• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I've been thinking about what I'd really like for Scarlet and Violet as if we're getting them this early, I might as well put some thoughts down even if most of y'all are gonna skip it lmao

1: Frostbite replacing Freeze. Frostbite is genuinely great as it serves a great purpose in it's ability to cripple special attackers, special attackers generally don't have to deal with nearly as many countermeasures as physical attackers due to Burn crippling them and a sizable chunk of mons having abilities that directly discourage contact moves like Static, Flame Body, Rough Skin, Fluffy, Iron Barbs and Gooey with special attacks only really have to worry about Frosmoth's signature ability or Assault Vests, one being locked to a bad mon and the other having a rather important drawback. Meanwhile Freeze has no reliable way to set it up and is generally never seen in any playthroughs.

2: Buff Ice and Bug types. Frostbite would be an inherent buff to Ice types but they're still quite bad considering how many of them are slow and bulky, give them a bonus effect like what Sandstorm does to Rock type mons or change the type chart a bit. Same goes for Bug types, in which they are perhaps the worst offensive typing due to all the things that resist it meaning a good Bug mon is good despite it's typing.

3: PLA Sidequests. Sidequests breathed so much more life in to PLA with added lore or direct incentived to do things one normally wouldn't do, they're also generally quite fun and as SV are gonna be open world, this also gives players more to do as barren open worlds as easily the worst.

4: More counters to pivot moves. Pivot moves are ****ing busted, they're quite strong and/or have good offensive typings while keeping and giving momentum, letting you counter pretty much whatever's in front of you. My suggestions for this are giving us Persuit back with a buff like Knock Off got, more moves that have this effect, giving more mons access to the Stakeout ability or all of the above, this type of move has had it too good for far too long like Stealth Rocks and we know have 4 super useful pivot moves that anyone with half a brain cell can abuse.

5: Gym battle reworks. If we're getting an open world then I want what the Pokemon Origins shorts implied, nonlinear gym orders. Not only that, but the levels of gym trainers and leaders scaling with the amount of badges you have so you get total freedom in orders without worrying about levels as much

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
View attachment 346462

I would really very much prefer if that were to not happen thank you
Thank you for making me lol. I knew changing that one word would make something funny happen!
It's definitely worth then. It's a varied game that doesn't last too long, you can beat it in like 8 hours. It is tough, but it's not impossible.

Just know that Easy mode doesn't actually count for progress. It's kinda bs the way they did it.
Right. Got it! I’m ready to go!

osby

Smash Obsessed
Holy cow

DAILY DEMON SHOWCASE

This showcase's demon is of the Holy race:

1646145116342.png

“I am Holy Apis. Guided by the light from the heavens, I have come to aid you.”

Alignment: Light-Law

Origin: Egyptian mythology. A sacred bull wand the son of Hathor, worshiped in the Memphis region. Originally a symbol of rebirth, he’s sacrificed again and again only to be reborn. Later, he became the intermediary between humans and gods. It’s also considered to be a manifestation of kings due to bulls’ strength and fertility. When a calf with proper markings that mark him as Apis was born, he would be used in rituals through his life.

Skills: Hamaon, Marakukaja, Me Patra, Dekunda

Next time, you will meet a demon of the Megami race.

Barney the Dinosaur color palette aside, there’s not too much to say about how Apis looks. It looks like a regular, healthy bull that represents the god himself, only its twin tails setting him apart (funny enough, this birth defect would probably disqualify him from actually being Apis). I’ve always liked his demure, sitting position and how he can pack a punch even as a support demon. His light skills are likely a reference to the sun motifs in his necklace and crown but I don’t think he’s ever explicitly associated with any sun gods unless you count the obvious reincarnation theme.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I'm just too bent out of shape to keep living life. The very fact nuclear war is hanging over us at this point. At this point I'm just waiting for it to happen because I can most guarantee it's going to at this point. Putin wouldn't care less what ends up happening to the world or his country as the he's dying and will go out with it if he doesn't get what he wants.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I'm just too bent out of shape to keep living life. The very fact nuclear war is hanging over us at this point. At this point I'm just waiting for it to happen because I can most guarantee it's going to at this point. Putin wouldn't care less what ends up happening to the world or his country as the he's dying and will go out with it if he doesn't get what he wants.
HOLY ****, IT'S THE GUY
Theguy (1).jpg

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I'd rather be dead then live a post-nuclear war life.

People will begin resorting to desperate measures turning on each other, begin eating their own dogs. Even in such a world, people will be desperate for humor as if that's the only thing keeping false faith alive. Boy what a life that'll be!

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

People will begin resorting to desperate measures turning on each other, begin eating their own dogs. Even in such a world, people will be desperate for humor as if that's the only thing keeping false faith alive. Boy what a life that'll be!
image (3).jpeg

Mike!
Don't be fearmongering!

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Running from the cops in Stardust Speedway.

Michael, don’t do something bad to yourself over something that you’re exaggerating. You do have a lot to live for.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Not even gonna bother when we know it's going to happen. Keep up with all the denial of it actually happening.

Thanks anyways but my faith has finally been broken in humanity and everything we could have done to be better. Putin has proven this.

Hope he's proud of himself.

That said, goodbye everyone, it's been nice knowing you all.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I see that Funimation's adding a bunch of their series to Crunchyroll; this seems like as good of a reason as any to give Yu Yu Hakusho a try, since I've only seen the Dark Tournament arc and a few of the earlier arcs back when Viz was putting out a Shonen Jump magazine in English.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Not even gonna bother when we know it's going to happen. Keep up with all the denial of it actually happening.

Thanks anyways but my faith has finally been broken in humanity and everything we could have done to be better. Putin has proven this.

Michael, calm down.

Putin is an imperialist, not a cartoon villain. He's interested in conquering a country that he sees as his right, not trying to destroy the world. The current war is really Ukraine's crisis, not anyone else's.

Keep supporting the people actually in need, chances are that you're not gonna be affected in a personal way.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Michael, calm down.

Putin is an imperialist, not a cartoon villain. He's interested in conquering a country that he sees as his right, not trying to destroy the world. The current war is really Ukraine's crisis, not anyone else's.

Keep supporting the people actually in need, chances are that you're not gonna be affected in a personal way.
As I mentioned, he is dying anyways suffering from Parkison's and having had surgery involving cancer so if he doesn't get what he wants and just currently sent his family into this underground bunker city for when it happens, he'll certainly take the world with him especially since he put nuclear weapons at high alert. He's already has shown how much of a madman he is. It's gonna happen. Mark my words.

This is finally the last thing I'm saying. No point keeping hope in this world. Goodbye everyone, it's been nice knowing you all.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Running from the cops in Stardust Speedway.
As I mentioned, he is dying anyways suffering from Parkison's and having had surgery involving cancer so if he doesn't get what he wants and just currently sent his family into this underground bunker city for when it happens, he'll certainly take the world with him. He's already has shown how much of a madman he is. It's gonna happen. Mark my words.

This is finally the last thing I'm saying. No point keeping hope in this world. Goodbye everyone, it's been nice knowing you all.
Believe what you want to believe, even if it is false. See you within the following month when we are still alive, by the way.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Woah, slow down, if this means what I think it means, DO NOT do that. Putin isn't gonna affect you, and this isn't worth taking yourself out. Calm down my guy, listen to us.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Hello everyone,

I understand that the situation in the world is apprehensive and I also understand a lot of people (myself included truthfully) are nervous about the events and what could happen.

That said, bringing fear and sorrow onto others does not help out anyone. If anything, it makes things more tense. I ask for everyone to try and not be fear mongering as that makes everyone more on edge.

Lastly, if you are watching the news for updates, I highly advise taking breaks. Following the news of this conflict around the clock is definitely not recommended, since each development brings its own story. I recommend doing something else to take your mind off the news.

Hope everyone has a good day.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I don't want to keep this topic going but just one thing: listen to Ukrainians and (dissident) Russians. They are pretty clear on Putin's actions having obvious ideological reasoning and not the results of some lunatic starting a war just because.

It's important to look at what's happening critically and realistically. Don't fall into baseless conspiracy theories.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
This type of fearmongering can effect some already vulnerable people, namely people who suffer from depression or anxiety.

Someone close to me had lost her job to Covid and fell into a depression by the time the peak of the George Floyd protests hit, and when people started fearmongering that it was going to escalate into a full on civil war and she became convinced that it was going to happen, or that the US was going to turn into an authoritarian police-state. She started fearmongering herself, trying to convince me of the same things - and any attempts I made to reassure her that we were going to be okay was met with heated resistance.

She's doing better now. Unfollowing a lot of toxic social media accounts and getting her job back really helped. But that type of fearmongering can really hurt people, and it often effects people who are already really hurting.

The world has been a scary, chaotic place for the last several years. But everyone in this thread has survived this long. It's too early for any of us to give up hope. It's better to make the best of the crazy times we live in now, rather then to pointlessly worry about a single, hypothetical future.

Ivander

Smash Legend
I don't want to keep this topic going but just one thing: listen to Ukrainians and (dissident) Russians. They are pretty clear on Putin's actions having obvious ideological reasoning and not the results of some lunatic starting a war just because.

It's important to look at what's happening critically and realistically. Don't fall into baseless conspiracy theories.
Yeah, it's not easy to know why it's happening when you have the theories and propaganda trying to do the reasoning for you. I think this video is probably one of the best at giving the "why" to Russia's actions.

Regardless, I pray for the Ukrainians and for others who are in the middle of this awful event. Please be safe and I hope this doesn't spiral any further downwards.

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Can I be honest with you? And I don’t give a damn if I get a warning for this but please…

Please just stop. No offense, but you always resort to this and its really bad that nothing ever gets done about it.

There isn’t going to be a WW3. Not now or ever. Humanity’s basic instinct is survival. Putin would be shot dead before it ever happened. He’s not out to end the world either, or conquer it. They want Ukraine for personal reasons. Regardless the only ones looking to start a war are your media. Stop giving them money and listening to their bull ****.

Urkraine is also putting up a hell of a fight. The damage being done to Russia on all fronts will be enough to hold them back and keep them in line.

I don’t know if your over exaggerating or if your serious, but literally nothing is going to affect you. This isn’t the first time you’ve acted like this either. Stop being brainwashed by the media who want nothing but the world to tear itself apart. Their reports are bull **** 99 percent of the time and very biased.

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
cashregister9 cashregister9

Just finished Portal: Stories Mel, and wanted to say you that:

1) Thanks alot for sharing this great mod with me! While some part feel a bit rough (the voice acting isn't as good as the OG games, but it's still pretty decent), in other areas I honestly could think Valve made it themselves, notably when it come to the atmosphere, musics & world design & level music!...on that note though.

2) While I still had a good time, next time, think you can share me a much, much easier mod to play? :132:

Like, holy cow those puzzles were hard, so hard I had to use a video for 4 puzzles that I was stuck on because my brain was starting to melt (I think I could have done those eventually on my own, but I figured it was better for my overall enjoyment, still sting quite a bit tho). I was also on Story aka Easy/Normal Mode, and I don't want to imagine how hard Advanced Mode is.

Regardless of my problems with the difficulty tho, i'm still very impressed a mod from 2015 has so much polish & love put into it, (Legit thought it was a mod that came out recently when you shared it to me), and without you, I wouldn't have knew it existed, so again, thanks pal.
Mel is one of my favorites.

I realize now that I cannot think of many more mods as you already played Echoes.

Hl2 MMOD is another favorite and so is the Stanley parable but MMOD is a weapon upgrade for hl2 and the better version of Stanley Parable is the paid version

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
HOLY ****
Called this when it was first announced that they were leaving Netflix. The Disney president has been wanting Mature content for awhile now, and Daredevil and Punisher were big money makers, I didn’t think they would leave them on Hulu and lose some profits when they could have all the money, that their reintroductions will bring.

Dyllybirdy

Smash Hero

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. is already on Disney+ where I am. So I guess it isn't over in America?
I don’t think it is. People were more expecting the shows to drop on Hulu because of the Mature rating. Which I never understood, when there’s r rated content in most Disney + providers across the world. Plus they were to popular to not include imo.

ZeldaFan01

Cassie Shore/Shelby Goodkind (Netflix)
NNID
?
"&Jade. Hi, I'm Shelby Marx/Tori Véga. Uhh I saw your video about me?!"
"
Oh, no I didn't. 😰"
"
Listen! I WAS gonna take it easy on you. But now, you're going down. Hard."
Let's go of &Jade, drops sweat towel. "
Let's go Gary! 😠"

Beck (Me): RelAX Girls, lets all try to get along. :)

c461763d1d1d3db11ac8a806bba7cc4c.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom