• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Spent the last hour+ browsing the 3DS eShop, making a list of games to grab before March next year.

Probably won’t grab even like, a quarter of ‘em, but will try to get these 100%:

• Rhythm Heaven
  • Paper Jam
  • Ever Oasis
  • Pokemon Ultra Moon

Classic games are gonna innevitably wind up on NSO…At some point, so not too worried about those.

Might try to grab the Sonics on here too, but IDK, we’ll see.

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Spent the last hour+ browsing the 3DS eShop, making a list of games to grab before March next year.

Probably won’t grab even like, a quarter of ‘em, but will try to get these 100%:

• Rhythm Heaven
  • Paper Jam
  • Ever Oasis
  • Pokemon Ultra Moon

Classic games are gonna innevitably wind up on NSO…At some point, so not too worried about those.

If possible, try getting Rhythm thief and Yokai Watch 3, those games will be nearly impossible to play in the future without some kind of emulation, and i dont know how feasible Rhythm thief is too emulate because of it's motion control sections.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
If possible, try getting Rhythm thief and Yokai Watch 3, those games will be nearly impossible to play in the future without some kind of emulation, and i dont know how feasible Rhythm thief is too emulate because of it's motion control sections.
Unfortunately, I’ll have to miss out on stuff ‘cause some of these games are gonna have to be bought at full price and I have Switch games I wanna get too, so I can only grab so much.

Plus, IDK if I’d be into YW, personally. Never really vibed with the game’s style. Appreciate the suggestions nonetheless, though.

Last edited:

Just a penguin

Smash Master
Hello, one and all. Today is time for the weekly Smash Bros/MTG crossover. We've got Lucas as our character for this occasion.
Here's the non-localized lad:
Lucas, Psychic Child

I think I captured his psychic abilities and tendencies to freeze his opponents pretty well, but there are many options I could consider going with.
Anyway, if anyone would like to get notified when they see this, as has happened with other serial posts, let me know.

Next up is Sonic, who will be fun to design, though it may be jarring when he is invariably Red.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280

• Rhythm Heaven
  • Paper Jam
  • Ever Oasis
  • Pokemon Ultra Moon

I'd toss in Pokemon Shuffle, Pokemon Rumble World, Pokemon Picross, and Nintendo Badge Arcade. Not the greatest games, but they're free. On that note, there's the My Nintendo rewards: Twilight Princess 3D and Flipnote 3D. They're for platinum coins, which are beyond easy to get for free.

osby

Smash Obsessed
My mom found my Twitter account.

Oh no.

I only post shinies there I don't know why I'm worried.
On the other hand, I only have a Twitter account because my mom wants me to use it for network building and I can't share anything not academic/work-related anyway.

Hence, you guys have to endure all my hot takes here.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
On the other hand, I only have a Twitter account because my mom wants me to use it for network building and I can't share anything not academic/work-related anyway.

Hence, you guys have to endure all my hot takes here.
You have to use Twitter for business? That's what Facebook is for, what is your mom on? :yoshi:

osby

Smash Obsessed
You have to use Twitter for business? That's what Facebook is for, what is your mom on? :yoshi:
Like five different sites, including LinkedIn.

It's not uncommon to use Twitter for setting up some light business stuff in Turkey. Facebook is usually seen as more "casual".

Shroob

Sup?
I bought the first 6 FNaF games on switch. May god have mercy on my soul.
Well

Uh

Have "fun"?

gonna be real, I never got the hype behind the games. To me, they're just jumpscare fests that people seem to like because "Funni internet person scream loud."

Now STORYWISE? They're cool(Except Security Breach), but the games to me have always been hot doodoo.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Dude there’s like 10 now.
So, shouldn't they be renamed as Five Nights at Freddy's Twice? 🤔

Well

Uh

Have "fun"?

gonna be real, I never got the hype behind the games. To me, they're just jumpscare fests that people seem to like because "Funni internet person scream loud."

Now STORYWISE? They're cool(Except Security Breach), but the games to me have always been hot doodoo.
People have fun playing visual novels and narrative adventure games. It sounds like this is something similar, no?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
View attachment 345610
Golden Shelter. A dragon hoards its wealth. Sluggish and never hungry, the dragon shows no patience to burglars.

Here's my shiny slug dragon. Lots of people don't seem to like this shiny but I think it looks neat.
It’s not what I expected when I got one, but I don’t it’s to bad. Just a bit unexpected

Shroob

Sup?
So, shouldn't they be renamed as Five Nights at Freddy's Twice? 🤔

People have fun playing visual novels and narrative adventure games. It sounds like this is something similar, no?
I guess to me, the work isn't really worth the payoff, especially since I don't consider jumpscares to actually be 'scary'.

With something like a visual novel or narrative adventure game, you're constantly being fed story crumbs to get you to your next story beat.

For FNAF, it's "Survive like 10 minutes without getting jumpscared and you get a 2 minute long minigame/cutscene that delves into the lore, and if you get jumpscared even once, you have to start all over again."

I think, as crazy as this may sound, that FNAF sans the jumpscares would be actually interesting, with reimagining the horror in a different direction, but it's just "Let's make loud noise so funny youtube personality screams loud." Even Security Breach, a game which does something entirely new for the franchise falls back on the jumpscares, and I say they're probably some of the worst in the series to date, they're just not scary. Loud noise with character shaking in your face doesn't make it any scarier.

I will say that the 1st game in the series actually did the jumpscares somewhat well, since the atmosphere actually felt oppressive and unsettling, and the gen 1 designs were pretty eerie, giving off that nostalgic fear, but every game after that just.... no, especially the 3rd game, which even the fanbase itself admits had lame-ass jumpscares due to how non-threatening they were.

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
gonna grab Kirby Triple Deluxe, Planet Robobot, and Link Between Worlds on the 3DS eShop. I already had Triple D and LBW, but I lost them about 6 years back 😔 Thankfully those two are only 20 bucks.

was gonna emulate but eh I felt it’d be nicer on the original system, should still have enough money for Kirby and the I Forgor 💀 and a couple or so cheaper games.

also since I see Feddy Fuzbar was brought up, am I the only one who likes FNAF World?

Shroob

Sup?
gonna grab Kirby Triple Deluxe, Planet Robobot, and Link Between Worlds on the 3DS eShop. I already had Triple D and LBW, but I lost them about 6 years back 😔 Thankfully those two are only 20 bucks.

was gonna emulate but eh I felt it’d be nicer on the original system, should still have enough money for Kirby and the I Forgor 💀 and a couple or so cheaper games.

also since I see Feddy Fuzbar was brought up, am I the only one who likes FNAF World?

In concept, I like the idea

In practice? I legitimately cannot play it due to the extreme amount of flashing lights and other photosensitivity warnings the game has. The game goes hard on the color flash and brightness during fights.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
In concept, I like the idea

In practice? I legitimately cannot play it due to the extreme amount of flashing lights and other photosensitivity warnings the game has. The game goes hard on the color flash and brightness during fights.
That’s fair, I don’t have that issue personally but it does suck for people with that trouble, not sure how I didn’t think of that before though maybe I’ve just forgotten.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Well

Uh

Have "fun"?

I'm not like, a crazy massive FNAF fan, but I can at least get some enjoyment out of some of the games. The first FNAF was intended to be a quick, short little burst of fun. This is a bit of an odd comparison to draw, but it's almost like a Game & Watch title in that sense. FNAF kinda feels like it's at it's "best" when that's what it is: A minigame with five rounds. And when that's coupled with suspenseful visuals and sound design, it's a very good match. But many FNAF games either slack on the gameplay or the suspense, in my opinion. FNAF 2 was too bright for my liking, and could easily be cheesed, for example. That's kinda why I like the first FNAF and FNAF: Help Wanted the most. Those nailed the suspense and gameplay. (I still get a bit spooked by FNAF: Help Wanted, haha) And when Security Breach isn't being buggy and laggy, I actually think it's gameplay is pretty fun.

osby

Smash Obsessed
DAILY DEMON SHOWCASE

This showcase's demon is of the Vile race:

1645280196918.png

“I’m Vile Kanaloa. Hidden knowledge of the abyss is all known by me.”

Alignment: Dark-Law

Origin: Hawaiian mythology. Also known as Tangaroa, he’s a god symbolized by the squid or by the octopus. He governs the sailing of canoes, unconsciousness, and northern ecliptic. His counterpart Kane controls the opposites of his duties. As a god of magic, he led a rebellion against other gods and was thrown into the underworld as punishment. New Age esotericism uses the Eye of Kanaloa as a symbol of his teachings.

Skills: Severing Bite, Mamudoon, Marakukaja

Next time, you will meet a demon of the Wilder race.

This is pretty much just an evil squid but the upside-down human face under the regular squid's eyes gives him a surprisingly creative look and reframes the tentacles as his hair, even if it’s the generic face also used by Mou-Ryo. I think a Kraken-style demon has a lot of potential in a 3D game and there’s an obvious lack of Polynesian figures in SMT V so I hope they consider using him more in the future, even if I’m kinda neutral on Kanaloa.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So was on mobile and back home and have a quick story to tell. When a sign shows this:

1645283488205.png

In a country park, you'd expect people to be smart but nope. Saw some muppet driving a motor dirtbike up a steep hill that's walkers only and scared me but then his bike got caught in the weeds and chain snapped for him.

Welp, gotta ride that down the hill boy with a broken motorbike. People gotta be reckless I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom