• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Is it just me or do Smash reactions not have the same spark as they used to? There weren't too many reaction videos towards Min Min & Steve that I've genuinely enjoyed so much, plus I do kind of miss the Nintendo NYC Store reactions...
Believe me, there are a lot of Steve reaction videos out there.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Is it just me or do Smash reactions not have the same spark as they used to? There weren't too many reaction videos towards Min Min & Steve that I've genuinely enjoyed so much, plus I do kind of miss the Nintendo NYC Store reactions...
I've noticed my reactions aren't as overblown if that is what you mean compared to say when Joker got announced (I was super happy for Min-Min but not as showing it).

Probably just your mind is focused on other stuff.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
xD I have always wondered from which comic that hilarious Shadow face came from...

Late night post, but a few people showed some interest in the topic, so I feel like I need to give some updates.

My current situation has settled down. Everything is going well so far.
:D This is great news, glad to know! I hope everything keeps on going smoothly.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Did you know that Dante from the Devil May Cry series is canon to the Devil May Cry universe! Pretty wacky, I know. Here's how....

• Dante shows up in SMT3 to punch Demi-Friend or whatever
  • We then go to Persona 5 Dancing, where Joker can dress up as demi-friend.
  • Then we go to TMS, where the main character can dress up as Joker (only in the Switch port).
  • Marth appears in TMS, and then he also appears in Granblue Fantasy
  • Mega Man also appeared in Granblue Fantasy, and he would also show up in Marvel VS Capcom 2.
  • Ryu also showed up in MVC2, and was in Project X Zone.
  • Dante was in Project X Zone.
Finally, proof that DMC takes place in the DMC universe.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I learned that Semi-Auto was much, much more important than I thought. Just tested out and I prefer it wayyyy over Manual.

That, and Estelle run away from enemy & heal me when my HP are low or I can ask her to buff or heal me via a shortcut.

Think i'm starting to figuring things out!

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Min Min reactions weren't anything crazy IIRC but I've seen quite a few entertaining ones for Steve, most notably IntroSpecktive and Failboat.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
xD I have always wondered from which comic that hilarious Shadow face came from...
I don’t remember which particular comic, but as I recall, it was when Shadow got trapped in Blaze’s dimension and the face was in response to Marine when she admitted that she can’t help him
A1E82B01-22B6-47DC-A358-6BC43986D349.jpeg

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I don’t remember which particular comic, but as I recall, it was when Shadow got trapped in Blaze’s dimension and the face was in response to Marine when she admitted that she can’t help him
View attachment 289004
Reminds me that I need to get around to reading the IDW Sonic comics.

Dutch Raikuna

Want it to be morning already.

Just want this sick saga to be over as soon as possible. Want to go back to playing stuff without worrying about my health.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Please no.

The embed spam in Newcomer Thread every time the music talk happens is bad enough.
oh **** that was taken seriously
400px-Dr.MarioBThrowSSBU.gif

excuse me while I go work on my ****ty jokes and sarcasm to seem less serious
and yes this YEET was needed to show off my sarcasm bbackfiring therefore I shall now be punished via myself
...also this better not backfire on me

View attachment 289004
...rip the edginess that Shadow once had
Reminds me that I need to get around to reading the IDW Sonic comics.
Hell yeah you should. Some excellent comic content from Sonic

Last edited:

AndreaAC

This is a fair point.

Her, Tails, and Charmy are easily the most innocent characters in the entire Sonic character roster. In that order too, imo.
Yeah, that is why I used to be a Tails fan as a kid, and even at one point when watching Sonic X, Cream's appearances always melted my heart, and even made me sad. xD Funny, now that I remembered Sonic X, I used to be a Tails x Cosmo supporter too.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Yeah, that is why I used to be a Tails fan as a kid, and even at one point when watching Sonic X, Cream's appearances always melted my heart, and even made me sad. xD Funny, now that I remembered Sonic X, I used to be a Tails x Cosmo supporter too.
Tails is adorable and wonderful <3 And of course, he's my favorite Sonic character haha

As far as ships go, I'm not really into it. I just go with whatever is canon.

In the Boom timeline, Tails x Zooey is canon so that's what I agree with.
In the X timeline, Tails x Cosmo is canon so that's what I agree with.
In the main game timeline, while it's never confirmed, Tails x Cream is implied so that's the way that I would support as well.

Now if I were to compare the three, I like all of them. I think all three of those girls are a match for Tails, within each timeline.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
This is a fair point.

Her, Tails, and Charmy are easily the most innocent characters in the entire Sonic character roster. In that order too, imo.
...imma bout to be the only one who thinks Sticks is among the most innocent cause...Sticks

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
...imma bout to be the only one who thinks Sticks is among the most innocent cause...Sticks
Indeed. Because her defining character traits include paranoia and skepticism, rather than having innocence as one of the top ones because her more apparent traits are so glaring, along with her not being a "kid hero." The "innocent" characters range from 6-8 years old. Sticks, on the other hand, is 14. Innocence is normally a child trait, and even if she did have innocence in her, her top two traits would be so blaring that it wouldn't matter.

Besides, I would argue that innocence is certainly not one of her traits because it runs contrary to her inclination to be suspicious of everything and everyone.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

Tails is adorable and wonderful <3 And of course, he's my favorite Sonic character haha

As far as ships go, I'm not really into it. I just go with whatever is canon.

In the Boom timeline, Tails x Zooey is canon so that's what I agree with.
In the X timeline, Tails x Cosmo is canon so that's what I agree with.
In the main game timeline, while it's never confirmed, Tails x Cream is implied so that's the way that I would support as well.

Now if I were to compare the three, I like all of them. I think all three of those girls are a match for Tails, within each timeline.
I remember Tails x Cosmo the most, I'm really disappointed they didn't use the same line Tails said about confessing that he loved her in the English dub. :/

I haven't even thought about Tails and Cream really, but sounds cute.

I know nothing about the other.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
I remember Tails x Cosmo the most, I'm really disappointed they didn't use the same line Tails said about confessing that he loved her in the English dub. :/

I haven't even thought about Tails and Cream really, but sounds cute.

I know nothing about the other.
Tails x Zooey gets the least focus because the Boom cartoon is the most recent of the three Sonic timelines/alternate universes mentioned.

Although, it still has appeal. We have a smart boy with a smart girl who genuinely love each other and act innocent and mature in their relationship despite being so young.

Mix together a humble child prodigy mechanic with a modest book worm as well, and you have a likable pair.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

Dunkey's voice makes everything in this video sound like it's made up, even when there's video footage of what he's describing. (particularly Miyamoto's comments about resurrecting Luigi, and the footage of Mario 128 at the seven minute mark)

Last edited:

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Let it be know that I won't go to heaven unless I play God Hand one day.

Super Heaven is only for those who finished God Hand btw.
When I get the chance, I want to get a PS2 and a bunch of games for it. God Hand is on the list. I know its hard as hell, but it looks so ridiculous and over the top.

There were still plenty. But the larger group ones ain't happenin' thanks to COVID. And given most of the people who record game stuff on YT are primarily 80's-90's fans, they might not care about much post 2005.

Still, I personally liked Min-Min's inclusion a lot, since ARMS was a pretty neat game. I'm not a Minecraft guy, but it's been around for like 11 years and is one of the biggest games of all time.

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Well I've had to phone out of hours.

Getting a burning pain below my lungs.

****. And here I was hoping it was ending.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I'm at the point where I'm pretty much looking for things to pack that I don't need for the next couple weeks.
Found a place and we are set for the big move on the 1st! The current tenants are willing to let us move some stuff in slowly over the course of the next few weeks then the final move will be all the big stuff.

Looking forward to this new place! I'll have space to actually start making my own little studio, to keep things more separate from my sleeping area.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I wish this got to happen...

Dear lord, I really miss Battle Network and StarForce.
This probably would have been the game where Duo returns given how he said at the end of battle network 4 that he would return in a future age to test humanity once more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom