• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Been checking out the views and likes counts on the Capcom Fighting Collection trailers within different Youtube channels after 4 days.

Nintendo - 323,530 views, 12k likes
Playstation - 86,588 views, 4.1k likes
Xbox - 31,364 views, 2.2k likes
Capcom USA - 158,357 views, 7.6k likes
Street Fighter - 182,570 views, 7.8k likes

Overall, it is no surprise that the Nintendo's channel certainly got the most views and likes considering that this will be the first time Darkstalkers, Cyberbots and Red Earth will be on a Nintendo console.

Whilst I have seen a range of comments from hoping that the Capcom Fighting Collection could potentially revitalise the interest of a Darkstalkers sequel, something that fans including myself have long awaited for and perhaps bring out further collections of Capcom's fighting game library. I do hope that the sales and demand will be sufficient enough to warrant Capcom the newly found interest for Darkstalkers (something that Resurrections could not accomplish) and its other fighting games.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Whilst I have seen a range of comments from hoping that the Capcom Fighting Collection could potentially revitalise the interest of a Darkstalkers sequel, something that fans including myself have long awaited for and perhaps bring out further collections of Capcom's fighting game library. I do hope that the sales and demand will be sufficient enough to warrant Capcom the newly found interest for Darkstalkers (something that Resurrections could not accomplish) and its other fighting games.
Reportedly the sales of the Beat-em-up collection have resulted in them planning both Final Fight and Captain Commando games. If it was successful enough to fund two games, Capcom fighter fans NEED to buy this bundle, no "but I can already play them on Fightcade" excuses.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Mobius movie cross-promotion time

DAILY DEMON SHOWCASE

This showcase's demon is of the Haunt race:

1645799024523.png

“I’m Haunt Kudlak. The vampire that bites at the gods! Leave evil to me! Kekekeke!”

Alignment: Dark-Chaos

Origin: Slavic mythology. A kudlak is an evil vampire who takes the form of a black animal at night in order to fight with vampire hunting shamans, which can be a variety of creatures. Kudlaks are agents of evil and responsible for all sorts of diseases and misfortunes such as bad harvests. They prey on the weak and defenseless by draining their blood when uninterrupted. Their legend is present in pre-Christianity Slovenia and Croatia.

Skills: Energy Drain, Matarunda, Mabufula, Mudoon

Next time, you will meet a demon of the Fallen race.

Among commonly used demons, Kudlak is close as we’ll get to stereotypical European vampires. Ironically enough, there’s not much to say about Kudlak other than its shapeshifting ability, as they’re a footnote in vampire hunters’ legends. Therefore, his look leans heavily on a Victorian-style demon with a cape that resembles bat wings. I really dig his pose and the blackened, dried-out parts of how little of his body we can see. Personality-wise, he’s mostly just a yandere for Kresnik and it’s as funny as it sounds.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I see that there are Smash Ultimate mods that make Master Hand, Crazy Hand, Giga Bowser, and Beast Ganon playable.

If I ever get around to modding my Switch I'll be doing that.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Reportedly the sales of the Beat-em-up collection have resulted in them planning both Final Fight and Captain Commando games. If it was successful enough to fund two games, Capcom fighter fans NEED to buy this bundle, no "but I can already play them on Fightcade" excuses.
It's gonna be a day 1 buy for me, ive been wanting a Capcom fighter collection for so long, sure i wanted Rival Schools in the collection but this is still good.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I know that "kids these days" is boomer saying, but it just dawned on me that kids these days won't be able to experience the joys of schools calling a snow day because of online classrooms like Zoom and Webex.

Poor guys.
I mean if they are lucky, snow storms will knock the internet out for them, or power.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I wish Euphoria High was a real school
yqSKQRn-qRslTXdZZE4d291VfMrdVugCpgLVhkbORq0.jpg

That would be awful

BHM Day 25:
I'm tired as ****, so here's 5 more black indie devs y'all can support.
Swimsanity!:
Swimsanity! is a multiplayer underwater shooter with action-packed Co-Op and Versus game modes, all supported by online and local play. You play as our hero Mooba, who uses a variety of unique power ups and weapons to survive in this aquatic world.

Aurion: Legacy of the Kori-Odan:
Aurion is a 2D Action-RPG with real-time combat, aerial combos, and ultimate skills. Immerse yourself in this unique Nubian Fantasy universe and experience Dantean duels with immersive dialogues.[/b] Fight as a king and summon your queen into battle!

Combat Core:
Combat Core is a 3D arena fighting game sporting a colorful mix of modern aesthetics and futuristic cyberpunk. Fighters from across the galaxy have gathered to compete in the Combat Core League!

Garden Story:
Unify a broken community as the newly-appointed Guardian of The Grove. Traverse a vibrant island to combat invasive Rot, inspire its inhabitants, and rebuild your home. You won't have to do this alone: fruity friends await, ready to lend a hand!

Jumpala:
Jumpala is a fast-paced action puzzler with heavy fighting game vibes. While the core mechanics are simple, each game is a test of skill and strategy as you try to outscore and outplay your opponents. Features both local and online play.

I'm kinda lazy to go back and fetch the links, but all of them are available on Steam and most if them should be on Switch as well.

Double post, my bad. I rather have this one standing so if you gotta delete one delete the previous post.

Last edited:

dezeray112

Smash Hero
And I believe that both Final Fight and Captain Commando both appeared on the ransomware leak that happened with Capcom a few years back if that is correct? I really do hope that the "Capcom Fighting Collection" does well enough in sales and as you had said, if the Beat-em-up collection had them planning Final Fight and Captain Commando games, this will certainly open up new opportunities for what Capcom can do next in which I have seen many comments predicting that this could be the breakthrough Darkstalkers had long been looking for.

I don't really know much about "Fightcade", but I don't usually play games that much on my laptop as I am more of a home console gamer and that is my preference.

YO! ONE WEEK UNTIL THE BATMAN Y'ALL! WHOO!!!!
I believe the review embargo for The Batman will end on 28th February.

So how y'all been? Doing good in life?
Nothing much really, just doing a bit of drawing and some crafting to keep me busy.

Last edited:

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
Alright, I'm curious. What are some popular shows you guys tried, but couldn't get into? Or didn't see the appeal of?

For me, it'd be Seinfeld, Hunter X Hunter, and Arcane.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
What?
1645811082836.jpeg

I saw this at Walmart. When did they give Matt pay a graphic novel.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
ngl I’ll read it…their Batman/Fortnite comic was freakishly great, so I’m sure Marvel will gain a good one as well
the awfulness is why I wish for it to be real
295FC397-A2D6-4F41-A2CA-95A840EE744F.jpeg

nothing like a good cup of chaos to get through the days
69614381-611D-4FA5-B3DF-22055A48C148.jpeg

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Gonna attempt to start watching Attack on Titan again in March. Been probably almost 8 years since I watched and don't remember what episode I left off so gonna start from the beginning.

Watching it also to get ideas how to have Hilda and Twig fight (Mixed in with The Hunger Games given Hilda's weaponry) in my Gamera/Hilda crossover that I plan to write.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I don't really know much about "Fightcade", but I don't usually play games that much on my laptop as I am more of a home console gamer and that is my preference.
It's an online service for playing emulated fighting game ROMs. Since 99.999999% of its playerbase would acquire those ROMs through piracy, Fightcade players think it's redundant to pay for retro game compilations. Unfortunately, Capcom uses compilations/rereleases to see if there's any interest in continuing dormant franchises:
  • Street Fighter IV was greenlit because SFII was successful on Xbox Live Arcade
  • Marvel vs. Capcom 3 happened because MvC2 on Xbox Live/PSN was a million seller
  • In response to DmC, Devil May Cry fans hosted "Operation Crazy" with the goal of making the DMC HD Collection outsell DmC on the latter's launch date. It worked, and they got DMC4 SE and then the real DMC5.
  • Darkstalkers Resurrection didn't sell enough to greenlight Darkstalkers 4.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Alright, I'm curious. What are some popular shows you guys tried, but couldn't get into? Or didn't see the appeal of?

For me, it'd be Seinfeld, Hunter X Hunter, and Arcane.
I'm a cartoon fanatic, but I don't like all the extreme shock humor in a lot of adult animation these days (looking at you, Rick & Morty and inspired shows). A lot of it just feels distasteful to me and there's bound to be some stuff that won't age well at all.

I picked up Steven Universe but never made it past the first season. I liked it and intend to go back and finish it eventually, but it just didn't "hook" me. Not sure if that counts because I will finish it one day but there we go.

I watched the first episode of Regular Show and while I see the appeal it just didn't jive with me. Love the memes though.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
There was a problem fetching the tweet
this looks ****ing awesome

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I didn’t realize Knuckles had a new voice actor

went from Travis Willingham to a guy named Dave B. Mitchell (since Team Sonic Racing in 2019)

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I installed a 3DS emulator and got myself some 3DS roms of some of the games i own physically.

Had to have some people on discord help me out since i couldnt find these things on my own, neat.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I beat Kleavor today. My current team is Quilava, Sylveon, Grotle, Staravia, Gastrodon, and Machoke, but I'll only be keeping the former half and I think I know what my final team is gonna look like - probably Goodra, Basculegion, and a fighting type like Heracross or Sneasler. Machamp is neat but I gotta cover as many types as I can

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom