• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Playing the N64 Zeldas for the first time.

Idk if I should be playing the 3D Versions instead but N64 Online is more convenient
Depends on who you ask.

Most agree OoT 3D is the superior version (do know though that the PC port release is imminent if you want to wait for it).

MM3D is split: OG Purists and hardcore Zelda fans hate it because of what they did to Zora swimming and the bosses, but the majority I think still prefer it. Do be warned: Majora 3D has many QoL elements, such as not deleting your Owl Statue save when you reload from it, and a rework to the Song of Time that let's you have full control of exactly what time you want it to be so you don't just let your console sit there waiting for an event.

IMHO Majora 3D is 10x better, but it's up to you. There are mods on Citra that fix the Zora swimming if you hate it, 'cause IMO that's the only valid complaint the purist crowds have.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Depends on who you ask.

Most agree OoT 3D is the superior version (do know though that the PC port release is imminent if you want to wait for it).

MM3D is split: OG Purists and hardcore Zelda fans hate it because of what they did to Zora swimming and the bosses, but the majority I think still prefer it. Do be warned: Majora 3D has many QoL elements, such as not deleting your Owl Statue save when you reload from it, and a rework to the Song of Time that let's you have full control of exactly what time you want it to be so you don't just let your console sit there waiting for an event.

IMHO Majora 3D is 10x better, but it's up to you. There are mods on Citra that fix the Zora swimming if you hate it, 'cause IMO that's the only valid complaint the purist crowds have that's valid.
Maybe I'll do both Og and 3D.

I have Citra but atm I'm too lazy to download the 3D OoT and MM.

Plus, it wouldn't be the first time I played through Zelda twice (I did 2 playthroughs of WW because it was just that good)

MooMew64

Maybe I'll do both Og and 3D.

I have Citra but atm I'm too lazy to download the 3D OoT and MM.

Plus, it wouldn't be the first time I played through Zelda twice (I did 2 playthroughs of WW because it was just that good)
Yo, that's actually a super dope idea: Both OG and 3D versions of the games are super, super good, and it'd give you a bit of reference for the changes they made in Majora (which were pretty noticeable if you played OG first).

EDIT: Oh yeah, and do be warned: OoT Water Temple is a bit of a slog on N64, but still fun IMO.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Yo, that's actually a super dope idea: Both OG and 3D versions of the games are super, super good, and it'd give you a bit of reference for the changes they made in Majora (which were pretty noticeable if you played OG first).

EDIT: Oh yeah, and do be warned: OoT Water Temple is a bit of a slog on N64, but still fun IMO.
JkI downloaded them on Citra.

I'm probably gonna start the 3D games. I completely firgot the NSO N64 Emulator is kinda ass

MooMew64

Do Controllers not work with Citra?
They do, but it depends on what you're trying to sync with 'em.

Xinput controller (ex: Xbox controller), or Dinput (ex: Switch controller)? Dinput is notoriously finnicky to get working with anything.

Lemme take a look at my own Citra real quick, maybe you have to configure things first.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
They do, but it depends on what you're trying to sync with 'em.

Xinput controller (ex: Xbox controller), or Dinput (ex: Switch controller)? Dinput is notoriously finnicky to get working with anything.

Lemme take a look at my own Citra real quick, maybe you have to configure things first.
My computer and all games recognize it as a XBox controller (3rd Party NS controller however)

Last edited:

MooMew64

My computer and all games recognize it as a XBox controller (3rd Party NS controller however)
I think you probably have to configure controls first; Most emulators ship out with keyboard as the primary for some reason.

You'll find controller configs in the Emulation > Configure > Controls tab. Configure will bring up a menu with a list of stuff, controls are at the bottom of the list.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I think you probably have to configure controls first; Most emulators ship out with keyboard as the primary for some reason.

You'll find controller configs in the Emulation > Configure > Controls tab. Configure will bring up a menu with a list of stuff, controls are at the bottom of the list.
Thanks

Also, I'm playing FireRed now so uh...

Zelda Night failed

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
watching one of my favorite wrestlers getting their necks broken on live tv ****ing sucks.

the consequences in letting green talent do risky moves on a veteran just to get them over

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Also, the thing with this randomizer is that items are also randomized except for HMsand I think I need flash for this cave.

Oops.

Also, I miss EXP share already. I got 1 overleveled mon, 3 normal level mon, and then 2 underleveled and the gap is widening.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Also, the thing with this randomizer is that items are also randomized except for HMsand I think I need flash for this cave.

Oops.

Also, I miss EXP share already. I got 1 overleveled mon, 3 normal level mon, and then 2 underleveled and the gap is widening.
then use the underleved ones lol

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Well I've become like everyone else and downloaded Pokemon Go. Connected to home and scooped up Meltan and Melmetal.

Now the only Pokemon I don't have a dex entry for in Home is Marshadow.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
this is a comment made to tell you to not watch No Way Home in HD and 4K illegally…otherwise Green Goblin will bomb your brains

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
So I got the 4th badge knly for me to get wiped at the dojo.

Can I say that the randomizer makes things a bit harder? Since TMs are randomized too, movepools for half my mons are straight ass and compounded with the lack of physical special makes me have to play with some ass tier moves.

If this were regular however, probably a straight cakewalk. My only complaint is... lack of exp share. I got too used to it, it makes Pokemon much more smoother imo.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
So I got the 4th badge knly for me to get wiped at the dojo.

Can I say that the randomizer makes things a bit harder? Since TMs are randomized too, movepools for half my mons are straight ass and compounded with the lack of physical special makes me have to play with some ass tier moves.

If this were regular however, probably a straight cakewalk. My only complaint is... lack of exp share. I got too used to it, it makes Pokemon much more smoother imo.
I feel like realizing that having to grind all your mons to get them up to speed is tedious and not a fun challenge is a universal step for Pokemon fans who try to replay games older than X and Y lmao

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Getting real tired of the "you just want to grind more" strawman.

I hate grinding. What I Iove is playing with an underleveled team. It makes you have to strategize and leverage things like status moves to win without grinding. Gym leaders feel like actual obstactles to overcome.

Pokemon games can be challenging with the exp.share if they're designed around it and respect anyone who likes the modern exp.share. And heck, I can't imagine how Legends Arceus would work without it.

Edit: Granted I know that it makes earlier games less accessible to new players but that's why I like the exp.share being a toggle so much. I just want to have the option (key word) to turn it off like in Sun/Moon.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Getting real tired of the "you just want to grind more" strawman.

I hate grinding. What I Iove is playing with an underleveled team. It makes you have to strategize and leverage things like status moves to win without grinding. Gym leaders feel like actual obstactles to overcome.

Pokemon games can be challenging with the exp.share if they're designed around it and respect anyone who likes the modern exp.share. And heck, I can't imagine how Legends Arceus would work without it.

Edit: Granted I know that it makes earlier games less accessible to new players but that's why I like the exp.share being a toggle so much. I just want to have the option (key word) to turn it off like in Sun/Moon.
That's a different argument all together tbh. You're arguing for it to be something you can toggle for the sake of a challenge run, not that it's inherently bad and makes it too easy for 30+ year olds

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Good Morning My Gamers

My first game was XY so I had to get used to not having an EXP Share when I went back to the old games. It turned them into such grindfests, to the point I used cheat codes in later games. Don't think I can go back at this point.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Can't say I ever really had to grind aside from when I was very young and had little idea of what I was doing.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I'm sorry if I came off as a little snippy just now, I've been a bit crankier then usual lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom