• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I feel like melting into a puddle
Beat Maylene. That Lucario was terrifying but I once again came out of a gym battle unscathed. My team includes Prinplup, Luxray, Graveler, Machoke, Clefairy, and Murkrow. Half of the final team is already in place - I hope I get a chance to catch a Grass type that will replace Luxray as my primary anti-Water combatant, and I hope to replace Machoke and Graveler with other Fighting and Ground types since I can't evolve them into their final stages. Of course this is assuming none of the team members die, in which case I'll have to alter my final team.

Good Night My Gamers
Maylene these- [redacted]

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
if lucky, it can make the same amount as or more than Lego Batman
Right like how Shang-Chi did despite being delayed four times in a row regardless of COVID.

Black Adam was more likely a much more well-known character then Shang-Chi was prior to the MCU. Also once again, Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson. The movie has only been delayed twice.

Feel you're underselling how much of the moneymaker the guy is.

Last edited:

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Almost thought that the dinosaur game was going to be a futuristic Dino Crisis.

Anyways in other news, it seems that Ms. Marvel will the next Disney+ Marvel Studios show after Moon Knight:

This now means that She-Hulk which was originally meant to be next after Moon Knight will premiere after Ms. Marvel.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Why is the BDSP regional dex so ****ing bad
While I wish they just went with the expanded Platinum dex, I'm glad they at least had the foresight to dump those Pokemon into the grand underground.

Still, would have been nice if every route didn't have the same 4 Pokemon with maybe one unique to the area.

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
While I wish they just went with the expanded Platinum dex, I'm glad they at least had the foresight to dump those Pokemon into the grand underground.
But why separate them in the first place? Why do I have to go out of my way to catch a decent Fire type Pokémon? It's a solution to a problem that they created by using the DP dex in the first place

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
But why separate them in the first place? Why do I have to go out of my way to catch a decent Fire type Pokémon? It's a solution to a problem that they created by using the DP dex in the first place
Yeah, should have remade Platinum.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Tbh, I thought we were gettong a Plat postgame.

And then I thought maybe Plat DLC.

And now I don't think we're getting Plat at all considering how hard BDSP fell off.
TPC bringing back third versions with Pokemon Valuable Platinum.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Advance Wars delayed again

Advance Wars is a cursed game, the original release of the game came out like a day or two before 9/11.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I admittedly only bought Brilliant Diamond for Darkrai but now that I have it I feel an obligation to play it.

It is a fun game, I just think it seriously wasted its potential. Also I'm doing a Nuzlocke so I can't catch Platinum mons and even without the Platinum dex to compare it to, the DP/BDSP dex is legitimately the worst dex in the series in terms of type spread.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
I said it before but it only feels like a way to get every Gen 1-4 Pokemon on the Switch in one fell swoop (Though PLA had every Gen 4 mon regardless).

Which makes me wonder if ScarVio is gonna have the missing 50ish gen 5-7 mons
There’s about 63 mons who are completely absent from gen 8. 63 out of a regional pokedex of 4-500 isn’t too much.

They better be in. Every Pokémon should have at least one appearance on the switch.

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
There’s about 63 mons who are completely absent from gen 8. 63 out of a regional pokedex of 4-500 isn’t too much.

They better be in. Every Pokémon should have at least one appearance on the switch.
I know I've said this a bajilion times already, but the fact that the literal no. 1 most popular Pokémon of all time isn't on the Switch is baffling.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I know I've said this a bajilion times already, but the fact that the literal no. 1 most popular Pokémon of all time isn't on the Switch is baffling.
Greninja?

Its available in Unite and Smash.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I admittedly only bought Brilliant Diamond for Darkrai but now that I have it I feel an obligation to play it.

It is a fun game, I just think it seriously wasted its potential. Also I'm doing a Nuzlocke so I can't catch Platinum mons and even without the Platinum dex to compare it to, the DP/BDSP dex is legitimately the worst dex in the series in terms of type spread.
Would have been better if they just removed the EXP share, the game being WAY too easy hold it back from being a truly great revisit to Sinnoh

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Would have been better if they just removed the EXP share, the game being WAY too easy hold it back from being a truly great revisit to Sinnoh
As someone who used to grind intensively in his Platinum runs, I could not disagree more. The EXP share saves up hours of playtime for dedicated grinders like me and I appreciate it a lot, it speeds up the pace a lot.

Also the game's still hard, I nearly lost half of my team to Maylene's Lucario and they were about the same level.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
As someone who used to grind intensively in his Platinum runs, I could not disagree more. The EXP share saves up hours of playtime for dedicated grinders like me and I appreciate it a lot, it speeds up the pace a lot.

Also the game's still hard, I nearly lost half of my team to Maylene's Lucario and they were about the same level.
It really isn't, i steamrolled everything from Maylene to Cyrus.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Only part that was challenging for me in BDSP was the Pokemon League.

For a bunch of the game my Pokemon were nearly 20 levels above everything else.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
TMNT The Cowabunga Collection
Glad to see that both this and the JoJo remaster aren't console exclusives. I'm not familiar with all of the TMNT games listed, but I haven't played the SNES or Arcade versions of Turtles In Time, and I'm a fan of beat-em-ups and collections, so I'll definitely pick the TMNT game up, at least.

(I already have the JoJo game on PS3, so whether I pick that up depends on which nine or ten characters get added)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom