• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
a woman making Saudi bow to her…yay
On one hand... facepalm

On the other hand, that is so fitting of his character.
at least he wouldn’t be the first influencer hero (tho maybe he won’t cause issues)
View attachment 344875
They are going to ruin it.
DC pic…now how about that Black Adam tho

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Man.... I know I say this all the time. But just imagine a Mario RPG remake in the style of FF7R. I'm just imaginig how it would play. You could even shake things up in certain areas like having Luigi raid the castle at the begining with Mario as a guest party member the way certain Final Fantasy games have guest party members. "Limit Break" attacks that involve teaming up with your party members. Bowser and Peach being FULLY VOICED for the first time since Sunshine! (in games, not counting the movie) Mario and party having energetic real time action-RPG combat with epic orchestrations and set pieces! It would be glorious!

Momotsuki

Smash Champion
I'm late. Unfortunately for everyone else here, I don't care.

I'm really stoked about the MK8DX DLC. Another game's worth of courses for a game that I absolutely adore, and whose core is - in my opinion - perfectly fine the way it is - at a fairly reasonable price point. I honestly think that's great, and probably better than an MK9 could be right now. The game still sells and people still play it; something something if it ain't broke. I still don't think it manages to make the NSO Expansion Pack any less of a scam, but on its own, I think it's quite nice to see. I have to be honest - after four years I was under the impression that the ship had sailed. Glad to have been wrong on that.

I do think the eventual MK9 will be quite nice, but also that it should probably wait until we get another console; presumably a backwards-compatible Switch 2, as the Switch Pro is clearly a non-thing at this juncture.
In general, Nintendo has little reason to treat MK8DX like the rerelease that it is, seeing the disparity between the Wii U and Switch's install base. So treating it as the generation's flagship Mario Kart - what Nintendo seems to have been doing - is pretty reasonable.

I am kind of iffy on the choice to use the Tour artstyle, but overall that's a relatively minor nitpick that I'm willing to let slide on account of the volume of courses we're getting here. I'm really looking forward to what the Spiny Shell Cup ends up looking like - four Rainbow Roads, perhaps?
Lastly, I do kind of wish there were some extra characters or even skins for existing characters slipped in. I suppose it's possible they sneak a few in, but I feel like they would have announced such. But hey, here's hoping. In the meantime, I will enjoy the new courses as my existing main, Pink Gold Peach. Cry about it.

I may be pleased but I have not forgotten. Please let people listen to your music, Nintendo.

Wall of text? I hardly know her!

Last edited:

KillerCage

Smash Master
we win *******

edit: Disney Twitter you ain’t escaping me
That's cool.
Everyone gets to watch both shows as they resume EXCEPT FOR ME!
I'm stuck waiting on Disney+!

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
That's cool.
Everyone gets to watch both shows as they resume EXCEPT FOR ME!
I'm stuck waiting on Disney+!
bright side is that you could watch Proud Family: Louder and Prouder at the same time as the black community does

also it’s interesting how the 2 Disney shows I posted news about has obtained more attention than the DC and Megamind posts did…

looks like SmashBoards was bought out by Disney

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Just finished completing all the Pokedex entries except for Unown and the one I don't have yet

Anyway time to catch god

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Wait, do you have to complete all the Pokédex entries to catch Arceus? Or just catch em all?
Just catch them all

I just wanted to complete the dex entries first cause I'm a perfectionist like that, but even I don't have the patience to sit next to my computer screen while hunting down different Unown forms

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
why does the final boss for Persona 5 suck? Not Royal’s personal and emotional fight with Maruki, and not Strikers’ hyped up and badass fight with Demiurge that helps build Sophia up to a full Phanton Thief….just Yaldabaoth. Compared to those 2, he’s absolutely ****ing trash.

also Hadokeyblade Hadokeyblade I’m only just finding out that if you don’t complete Mishima’s confidant in time, then he doesn’t hype anybody up during the fight…freaky

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Tbh, Pokemon only had one flop throughout the 2010s and it was Base (No DLC) SwSh. Even then, it was just ok at worst and fine at best.
Oh I know, I'm just memeing

The only Pokémon game I played and outright didn't like was SwSh (well, there's non-remake Gens 1 and 2 but these are mostly just products of their time)

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
why does the final boss for Persona 5 suck? Not Royal’s personal and emotional fight with Maruki, and not Strikers’ hyped up and badass fight with Demiurge that helps build Sophia up to a full Phanton Thief….just Yaldabaoth. Compared to those 2, he’s absolutely ****ing trash.

also Hadokeyblade Hadokeyblade I’m only just finding out that if you don’t complete Mishima’s confidant in time, then he doesn’t hype anybody up during the fight…freaky
It does indeed feel wrong lol

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I caught all of the Unown forms without using a guide. I'm so proud of myself.

On the flip side I used a guide to find the last 3 wisps for the Spiritomb sidequest, so I'm a failure who doesn't deserve to call himself a gamer.

Everyone, shame and exclude me. It's what normie trash who needs guides like me deserves.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Oh I know, I'm just memeing

The only Pokémon game I played and outright didn't like was SwSh (well, there's non-remake Gens 1 and 2 but these are mostly just products of their time)
Gen 2 aged worse imo.

Also, typing that made me realize that there is a very real possibility that Let's Go Johto could be the one Gen 2 remake that fixes all of Gen 2's weird dex and atrocious pacing issues.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Gen 2 aged worse imo.

Also, typing that made me realize that there is a very real possibility that Let's Go Johto could be the one Gen 2 remake that fixes all of Gen 2's weird dex and atrocious pacing issues.
Eh, HGSS was good at least. Not perfect, but I really did like it a lot.

I don't know if I have any desire left to play traditional Pokémon games after PLA though, I might be more than a little burned out on the old formula

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Eh, HGSS was good at least. Not perfect, but I really did like it a lot.

I don't know if I have any desire left to play traditional Pokémon games after PLA though, I might be more than a little burned out on the old formula
I'll get to HGSS next. If was a game I always wanted at one point, but at the same time it's still Gen 2 at heart and yuck.

Then again, I too wonder if I can ever return to the old, slower formula.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
2nd Half of the Storm Colors. They were up on Newgrounds, but now they're on Twitter and IG too. Yesterday, I bothered to scan in a lot of sketches, like more than 30. Not sure how many I'll share, but I plan on at least having one or two full drawings in March if I can. I'll probably just upload a few between droughts in my art.

I thought all the Gex games were considered pretty solid?
Were they? I mostly heard good things about the first.

Maybe we should have memed Gex more than Bubsy cause his titles would've been worth something.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
2nd Half of the Storm Colors. They were up on Newgrounds, but now they're on Twitter and IG too. Yesterday, I bothered to scan in a lot of sketches, like more than 30. Not sure how many I'll share, but I plan on at least having one or two full drawings in March if I can. I'll probably just upload a few between droughts in my art.

Were they? I mostly heard good things about the first.

Maybe we should have memed Gex more than Bubsy cause his titles would've been worth something.
Ororo always slaying it in the fashion department

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
It is pretty funny. Unscripted anime is something elss.

What's not funny is when you get hit with the unscripted "We can't be together because you are black" irl.

Not speaking from personal experience of course.
If anyone does that, hit em with the "Really? During Black History Month?" Hell, do it for any minor inconvinience, I know I'd sheepishly apologize if that was pulled on me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom