• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
While waiting for Mario Kart to have its DLC come out I went on a Max Raid Adventure in Sword.

I caught Kyogre from it… isn’t Kyogre only in Shield?

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Running from the cops in Stardust Speedway.
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Watch we get a movie about VHS, DVD and Blu-Ray players.

It wouldn't surprise me one bit at this point.

Make a movie about anything.

Make a movie about nothing. There's potential for that at this point.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
While waiting for Mario Kart to have its DLC come out I went on a Max Raid Adventure in Sword.

I caught Kyogre from it… isn’t Kyogre only in Shield?
If you join a Max Raid featuring from the alternate version that's fighting a version exclusive, you can fight it. Kyogre is Shield exclusive, but if you join a raid from Shield that's fighting one, you can fight it too. Pretty interesting system.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Running from the cops in Stardust Speedway.
Tbh if you made a love story about a plant and a lamp having a love story it'd actually be pretty good if you wrote it well.

This sounds like an early 2000s Pixar movie plot oh gosh
Yeah. Just about anything can be a good story, no matter what it is, with the right kind of writing.

Still, I initially found this all as crazy.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
I dunno man, a play-doh movie could work.

Think about all the things you can do with clay. Not to mention themes about childhood and imagination.

It just doesn’t sound like an immediately terrible idea to me.
Play-Doh faces their greatest enemy of all: Making sure not to dry out after being left out of the container for half an hour

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Animation studios are already moving out of the inaninate thing comes to life phase, so the Play-Doh movie is just a swan song.

Now, they're hitting the "What if Minorities have feelings phase". Think about it:

Soul
Mitchells vs the Machines
Coco
Encanto
Turning Red

And probably more I'm missing

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
At least the M&M’s have actual characterized mascots that have endured for decades
I dunno, their character development needs a little more work, Red keeps needing to be re-convinced that Santa is real every single year since 1996.

dream1ng

Smash Champion
Animation studios are already moving out of the inaninate thing comes to life phase, so the Play-Doh movie is just a swan song.

Now, they're hitting the "What if Minorities have feelings phase". Think about it:

Soul
Mitchells vs the Machines
Coco
Encanto
Turning Red

And probably more I'm missing
I mean minorities have regularly been protagonists of animated Disney movies for the last like thirty years.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I'll never not be amused by the quest chain in Xenoblade Chronicles where you stop a Nopon drug cartel.

dream1ng

Smash Champion
Ok, but did they have feelings?

Nope.
Did a lead Disney character have feelings?

Uh, probably. Yeah.

They also probably sang a song, had a talking animal as a friend, and were betrayed in the second or third act by a character that was clearly always going to be the villain.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom