing.

AND THEY MADE LUIGI SO CUTE IN THIS GAME, HOW COULD ANYONE HATE THIS, HE'S ADORABLE:

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
People are saying "less personality" when I'm like dude, having everyone in the game being angry 100% of the time and being a jerk to your teammates isn't having personality, that's called stuffing the whole cast into one singular trope lol.

Like, for real, they have more personality now that they don't just default to 5-year old temper tantrum. The animation Rosalina has when you score a goal against her is amazing: She's not outwardly upset, but DANG does it give off a silent fury type. The way she just stares at the goal for a second, and then you can see her form a scowl and slowly turn away? Amazing.

AND THEY MADE LUIGI SO CUTE IN THIS GAME, HOW COULD ANYONE HATE THIS, HE'S ADORABLE:

Thats the funny part, Luigi has always been adorable. And as for Rosalina, that is the most pissed off Ive ever seen her and its amazing

MooMew64

Thats the funny part, Luigi has always been adorable. And as for Rosalina, that is the most pissed off Ive ever seen her and its amazing
Honest to goodness they nailed it with every character in this game and it's so full of life, I truly don't see anything wrong with it. Like, look at Waluigi here:

Web capture_29-5-2022_11313_www.youtube.com.jpeg

This is the greatest Waluigi still we've ever gotten and no one can convince me otherwise, this is the pure D. ('cause Smashboards won't let me say '****' lol) Dastardly energy I've come to expect from the character. He's literally a Saturday morning mustache twirling villain, I love it.

Then again, I wasn't bothered by Switch Sports' new avatars replacing the Miis either, so maybe I just don't get it. :drshrug:

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Haven't seen a whole bunch of Mario Strikers: Battle League yet, but I have seen some of the animations. With both this game's depiction of the cast, and Luigi's Mansion 3's depiction of the cast... I don't think it'd be unfair to say the Mario cast is more interesting when Nintendo isn't handling them. /hj

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom