• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
TheMightyP TheMightyP

Mighty

Mighty the Forces kids are trying to say Forces has more "soul" (whatever that means) than the new Mario Strikers.

And the Mario Boomers are agreeing.

Mighty.

Mighty help me.
Sonic Fans have buyers remorse. This was suppossed to be a war scene
20220516_153654.jpg

Forces is old news tho, the fanbase shouldn't keep bringing it up but Origins isn't doing much favors to stop that because SEGA moment.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Gay people be like: Man, why couldn't the be gay?
Straight people be like: Um, not everything has to be gay 🙄🙄🙄

And I'm here like: When's Le Epic Gamer Love movie for thy epic GAMERS? I love GAMING
What's killing me is the people going "ugh, another straight romance" when there is nothing indicating that the movie will be a straight romance.

Not every movie featuring a man and a woman is inherently romantic and the kicker is that assuming that they are is extremely heteronormative.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Sonic Fans have buyers remorse. This was suppossed to be a war scene
View attachment 352656

Forces is old news tho, the fanbase shouldn't keep bringing it up but Origins isn't doing much favors to stop that because SEGA moment.
Bruh, people are looking at that Waluigi chicken dance animation and saying the game is "too safe and boring, zero charm smh".

Nintendo fans and Sonic fans are why we can't have nice things, TTYD and Strikers Charged were the worst things to ever happen to Mario, and Sonic fans need to let Forces go, even 06 discourse would be more original at this point.

I hate Twitter.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Bruh, people are looking at that Waluigi chicken dance animation and saying the game is "too safe and boring, zero charm smh".

Nintendo fans and Sonic fans are why we can't have nice things, TTYD and Strikers Charged were the worst things to ever happen to Mario, and Sonic fans need to let Forces go, even 06 discourse would be more original at this point.

I hate Twitter.
You don't understand Nyan, the people demand an accurate depiction of Waluigi as sourced by the best news site available Hard Drive. Anything lesser than the truth is Weenie Hut Jr material

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Just gonna say this, the Lego movies created under WB are still owned by WB. Only future Lego movies are Universal.
Yeah but iirc the rights to Emmet the character belong to Universal. It's a similar deal with Banjo and Nintendo, the publishing rights of the first (non relreleased) Banjo games stay with Nintendo but any future usage of Banjo requires Microsoft's input
What's killing me is the people going "ugh, another straight romance" when there is nothing indicating that the movie will be a straight romance.

Not every movie featuring a man and a woman is inherently romantic and the kicker is that assuming that they are is extremely heteronormative.
Tbh, I feel that's more on Disney if anything considering the heteronormativity of a lot of their movies and their recentish controversy. Like I can't blame people for thinking that.

I hate Twitter.
I simply stay on the good and friendly parts of Twitter like Pokemon Twitter

Last edited:

MooMew64

No

It’s too early

I’m not ready for the rise of the Forces kids

I thought I had years to prepare

View attachment 352658

I’m not ready
They're here in droves, man, and they're invading every single dang game discourse.

New/old Sonic topic? FORCES WAS GOOD ACTUALLY

Mario? SOULESS, CORPORATE TRASH: FORCES LITERALLY GOATED

If no Nintendo fans or Sonic fans like the content I put out in the future, I'll know my takes must be good, 'cause hot dang with all due respect to agree to disagree, most Nintendo fans and Sonic fans be the champions of Ls rn.

what's left of my sanity is leaving

i thought Smash ending would be freedom

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
1. RIP to that Smash Music Playlist on YT that had every song from Ultimate on it.

2. Me beating 9 other people in Smash Bros tonight at a community centre thing like:

anime-smileaaa nk.gif

"I know Smash Bros."

3. Yous all should play The Outer Worlds. A gentle reminder that this scares people here:
Spacers1.JPG

SPACER'S CHOICE!

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Well since we're on this, let's speed the process up:
Skyward Sword was an underrated masterpiece. BOTW is ass.

SWSH was underrated. ScarVio is ass.
Legends Arceus was never good.

People hated Color Splash but looking at Origami King (sucks ass) it may have been hella underrated and secretly the best game of all time.

Actually the latest Marvel Movie was bad. Look ad Zack Synder, now he can make a Super Hero movie.

Why Forces Rules and Colors Drools!

#DOWNWITHMARIOMANDATES

KH4 is gonna be good, unlike KH3 (worst game ever! ...wait people actually like that one?

MooMew64

I have no comment (cause I haven't played) but I gotta say, aestetic wise I think it's a step down for half the words but a step up for the other half.

Sora's model though... eugh. It's the hair.
IMO the only bad worlds are the Frozen world because it's uninteresting visually and gameplaywise (no, not just because it's Frozen), and San Fransokyo because my WORD did the drop the ball hard on like, everything in that world.

Tangled World is pretty good. Has its lows but it feels like a very KH1 style world.

Pixar worlds and PotC worlds are contender for best worlds in the series IMO.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
San Fransokyo because my WORD did the drop the ball hard on like, everything in that world.
If it means more of the goth motorcyclist I'll bear it.

But seriously the Pixar Worlds look great, like the Toy Story one looks like it's straight from the movie, and Monsters Inc gave us the hilariois door scene. Can't speak on the rest.
People actually like video games?
No

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I am losing my ****ing mind.

Also, as Ramen said, my AMA is now up! This should be fun, haha.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Yeah but iirc the rights to Emmet the character belong to Universal. It's a similar deal with Banjo and Nintendo, the publishing rights of the first (non relreleased) Banjo games stay with Nintendo but any future usage of Banjo requires Microsoft's input
Apologies for the late reply.

Before I begin, note that I am not talking about The Lego Batman Movie. That one is obviously staying with Warner Bros. Same with the cameos from other WB properties such as the Matrix.

From the various articles I read concerning the sale, the original characters of the films (such as Emmet and Wyldstyle) are still WB property. This article from Deadline around the time the deal was being finalized mentions how the characters of The Lego Movie would stay with Warner Bros.

Banjo is not really comparable. While Nintendo did publish Kazooie and Tooie they sold all Banjo rights to Microsoft in exchange for the characters from Donkey Kong and Star Fox that Rare created (except the Diddy Kong racing drivers not named Diddy Kong or Krunch). As a result Nintendo does not need consulted if the first two Banjo games get rereleased.

MooMew64

I am losing my ****ing mind.

Also, as Ramen said, my AMA is now up! This should be fun, haha.
I mean

the song fits modern day, commercialized Christmas. :4wario2:

also this has been in my recommended for months and I only just now watched it

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......

Just a casual reminder of how Only My Railgun is one of the best anime OPs of all time.

And to show that playing as Mikoto Misaka in Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax is one of the main reasons why I'm a weeb now.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Tbh, I feel that's more on Disney if anything considering the heteronormativity of a lot of their movies and their recentish controversy. Like I can't blame people for thinking that.
Disney is a horrible campany, sure. But Pixar movies rarely focus and romance and a lot of Disney movies lately have placed emphasis on male/female romance.

Teaching children that yes boys and girls can be friends is very important in a world that constantly tries to teach them otherwise and there is no good reason to erase that. These people saw a man and a woman - fictional or otherwise - made assumptions about their orientations and relationship and, in this case, got mad over it.

I actually have a lot of baggage on this topic at it legit makes me furious. Don't get me started on how this ties into amatonormativity and aphobia.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Disney is a horrible campany, sure. But Pixar movies rarely focus and romance and a lot of Disney movies lately have placed emphasis on male/female romance.

Teaching children that yes boys and girls can be friends is very important in a world that constantly tries to teach them otherwise and there is no good reason to erase that. These people saw a man and a woman - fictional or otherwise - made assumptions about their orientations and relationship and, in this case, got mad over it.

I actually have a lot of baggage on this topic at it legit makes me furious. Don't get me started on how this ties into amatonormativity and aphobia.
I see what you mean. Now I'm also not gonna jump to conclusions and I personally think it would be neat if it was just a platonic friendship, but idk what Pixar's gonna do. I have doubts they're gonna be in a relationship and maybe it's gonna be a anti-racism and yet pro-cop metaphor like Zootopia.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Was watching a clips of a stream showing off upcoming fighters for PMEX Remix (Incineroar, King K. Rool, and Alucard) and I saw this

View attachment 352643

There's no way this is what the roster count will turn out

Here the vid if curious
I think they addressed it earlier in the video. They aren't planning on filling this out (at least any time this decade), they just leave the placeholder slots for testing or something.

That being said, PMEX already has an insane roster so it's not a huge loss.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Top 15 most wanted fighters for MultiVersus in alphabetical order:

-Austin Powers (Assassin Class)
-**** Dastardly & Muttley (Mage/Ranged Class)
-Green Lantern (Mage/Ranged Class)
-Ice Bear (Assassin Class)
-Lion-O (Bruiser Class)
-The Mask (Mage/Ranged Class)
-Quick Draw McGraw (Mage/Ranged Class)
-Rosie the Robot (Support Class)
-Samurai Jack (Assassin Class)
-Scorpion (Assassin Class)
-Snow Miser (Mage/Ranged Class)
-Steve Urkel (Support Class)
-Top Cat (Bruiser Class)
-Willy Wonka (Mage/Ranged Class)

I mean I’d also like Daffy, Fred Flintstone, Yogi, though I wanted to go for more less safe picks

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280

I know you meant this in a non-romantic sense, but this reminds me of when the Loki show was airing and people were mad that he wasn't being depicted as "bi enough". Bisexuals are still bi when dating someone not of their gender (especially when that person is also bi). I get why they're mad (Marvel still doesn't have much LGBT rep), but I really don't think the show would be better if he made out with Owen Wilson halfway through.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom