• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

osby

Smash Obsessed
In other news, Black Panther's director, Ryan Coogler, got wrongfully arrested and detained because he was wrongly accused of robbing a bank. Despite showing ID and Pin number, he still got the cops called and a gun pulled at him.

Racism is alive and well y'all. And acab too
That's really awful.

I hope he's doing okay, I can't imagine going through something like this being easy.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Of course. Did anyone ever not think that Disney was like this? It’s still bad, but it’s also not news.
that yes, but the whole “sexuality censorship” issue only adds on to their recent “putting our hard worked movies on Disney+ for free” issue Pixar is still having with their owner.
No need to say, given it's Twitter, but don't look at the replies if you don't want your day to be ruined.
looks at replies

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
I feel so bad for him, feels like nothing has been going his way lately with all the BP2 controversy and now this.

Thankfully, he was taken out of custody shortly after the incident.
That's good to hear.
I saw he (or someone else, id remember) posted a picture of a letter he wrote saying he was simply taking money out of HIS OWN checking account, which of course further proves that this was just one giant misunderstanding.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
That's good to hear.
I saw he (or someone else, id remember) posted a picture of a letter he wrote saying he was simply taking money out of HIS OWN checking account, which of course further proves that this was just one giant misunderstanding.
Yeah, so the breakdown was

1. Coogler comes up in disguise to be discrete, writes a note saying transaction to be discrete
  2. Transaction is over a certian amount, is flagged suspicious
  3. Bank teller jumps to the conclusion that he has a gun and immediately calls the cops
  4. Cops show up, pull a gun on him with out question, detain him
  5. Turns out it was Ryan Coogler, and he showed ID and had the correct pin so there was no way he was robbing the bank
  6. Oops, sorry apology from Bank of America
In the end, the bankerteller is losing her job.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
Some good news for a change
Thank god
Yeah, so the breakdown was

1. Coogler comes up in disguise to be discrete, writes a note saying transaction to be discrete
  2. Transaction is over a certian amount, is flagged suspicious
  3. Bank teller jumps to the conclusion that he has a gun and immediately calls the cops
  4. Cops show up, pull a gun on him with out question, detain him
  5. Turns out it was Ryan Coogler, and he showed ID and had the correct pin so there was no way he was robbing the bank
  6. Oops, sorry apology from Bank of America
In the end, the bankerteller is losing her job.
Did he come up in disguise so he wouldn't be noticed, though, or what?
Other than that, the rest all makes sense to me, and I can see how the banker teller is losing her job

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Relevent question. Is this chick white?
You would think that's the case.

But no, she was black. Internalized racism go crazy.
Thank god

Did he come up in disguise so he wouldn't be noticed, though, or what?
Other than that, the rest all makes sense to me, and I can see how the banker teller is losing her job
Yeah, and by disguise I mean basball cap and sunglasses.

Last edited:

dezeray112

Smash Hero
In other news, Black Panther's director, Ryan Coogler, got wrongfully arrested and detained because he was wrongly accused of robbing a bank. Despite showing ID and Pin number, he still got the cops called and a gun pulled at him.

That is truly awful and I feel sorry for Ryan Coogler that he was falsely accused like that. It is likely that the employee who is responsible for this could end up facing the sack.

Anyways, 20 more days until this comes on Disney+:

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

That is horrible! I hope those involved against him, like the bankteller and cops get disciplined.

So, what Mario news are we getting today since it is Mario day?

Last edited:

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
Fellow Overwatch fans
We got a new dev update on OW2 from Aaron:

I'm more hopeful about the game now, I respect how he's holding themselves accountable for a lack of balanced content and patches and whatnot, and wanting to push PvP ASAP is great as well!

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584

Duuuuude what? That’s ****ing ridiculous man the cop in the videos first reaction was to unholster his pistol. Even before he was even able to get a word in. That sucks dude I hate it for him. I know he was just trying to be discreet because he’s Ryan ****ing Coogler. Anyone who knows that name would’ve freaked out and wanted an autograph, picture, everything. That sucks.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Why am I just now finding out that JK Rowling named the sole black character in HP Kingsley Shacklebolt, I'm dying bruh.
Yeah turns out minorities were criticizing these books for years but it took her dedicating her entire identity to hating minorities for people to realize. Wait till you hear how they handled slavery and activism against racial discrimination

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Yeah turns out minorities were criticizing these books for years but it took her dedicating her entire identity to hating minorities for people to realize. Wait till you hear how they handled slavery and activism against racial discrimination
I mean, I wouldn't know because I don't read poorly written literature. She defended slavery. My guess

I was aware of Cho Chang the Asian girl and Goldstien the jewish boy bruh how did she get away with this lmao.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I mean, I wouldn't know because I don't read poorly written literature. She defended slavery. My guess

I was aware of Cho Chang the Asian girl and Goldstien the jewish boy bruh how did she get away with this lmao.
Ok so the second book had Dobby, a house elf. If he disobeyed his masters he would be forced to cause himself physical pain and his entire race is like this. At the end, Harry tricks his master into giving Dobby a sock, as giving clothes means they are free. Later books go "Oh they like being slaves, Dobby's just weird for not liking it" and Harry himself owns a slave whom he uses, and the issue with slavery is not being nice to them instead of, y'know, slavery.

Before I bring this next part up, I wanna point this out in particular

z8oogt4srxf21.jpg

Rowling trying to earn brownie points. This matters cause Hermione is actually ****ing disgusted about the slave labour and makes an activism group for it which is called S.P.E.W. This is treated purely for laughs with "Haha, it's not a big deal, she's overreacting" being the punchline. No wonder the movies cut that **** lmao

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Mind if I ask what's wrong with the name? As in I genuinely don't know what it means
Kingsley- King. Because Africans used to be royalty before the whites invaded. The now African Americans used oryalty terms to keep morale up and remind them of who they were. This of course was subjegated to racism and ****.

Shacklebolt- Shackles because slavery. This is self explanitory.

Aka, she basically named the character King Slave

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Kingsley- King. Because Africans used to be royalty before the whites invaded. The now African Americans used oryalty terms to keep morale up and remind them of who they were. This of course was subjegated to racism and ****.

Oh I thought it was cause like. Martin Luther King. And in case Jondolio didn't get it, shackle as in chains. Bolt as in bolted on chains. Cause slaves were in chains

Jondolio

Smash Hero

Oh I thought it was cause like. Martin Luther King. And in case Jondolio didn't get it, shackle as in chains. Bolt as in bolted on chains. Cause slaves were in chains
Ew ****in yikes. I'm excusing 8 year old me for not getting that since I didn't know English at the time but man I am so glad I washed my hands off of this franchise. Read Percy Jackson, the books are actually good and the author listens to minorities' criticisms

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I'd argue it's worse cause your suggestion implies she did research instead of going with her literal first thought like the rest of her naming conventions
I mean it's JK Rowling, I'm pretty sure her naming convention was "Slur McSlur" and called it a day.
Ew ****in yikes. I'm excusing 8 year old me for not getting that since I didn't know English at the time but man I am so glad I washed my hands off of this franchise. Read Percy Jackson, the books are actually good and the author listens to minorities' criticisms
Too bad Percy Jaskson was fumbled badly.

But Rick wrote some of the first 39 Clues so he's OK in my book. I'm still waiting for that movie. I still am.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Rick Riordan be like "I'm gonna be overseeing the upcoming tv show adaptation so they get it right! Anyone bashing the minority rep is bashing me"

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
I'm extremely hype for my D&D game tomorrow night. I always use video game music to give something to listen to while playing, and they're going up against a powerful Chaotic Neutral boss tomorrow to assist a friendly NPC. I'm bringing out this gem for the fight.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
So who’s the Aaron that’s requesting to add me on Switch? It was through friend code so I’m asking here since I listed my code here

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
So who’s the Aaron that’s requesting to add me on Switch? It was through friend code so I’m asking here since I listed my code here
It definitely was not me. I am nowhere near my Switch at the moment.

That reminds me, I should add more Switch friends someday. Maybe not today, but in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom