• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
How does it compare to the other Batman films?
I've only watched the Dark Knight trilogy but I think it was way more enjoyable than those films personally. Still takes itself very seriously but it felt more fun overall, plus Robert Pattinson can do an actual Batman voice that I can take seriously unlike Christian Bale

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Managed to finally win an online GP in Chocobo GP.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I've only watched the Dark Knight trilogy but I think it was way more enjoyable than those films personally. Still takes itself very seriously but it felt more fun overall, plus Robert Pattinson can do an actual Batman voice that I can take seriously unlike Christian Bale
If you haven't seen the 1966 Batman movie, you are missing out.

Also, the Michael Keaton Batman movies. Batman Forever and Batman and Robin are only really worth it for the sheer over-the-top nature of the villain performances - Jim Carrey and Tommy Lee Jones seem to be trying to one-up each other in the over-acting department in Batman Forever, and they both win.

Last edited:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Continuing Brilliant Diamond and now I have a conundrum.

Two of my team only evolve via trade.

I only have one Switch so I can’t trade evolve.

I suppose using a Haunter and Graveler would be funny.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Continuing Brilliant Diamond and now I have a conundrum.

Two of my team only evolve via trade.

I only have one Switch so I can’t trade evolve.

I suppose using a Haunter and Graveler would be funny.
Tbh, that's one major issue I have with BDSP.

SwSh made it so you can find all trade evos in the overworld, so idk why BDSP regressed unless all trade evos are post game.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Sneak peek and preview for my crossover story Hilda and The Last Hope, Gamera.

One day later

It was a beautiful morning in the city of Trolberg, whose wall was made to keep dangers out most notably trolls. At a house, a blue-haired girl, her deerfox, elf friend and her two other friends were currently all spending time together. Currently they were in the process of attempting to try out new spells presumably to help their friend in continuing to master and hone her witch skills. Both Frida and Hilda both placed a group of stones in a circle.

"Circle of seven stones complete." Hilda said as she slightly waved the stick in her hand above the stones.

Alfur quickly looked over in the book he was currently holding in his hands to see what the next step was turning his head to look at David and Frida. "Ok, please a small item in the center of the circle"

Frida looked at David who was eating a bag of Trolberg's known infamous brand of chips called Jorts. "David, hand me a jort." Frida asked him politely reaching her arm out and opening the palm of her hand so he could hand her one.

David expressed a face of disappointment. "There's only one left"

"May I point out that if the spell works, the jort will be invisible but not inedible" Alfur spoke to David.

His expression changing to a positive one, David immediately jumped out from his chair to place to jort in the middle of the circle of stones. "Ok then"

"Uh which version of the invisibility spell are we on Alfur?" Frida asked Alfur.

Alfur quickly hopped over to the list of stuff they had needed for their projects, ones on the list that were notably marked off with x's of ones they had already done. "Number seventy-nine, circle of rocks plus chard and hand waving."

Hilda had a look of confusion on her face as she looked at Alfur raising an eyebrow slightly raising the stick before jumping backwards onto Frida's bed. "I don't get the point of this witch homework? Why do they make you sort through a bunch of fake invisibility spells when they could just be the real one and get on with it?"

Frida spoke to Hilda. "It's like Tildy said." While doing a few finger expressions pointing at the side of her head before shifting to pointing a finger up before wiggling them mimicking magic. "Magic is not ninety-nine percent focus and only one percent hocus pocus. The testing of my ability to figure out the correct version." She finished as she looked down at the list and rubbed both her hands together as she then placed a finger against her chin thinking.

Hilda held the stick up behind her rolling her eyes. "Which is really know how to suck all the fun out of my jig" Hilda sighed as Twig watched her plop the upper half of her body on Frida's bed.

Once Hilda had finished speaking. Frida shifted her mind and focus on the circle of stones they had just finished. "Maltas skip perit!" Frida shouted as she performed her magic, a single puff sparkling magic popping and then disappearing immediately. Once finished, Frida looked only to have a slight look of confusion as it seems didn't go as she had hoped.

Alfur with his hand planted on his face also looking at what appeared to be small shorts. Walking over a few inches, he took a closer look to examine the complete process before shifting his head to Frida.

"Well, it's not invisible." Frida said with a bewildered look with her eyebrow raised.

David gave out a face of amusement. "But they are pretty stylish." David said with a grin.

Hilda laughed. "Alfur, those look like they fit you."

Currently holding the pair of very small shorts, Alfur posed his body in a mockingly dramatic fashion. "Oh, Hilda, elves are by a strict dress code." Dropping the shorts back in the circle of stones, he cleaned his hands patting them.

Frida looked at the list of the things they had succeeded on so far as she briefly pondered. "We've eliminated seventy-nine spells."

"Only ninety-one more to go." Alfur said as he popped up over her shoulder.

Alfur checked over the list to see what they needed next for the project. "The next one calls for a chant and a smattering of dust from the old Trolberg castle ruins." turning his head as his face shifted to a face of disbelief knowing how far they were from Trolberg.

Frida turned her attention to the box of objects she had as she dug through it to see if they had any of the stuff that that the list was asking for next. "Uh oh...I don't have any..." Frida said with a look of disappointment before turning to surprise as she heard Hilda hop off her bed.

"I'll go get it!" Hilda shouted joyfully to her friends, Twig immediately following suit.

"Aren't the castle ruins pretty far outside the wall?" David asked.

Opening the door, Hilda turned to look at David. "It's barely noon, I'll be back by tonight, no worries."

Hilda looked at her loyal and trustworthy deerfox as they left. "Come on, Twig!"

The scene soon shifted to Hilda outside of Trolberg as she climbed over a small hill, Twig following behind her, continuing on they came across a small ravine jumping over it with no effort before turning to pass a tree before finally reaching the old Trolberg castle ruins to get what they needed for her and her friends magic project. It had taken nearly all afternoon but they finally managed to reach their destination.

Keeping her balance, Hilda and Twig carefully crossed an old rocky bridge careful to not fall, barely she lost a bit of her balance as she lightly gasped before regaining it. "This is better than sitting around in Frida's room all day. Right boy!?" Hilda said turning to look at her beloved deerfox. Twig responding to her with a bark carrying a brush in his mouth.

Grabbing a small pouch from her bag, Hilda took the brush from Twig's mouth and brushed off some of the dust of the old ruins collecting as much as she felt was needed. "There that should do. We'll make a quick stop at home for dinner and then back to Frida's."

Just as they were about to get moving. Noise and ruckus in the very far distance caught both their attention. Turning to look where they had heard it. Their eyes narrowed as miles away they saw a bunch of trees beginning to shift very roughly. Twig whimpered sensing whatever was far away was very dangerous. Hilda noticing her deerfox's change of behavior looked down at him with worry in her eye.

"What's the matter boy? Something bothering you? It can't be a troll, it's daytime, maybe it's another of the lindworm's species. Maybe just a woff or a few of them perhaps awakening from resting." Hilda said trying to come up with an explanation.

She still saw how worried and nervous Twig looked. "Twig, it's probably nothing, come on, let's get going. It'll be the sunset by the time we get back.

Following Hilda's cue, Twig followed her as they began to leave. Nervously still looking over his shoulder, Twig never set his eyes off of whatever it was that was miles away, suddenly as he continued to watch, something had flown out from the spot but it was not a lindworm, a woff or a group of them as she suspected. At first glance, Twig would have thought maybe it was Raven or another of his species but closer inspection soon showed it was nothing like that. It was a flying creature like Raven was but it looked more reptilian and rather bat-like as the deerfox watched it fly off into the distance.

Spooked at the sudden appearance of this strange flying creature, Twig yelped as he ran and caught up to Hilda who has reached the end of the rock bridge before she knew it, she notice Twig suddenly going behind her legs shaking, whimpering in fear. Confused at her deerfox's change of mood. Hilda raised an eyebrow with a confused look wondering what it was about whatever was over there that was frightening him despite all the dangers they've faced since moving to Trolberg. Surely this would have been no different.

"Twig? What's gotten into you boy? Again, whatever it was, it isn't like it had even noticed us regardless if it was dangerous or not. You're getting yourself worked over for nothing."

Despite her assurance to Twig, the deerfox heeded no attention to her words and continued to shake, eyes still in fear the mysterious flying creature he sensed and saw that she didn't.

"Whatever it was Twig, it's likely gone by now. Let's go." Hilda said.

As Hilda was about to move again, Twig followed suit still shaking and nervous. Still noticing his behavior and how unusually slow he was being. Hilda rolled her eyes as she went over to him and picked Twig up. "I don't know what has gotten into you boy but I don't want you to keep us holding. Trust me Twig, you're gonna be fine."

With that, Hilda made her move, her feet taking her as fast as they could heading back to the city of Trolberg. By the time they had gotten back, it was already sunset. By the time they had reached the city. Hilda's mum Johanna was currently in the living room of their apartment with Tontu alongside her as she was setting a board game she had bought not too long ago ready in hopes of having some bonding time with her daughter.

"There, all set." Johanna said.

Shifting her eyes to the TV, she saw the latest news. As of the last few days, there apparently had reports of unidentified flying creatures all across the land that no one has supposedly heard of. Some had been debating this might have in fact been an entirely new species yet to be discovered, some researchers having keen interest into investigating this supposed new species notably how and why they're suddenly just popping up now. But what kept her wanting to stay up to date was the fact there were many unconfirmed attacks taking place in the case this was yet again another dangerous creature just like the trolls.

"Oh, Tontu, turn it up." Johanna said

Tontu holding the remote in his hand turned up the volume. "We've seen a significant increase of sightings what some animal biologists are saying could in fact be a newly-discovered species. Some eye-witnesses claiming to have encountered some of these flying creatures, describing them as something rather bird-like but otherwise reptilian in appearance, these same eye-witnesses having also been also attacked by them. Here's one witness who claimed to have seen one of them." A news reporter's voice spoke from the TV as the screen soon cuts to a reporter standing with a farmer just outside his barn that apparently appeared to be ravaged, devoid of any livestock holding her microphone standing next to him.

"Here's Jonah McDonell standing here with me regarding what happened last night." The news reporter said.

She moved her microphone to his face so the farmer could speak into it. "Mr. McDonell, could you tell what exactly happened and what the flying creature you saw looked like?" She asked.

"It was nothing...Nothing like anything my eyes had ever seen before. You thought trolls were dangerous, they were nothing compared to what I experienced last night. So, I was sleeping peacefully when suddenly I began to hear commotion, the sounds and cries of my cattle, pigs, goats, and horses as I heard something very massive attacking them. It sounded almost like a bird, a screech thought nothing like I ever heard before. Quickly I went outside with my shotgun loaded and the very sight of it I'll never forget. It was huge! It was massive! At least fifty feet long. At first glance, it looked like a bird but closer inspection, it was more reptile-like but leathery wings like a bat, crimson brown in color, sharp razor teeth, and eyes so terrifying even when it never noticed me, I felt its presence sending fear into my very soul. By the time I was out of my house, nearly all my livestock was gone. Eaten nearly every single one of them, those that it didn't eat fled into the nearby woods, I looked everywhere for them but no luck..." Jonah McDonell spoke explaining his whole story.

"So Mr. McDonell given what you had described. Do you really think these creatures which one of them you saw are dangerous as with trolls and people should be careful when coming across them? The News Reporter asked again.

John McDonell shook his head up. "Oh absolutely. In fact, what I saw, I would say these things...They're even more dangerous and we're dealing with a new threat. One we have never seen before, why they showed up now, I don't know. Trolls as much as I hate to say it has nothing compared to them. Not even one little bit."

The news reporter was content with the story she was told. "Well Mr. McDonell thank you for your story. It's a rather interesting one."

Looking straight at the camera for any viewers watching the news. The news reporter spoke. "And there you have it, another report and case of yet again these strange mysterious and likely dangerous creatures. In other news, there had been also some sightings of what appears to be some kind of spinning saucer across the world. Stay tune for more."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom