• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

tonygameman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3706-2453-6800
A collection of a bunch of classic teenage mutant ninja turtles games.
Also confirmed for Switch and other consoles alongside physical retail copies (features).

Konami's been asking for a redemption arc, besides a upcoming sequel of Getsu Fuma Den after like 34 years (Undying Moon) and Castlevania Advance Collection. 😉

Last edited:
Reactions: Z25

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
You are very silly.
If something doesn’t make sense imma say so.
If you wanna know, it's because the completely unique stat and style system this game has makes a lot of mons straight up bat**** busted.

Like, by the time you hit Coronet Highlands, being unprepared for a battle (wild, boss, or trainer) can straight up have half your team oneshotted like that.

Team building is hella important in this game, more so than ever. You will not win if you only have like 3 mons.
I get that they may have balanced it that way, but they didn’t need to balance it that way. It just doesn’t make sense to me. Maybe I’m just salty about the lack of the league battles structure but it genuinely doesn’t make sense to me why a trainer in that scenario wouldn’t just carry around a sack of like 40 Poké Balls and fight with all of them.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806

I get that they may have balanced it that way, but they didn’t need to balance it that way. It just doesn’t make sense to me. Maybe I’m just salty about the lack of the league battles structure but it genuinely doesn’t make sense to me why a trainer in that scenario wouldn’t just carry around a sack of like 40 Poké Balls and fight with all of them.
Why do most RPGs prevent you from having all playable characters out at once and instead limit who's in a party/battle at any time?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Why do most RPGs prevent you from having all playable characters out at once and instead limit who's in a party/battle at any time?
Honestly, that doesn’t make sense either imo. I’d honestly like it better in most RPGs if you had “access” to your whole party at any time and could either pick individually before each battle or at least switch them out mid-battle.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend

6 Pokémon is likely better for gameplay balance. If you were able to use tons of Pokémon at once, then for the trainer fights they’d have to add a lot more ‘mons to each opponent (and possibly make them feel same-y or too long), and arbitrarily make wild ‘mons weirdly a lot stronger.

You can easily switch them out at the camp site, anyway.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Right like how Shang-Chi did despite being delayed four times in a row regardless of COVID.

Black Adam was more likely a much more well-known character then Shang-Chi was prior to the MCU. Also once again, Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson. The movie has only been delayed twice.

Feel you're underselling how much of the moneymaker the guy is.
considering I’ve been watching him since WWE…not really…I am “underselling” Black Adam himself, not the most electrifying man in sports entertainment. Also there’s something Shang-Chi had that this movie doesn’t…aka…the name Marvel (ya know, one of the biggest brands in the world today). Using a single big star’s name isn’t always gonna guarantee a movie becoming a blockbuster of any kind. Make good enough money sure. Easily become a big ol cash grab no.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
show always knows what to do

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Ugh, hate when that happens. You should try debrox. It takes a while, but eventually it'll clear your ears.
Put a couple drops of alcohol to hopefully break it down.

If it doesn't clear up in the near future, I'll look into a doctor appointment.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Miranda on the KCAs again? Count me the **** in

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I think I'm mostly good on games I want on 3DS and Wii U.

All I can really think of are Pokémon Crystal and Xenoblade Chronicles X (the latter I probably won't play but better safe than sorry)

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Gardevoir is probably stronger and has a better movepool but Sylveon is far more convenient and is cute as **** so you decide
Yeah, I love both 'Mons from a design perspective, but as adorable and pretty as Gardevoir is, Sylveon's cute as heck and has the benefit of mono-type Fairy, which is very strong.

TBH I know my real weakest link is my team's Lopunny, but IDK what to replace it with.

Current team for those curious:

Lilligant
Typhlosion
Goodra
Lopunny
Sneasler
Sylveon

I need to address certain type matchups 'cause this game doesn't have as much freedom for messing around.

The struggle is that this game's Dex is actually good and gives me too many 'Mons I like lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom