• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
As much as I love the Sonic movies, I wish they’d use actual Sonic music. More than a Green Hill reference here and there.

The actual movie soundtracks are rather forgettable.
Aside from Green Hill, the only one they used was HyperPotion's song from Mania which ironically was used in Green Hill Zone, but yeah I agree. Tbh, I can't even remember the main theme from Sonic 1, I can remember Cudi's though. Kinda dissappointing 2 didn't have really anything regarding Sonic music which is wierd because it had Sonic everything else.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Hollywood is too scared to give their movies actual music, so instead, we have to hear the 3,000,000,000th rendition of orchestral ambiance noise with the occasional action/drama stinger.
There’s some good ass composers out there, though. Honestly some of my favorite music is orchestral scores, though that’s probably because I’m ****ing weird.

But instead of getting a Hanz Zimmer or a John Powell, they just opted for generic brand music.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Every movies using some generic forgettable orchestra is somehow all Marvel's fault.

Now back to Sonic, tbh I don't kind the fact that they don't use Sonic music but it's more of the fact that the music they do use just don't fit Sonic. Like Sonic 2 uses Uptown Funk which is perfect for Sonic and truly encapsulates how fun the series is, but when it came to say Sonic and Tails being chased by Eggman and Knuckles via snowboarding, it's a generic orchestra instead of soemthing reminiscent of both IceCaps.

Or take this scene

When Knuckes and Sonic fight, it starts off as a generic orchestra score, but then when Sonic does the Drop Dash on Knuckles, it turns into an upbeat dubstep theme, which imo SHOULD have been the theme from the start (it fits Sonic so much more), but then it goes back to the generic orchestra.

Again, this is all Marvel's fault.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Apparently, he's a tank class character.

Meaning that he'll fight but probably focus on defending his teammate which still fits him.
Since this is a team based game, I think how the Iron Giant could work is that he’ll only gain access to his deadly weapons if his teammate gets KOed, but if his teammate returns to the field, the Giant’s weapons have friendly fire so they’ll need to come in contact with him to return him back to normal

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
The Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers movie is getting some really high praise it seems. There’s also apparently a wild cameo that people are gonna love but is completely left field.

So who is it?

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
There’s some good ass composers out there, though. Honestly some of my favorite music is orchestral scores, though that’s probably because I’m ****ing weird.

But instead of getting a Hanz Zimmer or a John Powell, they just opted for generic brand music.
I adore orchestral scores, it's just they need more substance than some "bmmmmmmmmm" noises and calling it a day.

Side note:

Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! TheMightyP TheMightyP

yeah so this is a thing now

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
MonsterVerse has some pretty good soundtrack tbh.

Skull Island main theme, G14's main theme, Old Rivals, Rodan's theme, Serizawa's sacrifice, Battle at Boston, Tasman Sea, Hong Kong.

Could of course just be bias given I'm a kaiju fanatic.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Given Roger Rabbit shown in the Chip n Dale Rescue Rangers trailer, anyone think its set in the same universe as that film?

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Every movies using some generic forgettable orchestra is somehow all Marvel's fault.

Now back to Sonic, tbh I don't kind the fact that they don't use Sonic music but it's more of the fact that the music they do use just don't fit Sonic. Like Sonic 2 uses Uptown Funk which is perfect for Sonic and truly encapsulates how fun the series is, but when it came to say Sonic and Tails being chased by Eggman and Knuckles via snowboarding, it's a generic orchestra instead of soemthing reminiscent of both IceCaps.

Or take this scene

When Knuckes and Sonic fight, it starts off as a generic orchestra score, but then when Sonic does the Drop Dash on Knuckles, it turns into an upbeat dubstep theme, which imo SHOULD have been the theme from the start (it fits Sonic so much more), but then it goes back to the generic orchestra.

Again, this is all Marvel's fault.
Ironically, that song is FROM a Marvel flick, specifically Ant Man and the Wasp.

I see what you’re saying though, as much as I like Junkie’s stuff, would’ve been nice to see some oomph put into the soundtrack. I think someone like Daniel Pemberton (Spiderverse) or Bear McCreary could’ve done the soundtrack more justice

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Currently contemplating between going to bed and binge-reading the 9 chapters I have left before I catch up with One Piece

Either way I don't think I'll be able to sleep if I wake up in the middle of the night since my brain is currently on a leave, there's only One Piece

Noipoi

Howdy!
Currently contemplating between going to bed and binge-reading the 9 chapters I have left before I catch up with One Piece

Either way I don't think I'll be able to sleep if I wake up in the middle of the night since my brain is currently on a leave, there's only One Piece
Go to bed. And if you really can't sleep-

YA-YO YA-YO

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom