• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
They're definitely setting up for a Sinsister Six film, and it's gonna go like Suicide Squad.

The fact they haven't even told us who's Spidey exists in that universe makes me think we're getting a 4th Spiderman. Or Miles, but I heavily doubt that.
I think it's Andrew Garfield's Spider-Man.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Garfield's Spider-Man doesn't deserve to be dragged down even further with Sony's BS.

Just let him end on a good note with NWH.
I know a lot want TASM3 just to give Garfield a full trilogy. To give him a happy or bittersweet ending as well as letting him finally find himself like Tom and Tobey.

I don't blame them, but if Sony's handling it than no thank you.

God Andrew deserved better

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Sony didn't actually watch NWH confirmed
only the higher ups at Sony were allowed to watch it in advance…the poor smaller level workers got stuck dealing with the vampire
That comment from the director makes no sense - the characters were sent back to their own universes, and it's not like the Vulture was born in a completely different universe. I have no idea how they can screw up a relatively simple concept (person from universe A goes back to universe A, person from universe B goes back to universe B, etc.) so badly.
it’s even easier when you remember how the only people who got sent to the MCU were those who knew Peter and Spidey were the same person (Symbiote/Klyntar hive mind included)…so idk how Morbius is managing to **** it up
Guess the director and Sony decided to throw in the towel.

I will say that if it wasn't for Marvel Studios and Kevin Feige's input on the MCU Spider-Man films, it would not had been able to achieve the success it has today. In addition, I do feel that Sony's attempt to set up their own Spider-Man Cinematic Universe is ambitious and I don't think it will adapt well without its web-slinging hero who is faring much better with Marvel Studios as well as within the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
can’t even call it a Spider-Man cinematic universe when there’s no Spidey outside of Venom spending time in the MCU. The SMU right now has been 2 successful and fun Venom movies that are got to be apart of the MCU (and has Eminem), so those films are safe. However, the rest of the movies such as Madam Web (despite the great casting choices so far) and Kraven better watch they asses after Morbius disappoints in the box office

now the Spider-Verse franchise that’s growing…now that’s something Sony should be proud of
Garfield's Spider-Man doesn't deserve to be dragged down even further with Sony's BS.

Just let him end on a good note with NWH.
I’d rather they did the original TASM3 plot that lead to Gwen and George being resurrected than for what they have planned for either this mystery Spidey or Venom

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
They're definitely setting up for a Sinsister Six film, and it's gonna go like Suicide Squad.

The fact they haven't even told us who's Spidey exists in that universe makes me think we're getting a 4th Spiderman. Or Miles, but I heavily doubt that.
They’re gonna fight spider-man 2099 for absolutely no ****ing reason

Þe 1 → Way

Smash Champion
I have a feeling Morbius will underperform and Sony will get cold feet with the rest of the Spideyverse. It just feels like a self fulfilling prophecy to me at this point. I don’t think Morbius will be as bad as people say it will be, but it’s competition really put it in a bad spot.

My big problem with the whole cinematic universe concept is that as of now, making a Spideyverse without actually having Spider-Man in it is stupid as ****.

I do think that if handled right, TASM3 would be a great way to reignite interest in the universe. But, I also have little to no faith Sony will get it right and Andrew will be done proper justice.

Still, worth a shot if you ask me. Marvel also has reigns on Spidey so if Sony screw the pooch they’ll probably just let Marvel make the movies and give them a cut of the profits.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Morbius is going to go down in history as one of Marvel's worst films alongside Fant4stic.
Thankfully Sonic Knuckles will save us from this Morbius mess
And The Northman and The Bad Guys.

And still currently The Batman. Worth rewatching.

Last edited:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Yo so wtf happed with Genshin Impact on switch, fam?
In limbo, I guess.

Not even the Steam Deck can run it; It doesn't work on Linux, and if I had to guess, trying to run compatibility wrappers would probably trigger anti-cheats.

Stuck on mobile for a portable version of that game for now.:drsad: Although, there is the potential of streaming it to the Deck... :drohmy:

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Guys imagine this.

Into the James Bond-Verse.

All six James Bond's meeting.

Sean Connery, George Lazenby, Roger Moore, Timothy Dalton, Pierce Brosnan, and Daniel Craig.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Guys imagine this.

Into the James Bond-Verse.

All six James Bond's meeting.

Sean Connery, George Lazenby, Roger Moore, Timothy Dalton, Pierce Brosnan, and Daniel Craig.
5 of them are the same James Bond.

Not to mention not all of them are alive.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Into the Godzilla-Verse

Showa Godzilla, Heisei Godzilla, G2K Godzilla, GxM Godzilla, GMK Godzilla, 2002/2003 Godzilla, 2004 Godzilla, Legendary Godzilla, Reiwa Godzilla, Earth Godzilla, Singular Point Godzilla, Marvel Godzilla, IDW Comics Godzilla, Dark Horse Comics Godzilla

-

Into the Kong-Verse

1933 Kong, 1962 Kong, 1967 Kong, 1976/1986 Kong, 2005 Kong, Legendary Kong

-

Into the Gamera-Verse

Showa Gamera, Heisei Gamera, Toto

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Man.... could we at least get like... a Metal Gear collection or something on modern platforms? I hate the fact that this franchise is never even gonna see re-releases most likely, because of the bad blood between Kojima and Konami. We got the Castlevania collections, the Contra collection, even a Konami TMNT collection. PLEASE give as a Metal Gear collection!

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I have a feeling Morbius will underperform and Sony will get cold feet with the rest of the Spideyverse. It just feels like a self fulfilling prophecy to me at this point. I don’t think Morbius will be as bad as people say it will be, but it’s competition really put it in a bad spot.

My big problem with the whole cinematic universe concept is that as of now, making a Spideyverse without actually having Spider-Man in it is stupid as ****.

I do think that if handled right, TASM3 would be a great way to reignite interest in the universe. But, I also have little to no faith Sony will get it right and Andrew will be done proper justice.

Still, worth a shot if you ask me. Marvel also has reigns on Spidey so if Sony screw the pooch they’ll probably just let Marvel make the movies and give them a cut of the profits.
you forget 2 factors

1. Venom series
  2. Spider-Verse
Morbius and Kraven could bomb, but with those others succeeding…and with Tom Holland Spidey making all sides banks…and Insomniac for the gaming side…Sony is gonna be satisfied

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I did a tiny little experiment to see my ratio of Physical/Digital games on the Switch using the folders.

There's an even 50/50 split, with major releases and compilations being physical cartridges and the digital ones being almost entirely ports or small games.

People that voice act over ganes while streaming irritate me.

People who voice act over games while streaming and give characters the most infuriating voices ever make me wanna just.
This is what came to mind

Just a penguin

Smash Master
Welcome to today's weekly Smash Bros crossover, where Lucario is showcased, and his creature type is sketchy at best.
This is what I came up with:

I tried to incorporate his "being dealt damage makes you stronger" into the card. I then added a way for Lucario to either swing in with a super powerful attack for the win, or to pick off pesky creatures while amassing even more counters. Next up is ROB, who may be the first colorless creature in the series.

On a more personal note, this series is exactly halfway done now, with 41 of 82 characters created. Crazy.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Guess all i can do is wait for Discord to get back up.

I dont know what the whole Javascript error is about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom