• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

osby

Smash Obsessed
With both series having games made by Bandai Namco, I can actually see a crossover fighting game between Tiger & Bunny and My Hero Academia.

The only issue I can think of is how few heroes the former has, though it seems the second season is adding a little more.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I feel like realizing that having to grind all your mons to get them up to speed is tedious and not a fun challenge is a universal step for Pokemon fans who try to replay games older than X and Y lmao
What I don't understand is that EXP share was the standard for all RPGs for a while, but for some reason Pokemon took forever to actually add in a stamdard RPG feature.

But yeah, I forgot how grindy the old games were tbh. Iirc Gen 2 is super ****ing grindy because they poorly balanced the level curve. At some point people gotta realize that lack of exp share doesn't necessarily make the older games harder at all, in most cases it just pads the game with having to grind each individual mon

And I started with Black which had no exp share.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Sans Undertale

DAILY DEMON SHOWCASE

This showcase's demon is of the Fallen race:

1647098159873.png

“I’m Fallen Bifrons. Are you my new master? Well, it's nice to meet you.”

Alignment: Neutral-Chaos

Origin: Ars Goetia. The 46th demonic spirit and an Earl of the hell. He appears in front of his summoner as a monster before taking the shape of a man. He’s responsible for teaching humans about astrology, geometry, and other sciences. Aside from his knowledge of precious herbs, gems, and wood, he’s also a great help for necromancers as he can carry dead bodies and control their souls by lighting a candle over their graves. He commands 26 legions.

Skills: Maragilao, Fire Block, Mudo

Next time, you will meet a demon of the Megami race.

Maybe it’s the big head but Bifrons’s design is super funny to me. He looks like he needs to go somewhere in a big manor quick. I’d expect him to be a little random but no, his skull head and candlestick are both clear references to his necromantic teachings. Still, he gives the air of a lackey rather than a teacher or lord.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Which two are y’all claiming?
I got Garchomp and Metagross
Garchomps stats are amazing and it has good STAB combos
Metagross has a good typing combination and can deal with Ice and Fairy type attacks that Garchomp may face

I was almost gonna pick Dragapult due to its high speed but then I realized Garchomp can learn Shadow Claw

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Good morning, fellow Smashboards users. :4pacman:

Something I was lookin' forward to dropped today! I got to voice Arceus for these two Gabaleth comic dubs! (Despite having not actually finished Legends Arceus yet, haha)
That voice line on the end card was something I improvised myself, since I thought "Haha, they won't, but what if they played that during the end card?" ...And here we are, haha.
Noipoi Noipoi M MooMew64

On a completely unrelated note, oh my gosh David Hayter was additional voices in Turning Red.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Metagross has a good typing combination and can deal with Ice and Fairy type attacks that Garchomp may face

I was almost gonna pick Dragapult due to its high speed but then I realized Garchomp can learn Shadow Claw
Salamence and Metagross

Salamence is my ideal ride Pokémon and Metagross is bulky as **** so it'd do a good job at protecting me

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

H-Goodra and Dragapult
Good morning, fellow Smashboards users. :4pacman:

Something I was lookin' forward to dropped today! I got to voice Arceus for these two Gabaleth comic dubs! (Despite having not actually finished Legends Arceus yet, haha)
That voice line on the end card was something I improvised myself, since I thought "Haha, they won't, but what if they played that during the end card?" ...And here we are, haha.
Noipoi Noipoi M MooMew64

On a completely unrelated note, oh my gosh David Hayter was additional voices in Turning Red.
Out of curiosity, do you get paid for these or is it just for fun?

Jocario Zero

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2327-1796-5400
I've made fun of it for years. But not anymore. Please forgive me, Kricketune. I didn't know any better. You're a good boy. :sadeyes:

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
H-Goodra and Dragapult

Out of curiosity, do you get paid for these or is it just for fun?
For GabaLeth, all roles are volunteer work, but they're very transparent about it upfront. Comic dubs in this nature are usually made for fun, so that's likely why they aren't paid. If I had to guess, the channel doesn't make enough money to consistently pay VAs due to the short nature of its videos. This would also explain why they occasionally make compilations of previous comic dubs. Take that with a grain of salt, though; I'm not 100% sure how the YouTube monetization system works.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794

Garchomp/Tyranitar

Garchomp can set up a Swords Dance and then KO everything for super effective damage with STAB Dragon Claw and Earthquake. Might have to add Dual Chop if Dragonite runs multiscale.

Tyranitar is to counter Dragapult. Dragapult outspeeds Garchomp and threatens to OHKO it with Draco Meteor or Dragon Darts, but T-tar can pursuit trap it.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860

Lord Hydreigon and Metagross.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there

Goodra is one of those 'Mons that would die for you, so Hissuian Goodra.

Plus, other 'Mons tryin' to get through my Shelter boosted Goodra to try and kill me like:

EDIT: Wait it was supposed to be two lol

My second choice is Garchomp.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!

Dragapult, and Goodra.

The unstoppable force and the immovable object.

TMNTSSB4

Pranked!
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

I’ll pick Pikachu and a Raging Lucario despite them not being on the list

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
The only thing you should boil meatballs in is sauce and/or its own juices

Who the **** boils meatballs in WATER
Old people id assume.

I remeber my mom used to boil brussle sprouts and thats turned me away from them until my late 20s when my sister baked them at thanksgiving.

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah! , Jondolio Jondolio & all other Hollow Knight enjoyer on this website.

I finally managed to beat Nightmare King Grimm.

I therefore request the mightiest & bestest of high five.
slaps your hand aggressively

Nightmare King Grimm is simultaneously one of the hardest and most fun bosses in the game. Congrats on beating em'!

ZeldaFan01

Cassie Shore/Shelby Goodkind (Netflix)
NNID
?
Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Sky High (2006) "ME "Welcome to the BRAND NEW Social Thread 3.0"

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
I genuinely feel conflicted about which version of Minecraft I wanna play with the most rn lol.

Java has the bigger history and repository, but Bedrock's starting to get some pretty snazzy stuff with true RTX support, a shockingly decent marketplace, and an active modding community.

Java's shaders are brilliant, but we're still a long ways off from someone having a true path traced shader that offers what Bedrock can do.

The answer is probably to play both, TBH. :nifty:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom