• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Mojang fell off when they let Dream stans rig mob votes and sent Mooblooms to the shadow realm, so this news is hardly surprising.

Eh, they'll be modded back in by tomorrow. :drshrug:

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Mojang fell off when they let Dream stans rig mob votes and sent Mooblooms to the shadow realm, so this news is hardly surprising.

I was a Glow Squid supporter from Day 1, none of this Dream business involved

Glow Squid was the best Squid
Me who wanted the Iceologer.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
MooMew64 MooMew64

We're losing it

MooMew64

MooMew64 MooMew64

We're losing it
FSfKKNzakAAxG3w.jpg

i am suffering

MooMew64

Geoff needs to come in clutch and give us Frontiers news now I can't take this anymore
You were joking about making a "react to Sonic fanbase cringe" video, but dang, I kinda could right now: These peeps making it easy.

Like, I can respect other people's opinions, and while I respectfully disagree with this person, holy crud, that entire thread is composed of pure, unfiltered bad takium. Like, this is legit the worst Sonic take I've ever heard in my life: Not even Sonic Genesis boomers have this take. Not even the GameGrumps crowd would have this take. This is just a massive L, especially blatantly and disengeniously calling the game's stage design "lazy".

Guess its GGs with the Pokemon fans, we finally found a way to go lower. Only way PokeTwitter could one up us is if Gen 5 slander starts back up.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
You were joking about making a "react to Sonic fanbase cringe" video, but dang, I kinda could right now: These peeps making it easy.

Like, I can respect other people's opinions, and while I respectfully disagree with this person, holy crud, that entire thread is composed of pure, unfiltered bad takium. Like, this is legit the worst Sonic take I've ever heard in my life: Not even Sonic Genesis boomers have this take. Not even the GameGrumps crowd would have this take. This is just a massive L, especially blatantly and disengeniously calling the game's stage design "lazy".

Guess its GGs with the Pokemon fans, we finally found a way to go lower. Only way PokeTwitter could one up us is if Gen 5 slander starts back up.
PokeTwitter should skip that and go straight into the Legends Arceus is bad actually takes

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
i'm bored i'm going to argue with michael the spikester
So let me get this straight?
Despite the title, it's more of a Scarlet Witch movie, said movie reducing its title character to literally a sidekick. If this was the case why not call it Scarlet Witch in the Multiverse of Madness?
Most of the movie has Strange running away or getting his ass kicked needing America Chezez's help.
Tries to make Wanda sympathetic and all she did in Wandavision was forgiven with Strange saying "You did the right thing" despite all the murders and mentally brainwashing that town she committed that likely left the town traumatized?
Her reason for the way she is in this movie is to get her kids back which clearly never existed to begin with. If she's so desperate to be a mother, why not go to a universe where she died to get kids she had, get laid which shouldn't be hard given how attractive and sexy she is or get some eggs injected into her to get pregnant (Can't remember what that's called) or given how OP of a reality warper she is just creating them materialized out of thin air.
America Cherez's loses her parents because she gets scared be a bee? A BEE!?
Despite being called In the Multiverse of Madness, at most they travel to 2 universes. What a waste...

What is this bull****!? Damn MCU you really dropped the ball here with your writing.
1: I would say that it's very much a doctor strange movie. It's an exploration of the character, how even across the multiverse he's always similar. He always wants to "hold the knife", making risky plays to get the best outcome. He never gets in a relationship with Christine, and he almost always gets tempted by darkness. Even the What If Doctor Strange is the exact same. Narratively, he's also pretty motivated. He's the one to take out Shuma in the beginning, and teaches Chavez how to multiverse-hop at the end. The only thing he isn't particularly involved in is stopping Wanda, but I don't really think that he needed to be there. It continues the theme of Dormammu, where he stops an antagonist much stronger than himself via outsmarting them, not via simple strength. Plus, it's a powerful character moment for her, i don't think a zombie doctor strange sitting in the corner would make it better. Wanda is a very important character in the movie, but she's definitely the antagonist. This isn't even the marvel movie that gives the most attention to it's villain, it has to be tied with Loki, Zemo, and Killmonger (and behind Wenwu and Thanos))

2: Wanda is literally stronger than Strange, unless he gets the book a fight between the two would end in him dead. It's also a chase movie, with Wanda essentially being a slasher. Why does Ellen Ripley run away from the Alien?

3: Wanda wasn't portrayed sympathetically after her literal first scene. And, in that scene, calling on her for help makes sense because she's the one with the most experience with magic. Yeah, she did ****ty stuff, but she appeared to have righted her wrongs best she could, and is looking for redemption. Why would Strange go up to her and say "You brainwashed a town. **** you. Anyways I need your help...", it's literally in Strange's best interests to at least pretend not to care. Besides, in Ragnarok he acted at least somewhat amicable with Loki, who did far worse (and considering Strange is a New Yorker would hold a personal grudge as well), so there's a precedent.

4: First off Wanda is being corrupted by the literal Book of the Damned, which might impact her logical thinking a touch. Aside from that, she doesn't want just any kids, she wants Billy and Tommy, her sons. If she went to a sperm donor, there's an incalculably low chance that she gets Billy and Tommy back (it's also very likely she wouldn't get twins at all, and a coin toss if she gets a son or a daughter). As for her not going to a universe where her kids are orphans... no argument there, but then we go back to the Darkhold.

5: Yeah it's pretty silly, but it's not even the most plot-convenient random animal. Thank you Radioactive spider and Endgame rat.

6: I feel like only exploring a few universes was actually the right call. Earth-838 feels like a fully lived in alternate universe, with it's own history and culture. The destroyed Earth at the end goes back to the first point, showing what exactly happens when a Doctor Strange grows too Machiavellian and dark. I swear, people wanted Doctor Strange to go to a new universe and exclaim "holy **** it's (insert random marvel character here)" on loop for three hours. We have plenty of multiverse projects in the pipeline (What If S2, Loki S2, Ant-Man 3, Marvel Zombies, Deadpool 3) with more inevitably happening after, no need to rush through it all now.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
PokeTwitter should skip that and go straight into the Legends Arceus is bad actually takes
  • Ugly enviroments
  • No postgame once the dex is complete
  • No multiplayer battles
  • Combat system is dumbed down
  • Turn speed is confusing
  • Shinies have no value
  • Dexit
  • Most moves are missing
  • Enamorous

Obviously a horrible game. Now if you'll exuse me, I'd like to get back to playing the only actually good pokemon game.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
The hardcore genwunners have been slowly replaced by the gen 3/4 kids, who are mostly in their mid twenties now.

They’re still around, but not as loud as they used to be.
I feel like Gen 3 is generational because even kids from our Gen can find enjoyment out of Hoenn. Emerald and ORAS (Ik that's Gen 6 but still) got a place in every fans hearts it seems.

Now Gen 4 fans? I think they all died of mass suicide after BDSP.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I dunno how it slipped under my radar, but apparently there’s a Fuecoco evolution rumor going around?
886A3094-57DD-4673-8EB8-1A8C49488B25.jpeg

I think it looks pretty decent. The haircut is lame, and I would’ve liked a more threatening crocodile.

But it still looks like a magical animal, as opposed to a man in a scaly suit. So I’d take it. Fire/Fairy’s a dope type. And I like how it’s vaguely dragon-ish.

y’know, assuming it’s even real :nifty:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

One of these days I'm hoping the devs add all of the mobs from the two Mob Votes.

All of them were good concepts, and I hear at least a few of them at least made it into Minecraft Dungeons instead.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I dunno how it slipped under my radar, but apparently there’s a Fuecoco evolution rumor going around?
View attachment 352449
I think it looks pretty decent. The haircut is lame, and I would’ve liked a more threatening crocodile.

But it still looks like a magical animal, as opposed to a man in a scaly suit. So I’d take it. Fire/Fairy’s a dope type. And I like how it’s vaguely dragon-ish.

Good artwork but we won't know until we get a 4chan photo with all three final evos that alp look fake except they're real.
One of these days I'm hoping the devs add all of the mobs from the two Mob Votes.

All of them were good concepts, and I hear at least a few of them at least made it into Minecraft Dungeons instead.
I think they'll probably do that. Like I was pretty bummed out when my pick didn't win the mob and biome vote (Iceologer and Swamp) but hearing Swamp would be after mountains was reassuring.

Although RIP to the 3rd place biome update, what was that again?

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
View attachment 352449

1. But it still looks like a magical animal, as oosed to a man in a scaly suit. So I’d take it. Fire/Fairy’s a dope type. And I like how it’s vaguely dragon-ish.

Does it have any credibility to it or is it just that it looks real?

Because honestly I really dig it. It's a fun mix of silly, weird and cute. Would 100% stick with Fuecoco if this is true no matter what the other two evolve into.

...Ah danggit, now I'm just going to be dissapointed when it turns out to be fake.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Does it have any credibility to it or is it just that it looks real?

Because honestly I really dig it. It's a fun mix of silly, weird and cute. Would 100% stick with Fuecoco if this is true no matter what the other two evolve into.

...Ah danggit, now I'm just going to be dissapointed when it turns out to be fake.
People fluent in Japanese have reported that the text all checks out, so we can’t debunk it based on that.

Aside from that…no solid evidence either way.

I don’t exactly believe it, but I do think it’s very well made. And it feels like a Gamefreak design, imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom