• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
At the same time, Morbius is due to come out tomorrow but with the amount of negative reception from the critics, I can't say that this film will fare well against Sonic 2.
It also has to compete with Fantastic Beasts 3 and The Bad Guys as well. All while with still dealing with The Batman.

Poor Morbius...

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So apparently The Flash movie had been leaked. From the same leakers that gave away Spider-Man: No Way Home.

Apparently in the end, It’s a merged world of Burtons Batman and select pieces of the existing DCEU.

Notably, Zod is again alive in this setting and killed Baby Kal, with Supergirl being the Superman here.

Wondie, Aquaman and Shazam exist still so does Batfleck but in another universe.

What a trainwreck. Just as predicted.

Way to screw up Flash's first solo movie. God, it was his first ******* movie. Just let him run, fight a gorilla, discover the Speed Force and older Flashes exist, roll credits.

How could they have ****** up so much?

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So out of nowhere my dad said he would like to see Sonic 2 movie with me (and he's not into video games).

So I'll show him the first one before that.
Cool you too. My dad went to go see the first one with me in theaters and being it's close to my birthday will be doing the same here with the second film. :)

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
The Minecraft launcher stopped working for me again, and after it updated today, even restarting my PC doesn’t fix it. Reinstalling doesn’t, either.

The issue is already on their bug tracker, I hope it gets fixed sometime soon.

In the meantime, 3rd-party launchers it is. I don’t change my skin very often, anyway…

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Society has evolved past the need for E3. Most companies have found better ways to announce things, and the Game Awards has the "Family Guy Funny Moments" covered.

But also, when E3 comes around its always fun seeing new announcements one after another for a few days and I will miss that.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
My employer just gave me a free phone.

They did not make me do any of the mandatory training they were supposed to before giving me a free phone.

Welp I have no idea what my protections and responsibilities with it are. Classic incompetent Walmart management, treating job training as optional as always.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I started playing Lego Jurassic world, the only Lego games ive played are Lego city, the star wars ones and the Harry Potter ones, so it definitely feels weird to see that they ended up using the audio from the Jurassic park movies as the voice acting here.

Like the audio quality for these old 90's movies kinda clashes with the modern voice acting heard with the generic npc's in the overworld lol

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I started playing Lego Jurassic world, the only Lego games ive played are Lego city, the star wars ones and the Harry Potter ones, so it definitely feels weird to see that they ended up using the audio from the Jurassic park movies as the voice acting here.

Like the audio quality for these old 90's movies kinda clashes with the modern voice acting heard with the generic npc's in the overworld lol
Lego Dimensions uses a mix of old and new audio for the playable characters.
Some are neat, but others… not so much.
K-9 from Doctor Who has all their audio taken from a single episode, to the point where when it speaks a specific line you can hear a roar from the episode’s antagonist.
It is justified in a few cases and one actor (Tom Cruise, who plays Ethan Hunt in Mission: Impossible) personally picked the lines he wanted in the game.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
The Minecraft launcher stopped working for me again, and after it updated today, even restarting my PC doesn’t fix it. Reinstalling doesn’t, either.

The issue is already on their bug tracker, I hope it gets fixed sometime soon.

In the meantime, 3rd-party launchers it is. I don’t change my skin very often, anyway…
Use PolyMC.

Have doubts?

Consider the following:

Regular launchers?

FHDQW9CXsAAMttl.jpg

No mod support out of the box. No high-end customization. Smells bad and makes you feel sad.

PolyMC?

FHDQXG5WUAUsm6W.jpg

Mod support, with modpack downloads straight from Curseforge, FTB, and Technic. Supports individual mod downloads from Curseforge and Modrinth. Installs loaders at the press of a button. Full customization over which JRE your Minecraft is using. Smells like freshly baked cookies and makes you feel glad.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
K-9 from Doctor Who has all their audio taken from a single episode, to the point where when it speaks a specific line you can hear a roar from the episode’s antagonist.
It is justified in a few cases and one actor (Tom Cruise, who plays Ethan Hunt in Mission: Impossible) personally picked the lines he wanted in the game.
It's definitely a weird design choice, it probably would have been less expensive to just get sound alikes.

And it would probably help them add in their gags better.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Yeah, some of the older members in the roster who use archive audio can sometimes sound grainy as it's ripped straight from the originals. Some of the early Doctors have that in their quotes, for instance.

Speaking of, which episode do these voice lines for K9 come from?

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I was gonna question Wham Bam Rock being racist but looking at it... huh yeah that is quite unfortunate.

What's crazy is that Wham Bam Jewel is somehow even worse if we're talking unfortunate implications, amd that was the game that redesigned rock.
I guess Wham Bam Jewel is less human looking with the fangs and third eye? Though I think that arguably makes it even worse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom